Home

TheSinner.net

Tony's Joke Has Gone Too Far

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Tony's Joke Has Gone Too Far

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:10 am

Sure it might have been funny when he said Britain would "stand side by side with America" but really that joke has gone too far - since when did it become our job to help America fight it's battles?

Just how much money are we going to waste - and right after Gordon Brown is set to borrow billions anyway. It's not even as though we're needed - and I'm sure that others better suited to such things could argue the moral dimension.

But, quite frankly going to war with Iraq - if it happens and I certainly don't buy the whole "we're looking for a diplomatic solution" angle - should be grounds to impeach "president" Blair. If only we had a constitution that would allow it.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:54 pm

If only we could have 25 years of isolation to sort our house out. Heavens know, we need it befor we even dare to meddle with anothers. Sometimes I wonder who are we to accuse anther when we have so much wron. Then again, there's a Biblical quote about motes and beams.

[hr]The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:43 pm

Yeah, it would seem Tony is playing the classic war card to get us to forget Britain is on the fast track to third world status.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby teamonkey on Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:18 am

Personally, I'm all for leaving the country. I want to live in Sweden. Why? Well, you can buy a small flat here for £250,000. In Sweden you can buy a whole island complete with mansion for £250,000 (true - I saw it on daytime TV). Also, they have saunas, and if I'm going to have kids I want them educated there. Just look at this, and whimper at how bad the UK does:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geosurvey/
teamonkey

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:00 am

I blame party politics, from all the exerts the news showed of the Archbishop of Cantebury's lecture it seems he pretty much hit the nail on the head - the government is reactionary and based on focus groups and public opinion.

That goes at least a part of the way toward explaining why our country is so crap, oh yeah and Neds. We should have a pogrom against Neds.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:42 am

Teamonkey, can I advise you against educating your kids in saunas.

Experience and extensive testing has proven that higher room temperatures affect the concentration spans of those trying to learn.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:22 pm

What about the steam?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:06 am

Sweden gets all our acid rain though.
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby cheimon on Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:43 am

this is pathetic! i mean, i know the average american is pretty ignorant, but only 89% able to place the US on a map?? good lord! this makes me even more glad I went a school that made me take geography. Some of these results are quite amusing-- apparently more French people know where Italy is than Italians. hmm. And although Sweden is definitely taking the cake in geographical knowledge, nobody else seems to know where the hell it is, he he. Worst of all, despite bombing it profusely, Americans still don't know where Afghanistan is. This has done so much to increase my confidence in my country. . .
cheimon

Return to The Sinner's Main Board