Home

TheSinner.net

Exams

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Exams

Postby spewie on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:47 pm

Does anyone know which modules/subjects will be affected if (when) the exams are postponed?

The e-mail I read from Brian Lang was pretty vague in terms of what might theoretically happen, especially in the case of graduating students.

Will the exams themselves be postponed or just the marking of them?

Does anyone actually have enough information to 'know' what the chances of exam disruption happening actually are?

[hr]

[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
spewie

Re:

Postby ronald villiers on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:57 pm

All I know is that Dr. Kesby in the Geography department has not submitted any exams. Therefore, anyone in his classes is unlikely to have an exam unless the strike is finished before then. I think he is the only one in the Geography department but I don't know anything about any other departments.

[hr]

There's nothing so lonesome, so morbid or drear
Than to stand in a bar, of a pub with no beer
There's nothing so lonesome, so morbid or drear
Than to stand in a bar, of a pub with no beer
ronald villiers

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:25 pm

Quoting spewie from 18:47, 21st Apr 2006
Does anyone know which modules/subjects will be affected if (when) the exams are postponed?

The e-mail I read from Brian Lang was pretty vague in terms of what might theoretically happen, especially in the case of graduating students.

Will the exams themselves be postponed or just the marking of them?

Does anyone actually have enough information to 'know' what the chances of exam disruption happening actually are?

[hr]

I said this on another thread and I don't know if ti was discussed at the meeting earlier (sorry I couldn't go) but I'll say it again.

Surely someone somewhere could contact all Schools and ask them who is striking, which modules are affected and to what extent. This could then all be compiled to produce a central list which is accessible to all students and clarifies the extent of the situation here a bit better?!

As a 4th year everything seems so worryingly vague at the mo!
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Quoting harmless loony from 19:25, 21st Apr 2006

Surely someone somewhere could contact all Schools and ask them who is striking, which modules are affected and to what extent. This could then all be compiled to produce a central list which is accessible to all students and clarifies the extent of the situation here a bit better?!

As a 4th year everything seems so worryingly vague at the mo!

One thing that did come up at the meeting (I will write up the minutes ASAP) was that there are some lecturers striking who have not made it known to the university, so a central list *does* exist, it just isn't complete.
Adam Fellows

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:25 pm

Ok cheers for that Adam - sorry I wasn't at the meeting - had to go to a memorial service but thanks for filling me in! :) I look forward to reading the minutes!
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Adam Fellows on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:49 pm

As an aside, I would just like to thank the people who came today, class reps or no. It gave us at the Students' Association a valuable anecdotal resource so we can ensure that we are on the same wavelength as the rest of the students.

The minutes will be done tomorrow and posted on the union website and I will put up the link when it is done.
Adam Fellows

Return to The Sinner's Main Board