Home

TheSinner.net

Ginger = fantastic!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby rae on Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:40 am

This whole ginger = bad thing has got to be unique to the UK. Where I come from red hair is THE colour of choice. Is that just western Canada or can anyone else back me up on this?
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

All hair ginger hair.

Postby living god on Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:47 am

Ginger hair is the glorious hair colour - it is the colour of marmalade and sunshine. Any hair colour that matches those two must be supreme.

As one newspaper recently pointed out - The Ancient Egyptians regarded ginger haired people as the living incarnations of sun gods - how cool is that.

(The fact that they also buried alive these incarnations in order to please the gods and prolong summer is irrelevant.)

All hail Ginger Hair.
living god

Re:

Postby LJ on Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:11 am

Does that apply to strawberry blondes too?
LJ

ginger rocks

Postby Breeze on Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:10 pm

I'm married to a ginger lady (she is a bona-fide ginge). I myself come from Wales where half my extended family are flame haired. My beard is ginger and so are some of my curly bits although my hair is very dark. I think poeple are just plain jealous. You only have to look at all the ladies on the European continent to realise that they all want to have red hair. It's by far the most popular colour. Besides, if it is true that 50% of the UK population carry the ginger gene then and that it is a recessive gene, tthis means that millions of ginger dislikers are actually ginger underneath! the shock and horror of it! I had a friend who used to dye his beard black through fear of ridicule. All this stuff is a remnant of the playground where kids who are different get stick. It is unfortunate that some 'adults' still think it's cool to mock the flame haired ones .... here's to a 75% chance of having ginger snap kids!
Breeze

ginger=fantastic

Postby gina on Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:10 am

u plp think you know everything about ginger hairted plp. But have u tried being one .No u haven't i have seeing as i was born with ginger hair.how can i explain plp in britain are horriable towards us red headed plp and your tellin me u actually like us . ginger hair is the longest knowen hair colour in history seeing as most celts had ginger hair and the rest. and actually it is more than 2% of the world have ginger hair as australian(some) plp have ginger hair /and blond hair and the rest of the world.
you think your all so smart well trying putting up with having taunts for the past 6 years because your hair colour is different.i suppose i can say that sometimes i get jealous and wish 2 be like the rest of the world but then i think that i want 2 be different and not have boring brown /black /blond hair
gina

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:26 am

[s]Unregisted User gina wrote on 21:05, 20th Feb 2003:
Ginger hair is the longest knowen hair colour in history seeing as most celts had ginger hair and the rest.

!? Because of course everyone knows that mankind all descended from the Celts(?) The civilisations in Europe and Africa and the East are cleary just some hokey, evolutionist's theory. Or are you claiming they where all red haired Celts as well?
[hr][s]My weakness is none of your business[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:49 pm

[s]Unregisted User gina wrote on 21:05, 20th Feb 2003:
u plp think...

And it was all going so well too. I think the level of teasing depends on where you're from. At my high school no one got teased for having ginger hair and there were more than a handful of red-heads.

However, one guy was teased relentlessly because he was so god damn annoying, the fact he had ginger hair was beside the point. He did get called a ginger tosser, but no other ginger folk did.

Maybe this is what you have experienced, especially if you go around telling other people (or plp if you will) that there hair is boring.

Personally, I find guys with ginger hair very sexy, but that means nothing if they aren't a nice person.
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby fluKe on Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:07 pm

Sheesh.

I have ginger hair, have done all my life. And we do get a hell of a lot of shit for it. It does depend on where you come from, but come from the right place and you can get a lot of stick.

Having said that by the time you get to uni I've found people wait and see what you're like as a person. I've not had any problems since I left school about my hair. We all get the odd shout in the street but if you let them piss you off, they win. I don't care what people say about me. If they have a problem with my hair, it's their problem, not mine. They are the sad ppl not me.

Anyway, why are you slagging off ppl posting in this thread? Most of them were saying they like red hair. Cola Cube has a point if you are a complete twat you might very well be getting slagged of for being a complete twat rather than for being ginger. The fact that they call you a ginger twat is beside the point. It's like when you call somebody a fat bastard. It's not because they are fat - it's because they are a complete wanker.

I rest my case.
fluKe

Re:

Postby Redhead on Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:04 am

Err, ok, as a redhead, I can tell you that....
Red hair is quite a common turn on, especially for men, because it is a recessive gene, and in sexual parteners, it is common to look for someone over whom your genes will dominate.
And...
Its not the oldest recorded hair colour, but it does come predominantly from Neandrathols (spelling) procreating with humans, in prehistoric times.
And...
My daddy always said,
"A man will walk past a blonde, look back at a brunette, and go back for a redhead."
Redhead

Re:

Postby lisa on Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:37 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:06, 21st Dec 2002:
I don't see how anti-ginger discrimination etc is any more PC than jokes about pakistanis or blacks or whoever. For some reason one seems socially acceptable while the other isn't. Neither should be.

cheers u r right i have always thought that there are laws about racism but people can say whatever they like about ginger people. :(
lisa

Some of us love em, some of us don't

Postby Mr T needs work on Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:26 pm

I think it all has to do with the ratio of gingers to other hair colours. In the UK and especially Scotland (where there is an abnormal abundance of gingers) public opinion towards the phenomenon seems rather negative. However, in regions where this freakish hair-colour is extremely rare, such as in the middle east, people seem to go nuts for gingers.
So if anyone is feeling down for being a red-head, just remember that you're probably worth several hundred camels over in the middle east.
Mr T needs work

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:51 pm

Or the far east, even more so.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby RaphX on Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:12 am

IMAGE:www.clanpwg.org/files/other/not_again.jpg

I must say, I got a lot of stick at school for having red hair. Since coming to university, this thread is the only place where it has even come into question (other than my hair length, but that's another matter :P )
[hr]
Let it be a joke
Let it be a smile
Let it be a farce if it makes me laugh for a little while
Let it be a tear
Let it be a sigh
Coming from a heart, speaking to a heart, let it be a cry
RaphX

Re:

Postby Curiosity Killed the Cat on Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:37 am

I've got red hair, (well, more auburn) and while I got teased about it in school it was normally harmless stuff like being called Ginger (although there was a period when I was known as Spuggi from Bike Grove) so I never particularly cared. In fact, I'm quite proud of my hair colour - it's distinctive and better than being blond lke evryone else. In fact, if I was to dye my hair, the only colour I would dye it is a deeper shade of red!
(and I haven't heard many guys complain about the colour of my hair - just express curiosity if ALL my hair was that colour!!!)
Curiosity Killed the Cat

Re:

Postby Al on Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:59 am

So the kids in your school called you Ginger. Just count your lucky stars. If they had been really cruel, they might have called you Geri!

[hr]We are near waking when we dream we are dreaming.
Al

Re:

Postby niall on Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:36 am

ah, the wonderful colour of auburn, my beard goes aburn, even tho i've got brown hair (naturally mind, the current ginger is dye :P)

[hr]its a spoon!

http://www.tastyspoon.com
niall

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:55 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 20:51, 30th Mar 2003:
Or the far east, even more so.

But probably not the East End.

But then who cares about them?
Anon.

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:56 pm

[s]Curiosity Killed the Cat wrote on 10:37, 31st Mar 2003:
(and I haven't heard many guys complain about the colour of my hair - just express curiosity if ALL my hair was that colour!!!)

And is it?
Anon.

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:09 pm

The correct euphemism is "does the carpet match the curtains".
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:16 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 16:09, 31st Mar 2003:
The correct euphemism is "does the carpet match the curtains".

Strange - a euphemism that sounds more vulgar than the thing it's euphemising.
Anon.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board