Home

TheSinner.net

What did you watch on telly last night?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

What did you watch on telly last night?

Postby Legion on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 am

I spent the evening watching programmes about the UK coastline on UKtv History.

They'll probably repeat them countless times like they did with the Fred Dibnah series, but still - it's good while it's still new
Legion

Re:

Postby leanneski on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:15 am

ER!!! It was a very emotional episode, full of even more drama than usual.

http://colonel-stratho.co.uk
leanneski

Re:

Postby orudge on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am

legion: Do you mean "Coast"? I saw that on BBC iMP a while ago, quite enjoyed a few episodes. St Andrews is featured in one of them, and Orkney another, so I quite enjoyed it for those reasons if nothing else. ;)

I didn't watch anything on TV, but I did watch the Weird Al Yankovic film U.H.F. It cheered me up a bit, I do like Weird Al. :)

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:35 pm

Quoting leanneski from 11:15, 21st Feb 2006

Same here, I was very happy to see that it finally focused on some patient drama instead of the soap opera-esque inter-doctor stuff...That's why I've been getting more and more into House.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby bramble on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:42 pm

I watched the body shock thing about the baby with two heads. I couldnt sleep later i was so freaked out....
Oh and then i watched Queer as Folk, which was....enlightening

[hr]

Ich will die Ruhe stören...
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Quoting orudge from 11:58, 21st Feb 2006
legion: Do you mean "Coast"? I saw that on BBC iMP a while ago, quite enjoyed a few episodes. St Andrews is featured in one of them, and Orkney another, so I quite enjoyed it for those reasons if nothing else. ;)

I didn't watch anything on TV, but I did watch the Weird Al Yankovic film U.H.F. It cheered me up a bit, I do like Weird Al. :)

I saw that too - it was Coast, and they featured Orkney last night. I think I missed the St Andrews one though.

Actually, come to think of it, it was Simon Scharma who was prevaricating about Skara Brae and the Ring of Brogar...

image:www.thesinner.net/pics/ringofbrogar.jpg
Thackary

Re:

Postby the reason for the word w on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:58 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 12:35, 21st Feb 2006
Quoting leanneski from 11:15, 21st Feb 2006

Same here, I was very happy to see that it finally focused on some patient drama instead of the soap opera-esque inter-doctor stuff...That's why I've been getting more and more into House.

[hr]

Did you possibly miss the ending? It'll almost turn into a telenovela in the next few eps...

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343

[hr]

Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
the reason for the word w

Re:

Postby A66 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Accrington Stanley (Who are they? - the younger ones won't get that) vs Morecambe
A66

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 pm

That new advert for Lynx Click.
Very funny.
Ewan Husami

Re:

Postby JM on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:02 pm

bodyshock...never fails to surprise!!!

then London

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

'If it's pink, you got to think; but if it's red, then go ahead

Postby steerpike on Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:36 pm

Ended up watching that programme on Channel 4, 'Cold Turkey', where a bunch of heroin addicts are put in a 24-hour surveilance 'clinic' and go 4 days without heroin or methydone - more like a bleak version of Big Brother i thought. Harrowing viewing - i didnt think they'd go as far as showing someone shooting up.

extreme stuff. on a lighter note, what did everyone think of the British representatives, John and Sinead Kerr, at the Winter Olymipcs figure skating? Dunno about any other natives out there, but when they skated out there all dolled up in tartan and dancing to 'The Porridge Men', i just cringed....

[hr]

Nothing is easier than to condemn the evildoer, nothing is harder than to understand him.

F.Dostoevsky
steerpike

Re:

Postby sweet on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:04 pm

Well ice dancing, like girl's gymnastics and ballroom, is pure, 100% cheddar with distinctly more than a smudge of glittery blue eyeshow and pink blusher. Given this their performance was only mildly cringworthy. Did you see the Italians? She looked ready to throttle him at the start of his routine then they had made it up by the end... awww... Seriously though, they should all be dressed in regulation top-to toe black and issued with a blotted of the correct foundation for their skin tone, some mascara, and nothing else.

