Home

TheSinner.net

Fitness

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Fitness

Postby Nymphomanic on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:19 pm

Had an odd experience today when I realised how unfit I have become. Was with friends and we climbed a moutnain, althogether the walk was about 13k (we had to walk to the mountain too) - which isn't that far. Anyway, now I ache like hell. How could this happen? I used to be so fit, anyone else had similar experience

[hr]

I read most of the night and go south in winter - wasteland
I read most of the night and go south in winter - wasteland
Nymphomanic

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:35 pm

Its called climbing a fucking mountain and being sore afterwards. If you were unfit, you wouldnt be able to do it in the first place.

What on earth did you used to do before while you were still "fit" that was more arduous than 13km of uphill walk?

Pity those of us who get out of breath going to the fridge and back.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tb2-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
Duggeh

Re:

Postby orudge on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:01 pm

Yes, I would usually expect to come down from a mountain aching, if it was a half decent one. I daresay it's nothing much to worry about.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby the Empress on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:22 pm

I used to do 6hrs/week when I was a teen and I still couldn't walk up a mountain . . or even get good grade in PE! Hehe, these days I can't even jog round the block.

[hr]

Better to win by admitting my sin, then to lose with a halo
the Empress

Re:

Postby terry towelling on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Fitness has nothing to do with muscles.
It's about how quickly you regain your breath after exercise.

Unless you walk 13km up mountains on a regular basis, it's not really surprising that you ache the day afterwards..
terry towelling

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:09 pm

When I first came to Uni here in Plymouth, I just about died from the pain in my calfs marching up the steep hills here. But it was a sweet realisation when I eventually found myself able to march up them without any pain or the need for a 15 minute breather before being able to speak once I reached my destination. Still, I won't be running a marathon.

I was recently trying to get more fit with jogging and so on. I've got some kick-ass big biceps right now, though I wish they made my arms look more trim when I'm not deliberately flexing them. I was beginning to look rather nicely toned, but then I got some kind of sprain injury in my ankle after beating my last jogging time record, and was barely able to walk the next day, and my foot is still sore and swollen a week later. So my exercise has had to go on hold, and hence my lovely new found fitness is rapidly shrinking before my very eyes. Grrr.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Return to The Sinner's Main Board