Home

TheSinner.net

Anybody know names of 2005 Biology graduates?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Anybody know names of 2005 Biology graduates?

Postby DinahX on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:08 am

Hiya, i'd like to know names and or contact details for female biology graduates from 2005, i'm planning my anthropology dissertation, about women in the sciences, but the biology department is being being unco-operative and said they couldn't help me because of confidentiality.
I don't think i'm going to be a bother, so i'd like to contact people directly. (if i have names i can look up contact details myself you see.) I'm not attempting to be invasive i swear! Just a few questions about why they chose the subject and if they felt any pressure against them, etc etc,
Thanks!
DinahX

Re:

Postby Lyra on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:23 am

Facebook?

[hr]

The Man With No Name - Danger fits him like a tight black glove
Lyra

Re:

Postby Batman on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:43 am

Quoting Lyra from 12:23, 3rd Apr 2006
Facebook?

[hr]

NO its stalkerbook

[hr]

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight!
Have you ever danced with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight!
Batman

Re:

Postby Lyeta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:18 pm

You could try the St. Andrews Citizen...I think they publish the names of graduates. Being included in the press is optional so you may not get all, but probably a fair few. The other option is to ask one of last year's bio graduates (of which there are at least two lurking around on the Sinner) if they wouldnt mind asking their friends.
Lyeta

Re:

Postby raheli on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:53 pm

I'm a female biology grad from 2005 : )
You can email me your questionaire if you like and I'll let my friends know about your project.

: ) pickelrachel@yahoo.co.uk
Intelligence is good. I'm not very intelligent myself, but I think it's a nice idea.
raheli

To the original poster

Postby RJ Covino on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Contact the Alumni Relations office - they'd be more helpful than regular biology staff in terms of tracing alumni. While they'll not be able to give you the names and contact details outright, they ought to be able to contact them on your behalf, as it's one of the services which they provide.

Alumni Relations Office
University of St Andrews
St Salvator's College
North Street, St Andrews KY16 9AL, Scotland
Tel: +44 (0)1334 462597/ 467194
Fax: +44 (0)1334 462030
E-mail: alumnus@st-and.ac.uk

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:56 pm

I'm a bio graduate from then... you can contact me through the sinner if you want.

I know that in module BL3023 in 2003, there were 45 girls and 9 guys.... I dont think females are being pressured out of biology. Although the general trend is that most staff are male, but more students are female.

Also, a lot of graduates names were not published. A fair few from my class are missing.

YOu could try to get yr hands on a programme from the graduation?? Morning of Fri 24th of June, 2005.
Setsuna

Re:

Postby jlk2 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:46 pm

I'm one! You can mail me on iamnoangel2001@hotmail.com :)

Quoting DinahX from 12:08, 3rd Apr 2006
Hiya, i'd like to know names and or contact details for female biology graduates from 2005, i'm planning my anthropology dissertation, about women in the sciences, but the biology department is being being unco-operative and said they couldn't help me because of confidentiality.
I don't think i'm going to be a bother, so i'd like to contact people directly. (if i have names i can look up contact details myself you see.) I'm not attempting to be invasive i swear! Just a few questions about why they chose the subject and if they felt any pressure against them, etc etc,
Thanks!
jlk2

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:58 am

Hello Setsuna and jlk2. Didn't know you both still frequented the Sinner! :)

Anyway, I am also a 2005 biology graduate, so you can get me at cm833@hotmail.com if you want. Use your St Andrews email account and an obvious subject title or something so I can recognise and fish your email out of all my junkmail!

As Setsuna said, our classes were only about 9 boys to 45 girls. And that was my experience at school too. Biology seemed to be a female-dominated science, while Physics was more male-dominated, and chemistry was about even. I always wondered what happened to some people who did bioloy I used to know, but split off to different areas later on, and yet, I never saw them at the graduation or mentioned in the graduate booklet thing. I wonder what happened to them. Doesn't help that I never knew or forgot a lot of their names. I remember some girls called Jack, Sally and Erica, but I never saw them in the last year or so, so I wonder what happened to them. Strange.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Return to The Sinner's Main Board