Home

TheSinner.net

SKeleton KeY

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Roulette on Sat May 13, 2006 9:29 pm

Quoting Mohawk from 17:56, 13th May 2006
you can scrape together "rock clothing" from various places, even the more obscure shops, like Ann Summers

Yeah - it doesn't really matter where you get it, just how you wear it.

I have a leather jacket I got from a random stall Luchaers Air Show, as well! Just to be uber-obscure ;) And random jewelry and accessories I've got from random corner stores and theme parks - you'd be amazed where you can get some stuff from o.o

Quoting Aureliano from 18:18, 13th May 2006
Quoting Mohawk from 17:56, 13th May 2006
Quoting Roulette from 17:50, 13th May 2006

(Why does he keep calling Mohawk "Mohican"?)

no idea,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_hairstyle

I am well aware. He's just Mohawk, not Mohican...

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
Roulette

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sat May 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Quoting Roulette from 22:29, 13th May 2006
Yeah - it doesn't really matter where you get it, just how you wear it.

Are there different ways to wear clothes? I mean call me old fashioned, but for me it's trousers on legs, t-shirt on torso, jumper on shirt and shoes on feet. I'd be interested to hear some suggestions to spice up my fashion life with some alternative and deviant new ways to wear my same old clothes.

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby Big X on Sat May 13, 2006 10:54 pm

ok guys, we seem to be getting a little off course here.....back to the shop. i'm pretty excited about it, i really hope mark and luke can get it sorted

[hr]

"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby Big X on Sat May 13, 2006 10:57 pm

this is EXACTLY the kind of KIT i hope the sKElEtoN KeY boys get in...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Shocker-Funny ... dZViewItem

[hr]

Big X

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sun May 14, 2006 10:05 am

Is it just me, or do other people also not understand this fixation with belt buckles...

[hr]

i know you want the sin but not the sinner...

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

liliputian

Re:

Postby Dirac on Sun May 14, 2006 10:25 am

Quoting liliputian from 11:05, 14th May 2006
Is it just me, or do other people also not understand this fixation with belt buckles...

[hr]

What fixation? Sure belt buckles maybe a niche market, but most people will wear a belt at some time in their lives, and unless its just a bit of rope (which only a poor person would wear) it will need a buckle.
Dirac

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sun May 14, 2006 10:28 am

don't most belts come with a buckle? otherwise it would just be a thin strip of leather...

[hr]

liliputian

Re:

Postby Dirac on Sun May 14, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting liliputian from 11:28, 14th May 2006
don't most belts come with a buckle? otherwise it would just be a thin strip of leather...

[hr]

Some do, but why settle for the shit one you get with it when you could get a better one, that will make you look better? Its like sticking with your first hair style when you were a kid. Most kids have shit hairstyles, and when they get bullied or whatever, they realise they should change it, maybe to an undercut, maybe to a french crop, maybe to a number 2 back and sides, maybe just scissored all over. You get the idea. Why stick with something shit when you can get the best stuff around? It makes no sense to me, but i guess some people will just settle for that...
Dirac

2 in the goo, 1 in the....

Postby @-----{-----mSk-----}-----@ on Sun May 14, 2006 11:07 am

Quoting Big X from 23:57, 13th May 2006
this is EXACTLY the kind of KIT i hope the sKElEtoN KeY boys get in...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Shocker-Funny ... dZViewItem

[hr]

This made me laugh! I haven't seen anything like that since i was in my late teens/early twenties (some years ago). On a positive note i'm sure we can stock that kind of buckle although the design may vary due to our designers etc. I think that buckle has been quite well designed but lacks in the quality of materials its been made out of. I will repeat, we will strive to use onlt the best quality materials for our buckles, and anything else we stock.

MArkSKeletONkey
@-----{-----mSk-----}-----@

Re:

Postby AdamSK 0-----# on Sun May 14, 2006 11:08 am

Quoting uptown from 18:07, 13th May 2006
i think this shop could happen- i mean why not? it might not last very long but i think we should give it time and see if it does open, and if it is any good. i like the sound of the goods they might be selling- it will make a change.

