Home

TheSinner.net

Britain's oldest mother

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Britain's oldest mother

Postby angel_kohaku on Thu May 04, 2006 10:14 pm

http://www.msn.co.uk/health/oldestmother/

I don't care how loved the child is going to be, how wrong the critics are or how beautiful a thing a baby is, it's most blatantly unnatural.

[hr]

I wanna be an anarchist, get pissed, destroy
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Thu May 04, 2006 10:24 pm

When the child is of school age the other children will mock the child, and the parents of the other children will look down on the mother.
-Curtis, Essex

No they won't. I never mocked the other kids for livign with grandparents, elderly aunts, or having older parents.

Women go through the menopause for a reason - it's nature's way of telling us that it's time to stop having children... What 63-year-old wants sleepless nights? She'll be looking after a toddler when she should be retiring. This is wrong and should not be allowed.
- Maureen, Scotland

This woman hasn't gone through menopause! Nature has told her that she can still have children, so Maureen's nature argument is moot. This 63 year old wants sleepless nights, fact. Do you know how many grandmothers, nannies, foster carers or whatever look after children well past retirement age? As for it not being allowed, if it is someting she wants to do and is capable of doing, who is the state to say who is allowed to have children?!

[hr]

I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Thu May 04, 2006 10:28 pm

Quoting Bonnie from 23:24, 4th May 2006
This woman hasn't gone through menopause! Nature has told her that she can still have children

Correction, IVF has told her she can still have children

[hr]

I wanna be an anarchist, get pissed, destroy
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, with respect to IVF, are the risks of the kid being born trisonomic still as high as they usually are for women that old?

[hr]

"Listen to DrAlex."-Polli
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby maz on Thu May 04, 2006 10:52 pm

I don't know, but I'm presuming she also had HRT to prevent the menopause. There's something slightly wrong about it all. Can you imagine an 80 year old having fights with a petulant 17 year old about staying out all night. That's if she lives that long. It's crazy. I don't think there is much need for it, she has already had 2 kids, who are old enough to be providing her with grandchildren if she really has a need to spoil a child or something. I'm not sure childbirth is something that slightly rickety old bones/muscles will deal with well either. Although I presume she'll be having a caesarian.

[hr]

Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
maz

Re:

Postby the Empress on Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 pm

Why couldn't she just adopt an older child? Or would adoption laws be too stringent? Unless she craves the first few years of babyhood, I would have thought adoption a better way forward . .
the Empress

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri May 05, 2006 12:12 am

My mum's only 54. Please dopn't giver her ideas!

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby the reason for the word w on Fri May 05, 2006 12:25 am

When I was in kindergarten there was this child that was always picked up by a woman. One day I said to my Mum very loudly: Look, that girl is always being picked up by her gran! It was indeed her mother... so the child and mother have ignorant, loud-mouthed children like I myself once was one to look forward to :)

[hr]

Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
the reason for the word w

Re:

Postby novium on Fri May 05, 2006 12:51 am

I don't think it is fair to the child. When they're 20, their mom will be 83. eighty-three.

Additionally, why the extraordinary measures when there are kids that need homes?

[hr]

sed tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri May 05, 2006 12:57 am

Is it any more unfair than a child born to a drugaddict welfare queen mother who will be dead by the time the child is 20 too?

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby novium on Fri May 05, 2006 5:01 am

it just seems selfish in an odd way to me.

[hr]

sed tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Smith on Fri May 05, 2006 5:06 am

doesn't interest me in the slightest, I'm sure when the mother dies the (MUCH) older siblings will gladly take their new brother or sister in.

[hr]

Cake, and fine wine.
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby Steveo on Fri May 05, 2006 11:15 am

Quoting flarewearer from 01:57, 5th May 2006
Is it any more unfair than a child born to a drugaddict welfare queen mother who will be dead by the time the child is 20 too?

No, it's not, but the drug addict wouldn't get IVF treatment.

The fact is, she's too old.

[hr]

Set your goals way too high so I can laugh when you fail.
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Princess Mary on Fri May 05, 2006 12:24 pm

I posted a comment, don't know if it'll show on the site, though.

It doesn't bother me how old this lady is, if she can take care of that baby, good luck to her.
Princess Mary

Re:

Postby Preacher's Kid on Fri May 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Quoting novium from 01:51, 5th May 2006
I don't think it is fair to the child. When they're 20, their mom will be 83. eighty-three.

I was born in 1986 when my father was 58-- he'll therefore be nearly 78 when I turn 20 this year. Our relationship is fantastic and, as he often says, having younger children at such an age has kept him very vital and active. He still works. He still does everything (and more) much less healthy fathers do in our neighborhood.

We may have good genes I suppose, but the kids (I have a slightly older sister) never hurt. The love is there, and that is what's important-- in fact, he's outlived the parents of a number of my peers.

Good on you, mother!
All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
Preacher's Kid

Re:

Postby Al on Fri May 05, 2006 4:46 pm

What I find quite interesting is that she keeps referring to "the child". She doesn't seem to refer to it as her child.
Al

Re:

Postby Rufus on Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 pm

Quoting Preacher's Kid from 17:11, 5th May 2006
The love is there, and that is what's important
Good on you, mother!

Amen, brother.
Rufus

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Fri May 05, 2006 7:30 pm

Hum, well we keep being told that the world is overpopulated anyway, so what difference will one more make!
thebrookster

Return to The Sinner's Main Board