Home

TheSinner.net

Infuriating Commercials

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Dave on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 am

Talking of "Heartbeats" and balls bouncing down a hill - has anyone seen a very similar advert with the same music for Tango - or did I just dream it? I've only seen it once, and only the end, but I'm fairly sure it's real.

And to stay on topic, all badly dubbed adverts should be removed from my screen. I still won't buy "Bounty" kitchen roll because of the original badly dubbed and CGIed ads.

This week, I am mostly hating that advert with the surfing car and the obnoxious "singing". Cars don't surf. Admittedly, cars aren't transformers either, but that's not the point - I like those citroen adverts, even if I would never buy a citroen. And yes, every Honda advert for years has had me reaching for the remote. As has every advert with Jamie Oliver.
Dave

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:10 pm

I saw that tango advert yesterday. I was utterly spell-bound wondering what the heck was going on. I couldn't cope with the thought of all that lovely fruit being destroyed. Certainly grabbed my attention anyway. And I rather like the surfing car. Couldn't tell you what make it was though, so I suppose the advertising hasn't worked too well in that respect.
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby snoopy on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:49 pm

Carol Vordermann is was Miss Consolidate your loans in a previous life!

The one for kitchen towel that has the guys with beards in drag

Anything for car insurance

Anything with June Whitfield in it, when she goes "if you cancel your plan early you may get back less than you paid in, and nothing at all in the early years! (suckers - no OK she doesn't say that but she may as well) and says it like it's no big F-ing deal!

AND the "Bath Knight" adverts or whatever it's called. Where at the end the owner of the co has several senile (I assume) old people chanting about how wonderful it is to have a bath! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
snoopy

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:05 pm

Quoting nighteyes from 15:25, 18th Jun 2006
The one with the dead kitten that to begin with you think is just sleeping - I HATE that one. Poor kitten!

I remember that one. I had to leave the room when that advert came on, because I used to do volunteer work at the RSPCA and finding dead kittens in the cattery that weren't able to make it, despite now being cared for properly, was truly heartbreaking.

[hr]

veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Sid on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:12 pm

It's been said before, but the Honda one is doing my nut in. At first I didn't mind it, but now? Arghhh....
Sid

Re:

Postby fran on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:30 am

Quoting snoopy from 21:49, 20th Jun 2006
Carol Vordermann is was Miss Consolidate your loans in a previous life!

The one for kitchen towel that has the guys with beards in drag

Anything for car insurance

Anything with June Whitfield in it, when she goes "if you cancel your plan early you may get back less than you paid in, and nothing at all in the early years! (suckers - no OK she doesn't say that but she may as well) and says it like it's no big F-ing deal!

AND the "Bath Knight" adverts or whatever it's called. Where at the end the owner of the co has several senile (I assume) old people chanting about how wonderful it is to have a bath! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Anything for car insurance":

Couldn't agree more. I think the worst of the worst is the "Posh" coffee shop Privilege one...
fran

Re:

Postby Ashley on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:15 pm

Apologies if this has been missed but currently the most ads on telly have to be the ones for both the sponsors of ITV's World Cup coverage.

We have EDF -EDF? Who the f*** are they? "Where do they get their energy from?!"

After a couple of times, okay we got the picture, you've got a crap pun, a few people jumping around, football on the telly blah blah now shut the f*** up.

Second sponsor -Budweiser. Clean, crisp, refreshing. No, I think you'll find it's rat's piss. Stupid annoying ads of people holding up billboards in a 'soccer' stadium.

Final advert though, the actual sponsor ad, those stupid annoying American idiots, smug and irritating, making lame arse cliched jokes, Americans playing 'soccer' -sorry but oh yeah, you call it football. We've heard them all a thousand times before and quite frankly, give them a break, the USA in spite of annoying twats like that actually have a half decent team.

Apologies for the vent, I'm not quite sure where it came from.

[hr]

Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:16 pm

The stadium placards ad gets on my nerves because it's a decent idea that ended up being so overdone it became a bad idea.

The bumper ads with the soccer pundits in the stuido are great though.

Coming out in the green... it's IRELAND!
They don't look very Irish to me... That's Ghana.

Brilliant.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Scully on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:22 pm

I HATE the frosties ad. I turn the sound off. How embarrassed is that lad going to be when he is older and sees the ad again!!
Scully

Re:

Postby Steveo on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:05 pm

What the christ that boy is doing with his hands, and how in any way he could have thought that'd look anything but absolutely stupid is beyond me.

[hr]

Set your goals way too high so I can laugh when you fail.
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby enola48 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:48 am

The House of Fraser advert with the stupid girl pretending to be a rabbit and finding various sale items in her burrow drives me completely insane and I have only seen it twice.

Also the Frosties advert has to be the mopst annoying advert ever created, and I used to like Frosties . . .
enola48

Re:

Postby johness on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:13 pm

'NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!' 'Fed up looking for cheaper car insurance?'

no, I am fed up of watching this fucking advert! And God DAMN the Sheila's Wheels ones. In fact, all car insurance ads, e-sure, diamond etc. why are there so many? And why are they all shit?

[hr]

[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby backbreaker on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:43 pm

I love the dedication shown by Robbie Keane in the Pringles advert - at the end of the ad he does an overhead kick on concrete!
backbreaker

Re:

Postby orudge on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:18 am

I'm in the US right now, and I have to just say, the sheer number and frequency of commercials annoys me. My friend and I were part of the audience on a show the other other day, and when we came to watch the show that evening, it seemed every 4 minutes it cut for more commercials! And I thought ITV was bad...

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board