Thanx 4 the support utown. This is the attitude i like. At the end of the day, a shop is only as good as the customers. But Mark, Luke, Del and i really think we have enough good products to really get some interest going.

Adam
AdamSK 0-----#

Re:

Postby Mod on Sun May 14, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting AdamSK 0-----# from 11:32, 14th May 2006
Thanx 4 the support utown. This is the attitude i like. At the end of the day, a shop is only as good as the customers.

No, a shop is as good as the items it sells, the staff it hires, and the atmosphere and general vibe the shop gives away. If the shop sells crap, hires goons and smells a bit like wee, then you most certainly can not blame the customers for not wanting to go in.
Mod

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sun May 14, 2006 11:56 am

Quoting dirac from 11:45, 14th May 2006

Some do, but why settle for the shit one you get with it when you could get a better one, that will make you look better?

No, instead of looking like a tool, you just look like a tool with a shitey fashion belt-buckle on.

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun May 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Some do, but why settle for the shit one you get with it when you could get a better one, that will make you look better? Its like sticking with your first hair style when you were a kid. Most kids have shit hairstyles, and when they get bullied or whatever, they realise they should change it, maybe to an undercut, maybe to a french crop, maybe to a number 2 back and sides, maybe just scissored all over. You get the idea. Why stick with something shit when you can get the best stuff around? It makes no sense to me, but i guess some people will just settle for that...

So... Are you proposing beating up students with ordinary belt-buckles until they give in and get a customised one (possibly made of platinum)? As a marketing campaign, that's certainly innovative...

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun May 14, 2006 8:01 pm

materialistic society...

love it!

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Sid on Sun May 14, 2006 11:45 pm

I don't really like belt buckles, and to be honest although belts are a top accessory at the moment I never really see that many people wear big belt buckles. I still think this is a big wind up.
Sid

Re:

Postby Lord Xenu on Mon May 15, 2006 12:13 am

LORD XENU CLAIMS THIS THREAD!

Lord Xenu

Re:

Postby MSk---------==- on Mon May 15, 2006 12:22 am

Quoting David Bean from 18:49, 14th May 2006

So... Are you proposing beating up students with ordinary belt-buckles until they give in and get a customised one (possibly made of platinum)? As a marketing campaign, that's certainly innovative...

[hr]

Certainly not Beany, simply tellin it how it is. I take it you don't have many good buckles then? I just don'y understand what people have against the use of excellent quality materials being used, such as platinum.

MSK
MSk---------==-

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:43 am

Quoting +++MarkSK+++ from 17:39, 10th May 2006
Hi guys,

it's really great to see so much interest being taken in my shop. I had no idea this was such an active forum. These last few weeks have been very busy, and setting up a website has not been on top of the priority list. However, for the past few years i have been based in the north of england running two companies concurrenlty. 1 is called Kathmandu UK, and the other, which is predominanlty an internet store called silveinclothing.

if you want to have a look at the kind of kit i'll be selling then please don't hesisate to visit the webistes of these sister companies-silveinclothing.co.uk is probably the best one to look at.

The suplliers will be the same in the main, once i'm fully settled on what to fill out the shop with.
I'm dealing with a lot of needless redtape right now, but hope to be up and running by mid June- when does term finish at St Andrews University?

By my reckoning its 7 days till mid-June...where's the shop?

[hr]

Paranoid

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am

i haven't been in st andrews since the end of may. did this shop ever open, or even look like it really would, or was it just a weird wind up?

liliputian

Re:

Postby lauraelizabeth on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:29 am

bump

Quoting liliputian from 06:49, 1st Jul 2006
i haven't been in st andrews since the end of may. did this shop ever open, or even look like it really would, or was it just a weird wind up?
lauraelizabeth

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board