Home

TheSinner.net

Poll

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Poll

Postby Colleen on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:26 pm

"I'm a woman and I'll have any of you."

Because everyone knows that bisexuals are rampant sex-addicts and will take anything going.

Sorry. I know the poll is meant in jest (or at least I hope it is) but the assumption about bisexuals actually a big pet peeve of mine and to be honest is both old and no longer funny.
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Jubilee on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:42 pm

I suppose it's a bit like facebook - the part where it says 'Interested in' and one puts men, and/or women. I don't like that euphemism because I think of myself as interested in people but heterosexually inclined. But I guess we're just nitpicking a little.
Jubilee

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:03 am

Just a tad.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:26 am

Yes, I'm sure that was exactly what was in the mind of the poster. "I know," he/she thought, hammering away at their keyboards, "I'll put up a poll that'll piss those bisexuals right off. They've got it coming."

I might as well take offense that 'I'm a man and I like women' implies that I'll shag any and every woman that comes into my path when this clearly isn't the case. And then other women might take offense at my saying that if I haven't had sex with them. Weren't they good enough?

Do you see? The whole cycle just rumbles on hideously, perpetrated by people who are so easily offended that they twist the slightest thing into a slur on themselves.

[hr]

Mmmm, cake.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby terry towelling on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:26 am

I heard the bisexuals are quicker to respond to criticism, and also have a higher humour threshold.
terry towelling

Return to The Sinner's Main Board