Home

TheSinner.net

International Security Essays

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

International Security Essays

Postby just_looking on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:35 pm

Was just wondering how many more people got their security essays back and were very shocked. I know about 6 people who are planning to appeal. if everyone who thinks they have been marked harshly appeals we will have a good chance of getting re-marked and grades put up. How did everyone get on.
just_looking

Re:

Postby joug on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:24 pm

I got a 15 but put an awful lot of effort into it, and I usually get higher grades. I know many people were very disappointed with their marks, I know one person got an 8 which seems a bit ridiculous...

It is a bit shit that one tutor seems to be giving a lower average grade than all the other IR lecturers. For some people it is the difference between grade boundaries.

Have people complained to the class reps yet? That might help. Although I know many people complained about the case studies in conflict management module last year and I dont think anything came of it apart from "our feedback was gratefully received"!

Also a pity we handed in the evaluation forms before we had our essays back, I got next to no feedback when my essay was returned which is a bit rubbish!
joug

Re:

Postby Gurl on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I nearly had a breakdown when I saw my grade; it was that low!
Gurl

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 pm

If I get a grade above a 5 for ANY piece of work I thank Thor for it!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool

http://www.myspace.com/domlovestoshred
[img]http://myspace-260.vo.llnwd.net/00669/06/21/669321260_m.gif[/img]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Failure on Mon May 01, 2006 10:57 am

Yeah, I was a bit shocked about my essay, but I'm going to see him on Wednesday to discuss it and what I can do to prepare for the exam. To be fair it was a shockingly bad essay, but I've never gone into single figures before.
Failure

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue May 02, 2006 2:40 pm

I did horribly and am looking to appeal. In the e-mail he sent around, he said it was an average number of firsts, but I think he gave out a lot less 2.1s than tend to be. I don't think I got below a 14.5 since first year when I didn't care, and giving 20% of the class below an 11 is pretty high. I also don't know about that e-mail he sent out...I hadn't heard that rumour at all and had talked to quite a few students about their marks.

Return to The Sinner's Main Board