Home

TheSinner.net

Tribute to Prince Philip...because he's a legend.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby motorhead on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:33 pm

Quoting Grandpa from 13:15, 14th Apr 2006
Quoting motorhead from 13:08, 14th Apr 2006
they are a bunch of tight ass cowards that do nothing for man nor state. They have never experienced hardship or done anything worthwhile with thier status but cause public scandals.

Clearly, all this person reads is The Sun, or some other worthless junk newspaper.

You have neglected to include all the public engagements these fine people attend in the year.

I can't quite remember who it was further back on this thread who said "The royals have more appointments in their diaries than there are days in the yaer."

If that's selfish, or as you put it 'tight ass' then I fear you are a very misguided or disillusioned person indeed.

[hr]

We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.

Whats the matter with the sun. cant beat a bit of page three
motorhead

Re:

they are a bunch of tight ass cowards that do nothing for man nor state. They have never experienced hardship or done anything worthwhile with thier status but cause public scandals.

Clearly, all this person reads is The Sun, or some other worthless junk newspaper.

You have neglected to include all the public engagements these fine people attend in the year.

I can't quite remember who it was further back on this thread who said "The royals have more appointments in their diaries than there are days in the yaer."

If that's selfish, or as you put it 'tight ass' then I fear you are a very misguided or disillusioned person indeed.

[hr]

We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.

motorhead

Re:

[hr]

motorhead

Re:

[hr]

motorhead

Re:

[hr]

motorhead

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:38 pm

motorhead, has your browser gone funny? That is large number of posts!!
thebrookster

Re:

Postby motorhead on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:49 pm

yes i think its a bit messed up
motorhead

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Then kindly delete all but one of these.

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:01 am

I don't live in the UK, and whenver I meet someone who does, whether from London or Edinburgh, the first thing I ask is "Have you ever met any of the royals?" And what do they always reply? "EVERYONE asks me that question..." So whether you like it or not, they are a huge part of your identity. And whether they are useful/expensive/ annoying/retarded/lazy/soap opera-ish or not, they apparently seem to be doing their only job as a constitutional monarchy - representing the British population - very well.

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting from 02:14, 17th Apr 2006
I don't live in the UK, and whenver I meet someone who does, whether from London or Edinburgh, the first thing I ask is "Have you ever met any of the royals?"

Not meaning to sound harsh, but you've no idea of the millions of people who would hate you for that.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby svojosoba on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Quoting from 02:14, 17th Apr 2006
I don't live in the UK, and whenver I meet someone who does, whether from London or Edinburgh, the first thing I ask is "Have you ever met any of the royals?"

Dude, who does that? Maybe going to St Andrews has gone a bit to your head? "Have you ever met any of the royals? I HAVE!" Wtf..
svojosoba

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:16 pm

It seems a peculiar thing to ask. 60 million people in the UK, maybe 15-20 bona fide royals, what are the odds?

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:25 pm

Quoting Eliot Wilson from 13:16, 17th Apr 2006
It seems a peculiar thing to ask. 60 million people in the UK, maybe 15-20 bona fide royals, what are the odds?

Likely a lot greater for you and I than the rest of the populace, considering where we studied.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:39 pm

It is surprising just how high the odds are of having met one of them though. A record I strongly suspect few other Heads of State could match.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:50 pm

My dad also met him, said he was very entertaining. I think he's great! PC is getting ridiculous, if only more of us spoke our minds :)

[hr]

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby motorhead on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:40 pm

my old mans a dustman and he wears a dustmans hat. rooopteeedooo. chim chimineychim chiminey chim chim charoo. what does it all mean. i dont know supercalafragilistic expealidocious. a spoon full of sugar my dear, or perhaps a crumpet from the parlour,, thier is plent y more fish in the sea old boy, said the man to th swan before catching the two thirty to elton john house. i know you, yes i know you, eton, the humble chaps. mwaa, nice paps grumble, get your knickers on and make me a cup oif tea you taaaaaart. spanish moi, maybe
motorhead

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:46 pm

motorhead...stop taking the drugs, really.

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Mister Frodo on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:21 am

To rescue this thread back to its original purpose: a little girl once told him it was her birthday. His reply? "So what?" Classic.
Mister Frodo

Re:

Postby maz on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:59 am

When he came to my primary school back in the day we all got commemorative medals and were wearing them on the day. Prince Phil asked one of the boys in my class if the medals were specially for the Royal visit. He then told Craig that he would be able to show it to his grandchildren. Craig replied"But I haven't got any grandchildren"

Philip also once told me that my feet looked like they had mildew whilst prodding at them with his umbrella. It was kind of wet, and the freshly cut grass was looking lovely in amongst my strappy garden party sandals. I'm just glad I'd repainted my toenails.

[hr]

Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
maz

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board