I also watched Time Team, they dug up a beautiful Roman boat, and I got to cringe when they started chainsawing chunks out of it for a dendro date...

ER was on too late. boo.

Quoting steerpike from 16:36, 21st Feb 2006
Ended up watching that programme on Channel 4, 'Cold Turkey', where a bunch of heroin addicts are put in a 24-hour surveilance 'clinic' and go 4 days without heroin or methydone - more like a bleak version of Big Brother i thought. Harrowing viewing - i didnt think they'd go as far as showing someone shooting up.

extreme stuff. on a lighter note, what did everyone think of the British representatives, John and Sinead Kerr, at the Winter Olymipcs figure skating? Dunno about any other natives out there, but when they skated out there all dolled up in tartan and dancing to 'The Porridge Men', i just cringed....

[hr]

Nothing is easier than to condemn the evildoer, nothing is harder than to understand him.

F.Dostoevsky
sweet

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 pm

I didn't watch any TV - I was in London catching another Nickel Creek concert. It was absolutely awesome - these guys never fail to astound me with their musical prowess and endless enthusiasm. And hell is Chris Thile hot! Not a bad night really :o)

[hr]

"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)

IMAGE:img360.imageshack.us/img360/114/infosiggy23vz.gif
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 pm

I watched Life On Mars. Can't wait for the last one :D
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Monster Sink on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:11 am

I was at the Union, watching Nylon

They were cheesy and fun, and actually hotter than the pics on their website.
Who was the guy with the camera? Do we get to see the pictures?
Monster Sink

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:31 am

Stargate SG-1 and the new Battlestar Galactica

[hr]

Hail Ilpalazzo!
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
http://web.mac.com/brothermunro My Page of Random
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby steerpike on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:08 pm

Quoting sweet from 22:04, 21st Feb 2006
Well ice dancing, like girl's gymnastics and ballroom, is pure, 100% cheddar with distinctly more than a smudge of glittery blue eyeshow and pink blusher. Given this their performance was only mildly cringworthy. Did you see the Italians? She looked ready to throttle him at the start of his routine then they had made it up by the end... awww... Seriously though, they should all be dressed in regulation top-to toe black and issued with a blotted of the correct foundation for their skin tone, some mascara, and nothing else.

that italian girl deserves better, you cannot skate comfortably with someone if you don't trust them to not drop you.

my personal favourites on the ice will forever be Gwendal Peizerat and Marina Anissina, a French duo of Figure Skating notoriety - c'mon, there's something special about a couple when the it's the girl that's lifting up the bloke on ice - check out this thumbnail:

http://goldmedalimpressions.com/products/455998.jpg

[hr]

F.Dostoevsky
steerpike

Re:

Postby the Empress on Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Smallville . . Lex *sigh*

[hr]

Better to win by admitting my sin, then to lose with a halo
the Empress

Re:

Postby Polli on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:17 pm

I watched the documentary about today's Russia on More4. It was really quite interesting. And then topped it off with some humour: the Office rerun on BBC2.
Polli

Re:

Postby Palermo porridge man... on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Haha, thanks for the compliments.
As an Italian (in fact Sicilian) based Scot, and founder member of the Porridge Men, we were totally shocked when John & Sinead Kerr chose our music to dance to at the Olympics.

Sorry it didn't quite meet your high standards of national identity, but over here in Italy it went down a storm. They were really quite popular, and PLanet Porridge has sold more copies in the month since the Olympics than the Beatles have.

So, I guess, pipe, smoke it, put it, and...

Cheers
Iain (Porridge Man)
www.porridgemen.com

Quoting steerpike from 12:08, 22nd Feb 2006
Quoting sweet from 22:04, 21st Feb 2006

that italian girl deserves better, you cannot skate comfortably with someone if you don't trust them to not drop you.

my personal favourites on the ice will forever be Gwendal Peizerat and Marina Anissina, a French duo of Figure Skating notoriety - c'mon, there's something special about a couple when the it's the girl that's lifting up the bloke on ice - check out this thumbnail:

http://goldmedalimpressions.com/products/455998.jpg

[hr]

F.Dostoevsky
Palermo porridge man...

Return to The Sinner's Main Board