Home

TheSinner.net

Dundee Union

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Dundee Union

Postby Rockchik on Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:41 pm

Hello everyone, I was jus wondering if you guys eva make it over to Dundee union for the nights there? And what it's like?
Rockchik

Re:

Postby James Baster on Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:48 pm

Once we made it there. Half of us went to Coalese, the other half to the 80s dance night. It was very good. Its a spacious bar, the drinks are even cheaper than our union here (£1 a pint all night!) the music in both places was good. I would go again.

My mad dancing skills also resulted in a gay guy trying to chat me up at the bar. So thats, ummm, two people who like my dancing.

Be carefully about transport tho - the only way back after the union shuts is by taxi. Make sure you go in multiples of 4 so you fill taxis otherwise it gets very expensive.

[hr][s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:07 pm

It's a lot bigger but I think that it's lack atmosphere and just an X-factors but the drinks are cheaper and there's a lot more to do in the 1 place - also closes a lot later, what was it James 3am or something? I forget but the best part is that once you've got drunk really cheaply you can drunkenly stumble to the...ALL NIGHT BAKERY!!!
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Amanda on Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:38 pm

you and your obsession for that all night bakery. do they sell iced buns?

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Al on Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:40 pm

Hey! You can do that in St Andrews! Well, apart from the drinking till 3 a.m. bit. And the going to the All Night Bakery bit. And as St Andrews used to have an All Night Bakery, that bit used to be possible.

I knew someone who tried to eat a tree outside the All Night Bakery because he thought he was a giraffe. And they say the drugs don't work.......

[hr]"The greatest enjoyment from existence is living dangerously"
Al

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:00 am

I have to say this - and don't flame me for the caps, because caps are required to fully express the opinion I have...but:

THE YOUR ALL NIGHT BAKERIES ARE BELONG TO US.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:13 am

And you have no chance to survive make your time.

HA HA HA HA.

Still amusing :)

[hr]The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as 'Things just happen. What the hell.'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby loveridge on Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:49 am

All night bakery would be nice.

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby splittter on Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:34 am

[s]James Baster wrote on 22:48, 23rd Nov 2002:
Be carefully about transport tho - the only way back after the union shuts is by taxi. Make sure you go in multiples of 4 so you fill taxis otherwise it gets very expensive.

Or you can, as some female friends of mine did once, fantasise that there is a late bus ... go drunkenly to the bus station ... hang around there for an hour or so alone in the dark freezing cause you're wearing skimpy clubbing attire ... try to walk to another bus stop out of some desperate hope ... get stopped by the police who hint that they think you are 'ladies of the night' ... and finally act so pathetic toward them that they give you a lift home ... can't say I reccomend it ... but it works :)
splittter

Re:

Postby James Baster on Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:35 am

I wouldnt look good in the skimpy clothing. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

[hr]
[s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Dj Balloon on Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:48 am

I've been there a few times and had a pretty good time. They have loads more pool tables than we do if you're into that kind of thang. Speaking from a guy's perspective, the ladies are a bit more friendly than here. This is balanced by the guy's being a bit more agressive. Especially to the English.... *sighs* What do you all reckon?
Arse arsonist's forfeit refreshment
Dj Balloon

Re:

Postby polythenegirl on Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:36 pm

hey
I spend mosta my time in Dundee union even tho im a student here. I find it has soooo much atmosphere! no-one is ever in our union. As a result of this I have made loadsa friends in Dundee and very little in st-andrews. Everyone raves about the social life here, but unfortunatly it aint my cup of tea. anyways I would definetly recommend the dundee union for a night out. Especially trolleyed on wednesdays... £1 a double.
polythenegirl

Return to The Sinner's Main Board