Home

TheSinner.net

When I was 11

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

When I was 11

Postby flarewearer on Fri May 12, 2006 1:53 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi ... 764417.stm

i didn't even know what sex was and thought that playing with girls was "well gay". Was I missing something?

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri May 12, 2006 2:01 pm

When I was 11, my mum knew where I was at all times so the potential for having a drunken night out with friends which resulted in unprotected sex was zero.

Smoking 20 a day whilst 11 is bad enough but whilst pregnant too? The poor sprog doesn't stand a chance.

[hr]

All in all, I'd say I prefer electrons to people.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 12, 2006 2:03 pm

I don't understand why social services haven't stepped in, not only to repremand the girls mother, but also to speak to the daughter, as she is surely not able to look after the child, let along with her fags and "tonic wine"...

[hr]

I'm a little pea... I love the sky and the trees.
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby McK on Fri May 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Quoting pea from 15:03, 12th May 2006
I don't understand why social services haven't stepped in, not only to repremand the girls mother, but also to speak to the daughter, as she is surely not able to look after the child, let along with her fags and "tonic wine"...

[hr]

I'm a little pea... I love the sky and the trees.

I'm not sure but I think under Artcle 8 of ECHR (right to private and family life) she is entitled to keep the child herself, subject to review by social services if they are concerned. Theoretically, unless she's abusing the child (pre- or post-birth) it would be difficult to take it from her. [Also I wouldn't trust Social Services not to mess the whole thing up in their usual heavy-handed manner.]
McK

Re:

Postby Icarus on Fri May 12, 2006 2:18 pm

"A Catholic Church spokesman criticised 'an increasingly promiscuous culture'."

Being an atheist it's not offen that I find myself agreeing with the Catholic Church, but...
Icarus

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Fri May 12, 2006 2:29 pm

Is it really possible to charge the boy with rape when he is under-aged as well? Surely, technically, he was "raped" too. Would he still be done for it if the age gap was smaller? Would she be being done for rape if the ages were the other way around?
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 12, 2006 2:30 pm

It sounds like it would be more child molestation than rape, but again, because of both their ages it is difficult.

And one could argue that she is abusing the child prebirth by a) being 11 years old, b) smoking 20 cigarettes a day and c) drinking tonic wine...

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby maz on Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 pm

I think the legal age of consent for boys in Scotland is 14, but 16 for girls so if a 14 year old girl slept with a 14 year old boy it would still count as statutary rape. I'm not sure though. I think its kind of sick that the grandmother/mother is proud of her little girl.I'm not sure being a grandmother at 34 is something to be proud of. What a contrast with the 63 year old a week or so ago.

[hr]

Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
Well, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor :P

Go see my friend on his band's UK tour. 24 March - 7 April
http://www.thehint.com
maz

Re:

Postby bdw on Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting Happy-Go-Lucky from 15:29, 12th May 2006
Is it really possible to charge the boy with rape when he is under-aged as well? Surely, technically, he was "raped" too. Would he still be done for it if the age gap was smaller? Would she be being done for rape if the ages were the other way around?

well I defer to McK on the Scottish law aspect of this but down south the boy could have been convicted of statutory rape under s.13 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (child sex offences committed by children or young persons) which carries a maximum penalty of 5 years imprisonment. In fact there was a Times Law Report on the conviction of a 15 year old earlier this week for such an offence.

Under the above legislation, if the age gap had been smaller, the position is unchanged provided that the girl was under 13. If the girl is over 13, there is a statutory defence (reasonable belief that she was 16+) and arguably less likelihood of the CPS bringing the prosecution in the first place.

If the ages were reversed the same offence would have been committed by the girl.

Edited for completeness.
bdw

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Fri May 12, 2006 2:39 pm

i guess it depends on whether or not a child can molest a child or not. i think charging the boy with rape is going a bit far though. if only the bbc gave more information about this though then it would be possible to make an informed decision on it.

if the age gap was the other way round, chances are the boy would still be the one prosecuted because that's the way things work in this country. if it's to do with sex, the male is to blame most of the time (at least thats how it seems).

i think the worst thing she is doing to the child is drinking tonic wine though. apart from the fact it's disgusting, it's full of stuff that's bad for you (look at the front label of a bottle of buckfast).

i didnt even know it was possible for an 11 year old girl to get pregnant anyway. oh well, i guess the times are changing.

[hr]

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying." - Woody Allen
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 pm

Yeah I wish the BBC said more too, like where in West Lothian she's from - seeing as that is where I come from!

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby KT on Fri May 12, 2006 2:51 pm

I felt I should add the delightful news in the Dundee local press yesterday/today - a case is in progress against a nine year old boy. The charge is rape. His victim was three years old. According to the local news report i saw last night his father is a convicted sex offender.

I can genuinely say this left me speechless.
KT

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Quoting KT from 15:51, 12th May 2006
I felt I should add the delightful news in the Dundee local press yesterday/today - a case is in progress against a nine year old boy. The charge is rape. His victim was three years old. According to the local news report i saw last night his father is a convicted sex offender.

=O

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby theflirt on Fri May 12, 2006 3:02 pm

Quoting KT from 15:51, 12th May 2006

O.M.G!

The thing with the 11yr old girl and the 15yr old boy is seriously scary, and her parents must be ao angry at themselves. When I was 11 my parents always knew where I was, I knew when I had to be home etc and would be in serious trouble if I were late in.
I don't understand how the boy can be charged with rape when the girl admits it was a one night stand....she gave her consent - it isn't rape! but if they are going to call it rape, then the girl is also guilty surely?! I don't understand how they can only charge the boy when it is underage sex and not the girl as well!

All so damn scary!!

[hr]

Oh pants!
oh pants
theflirt

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 12, 2006 3:04 pm

It doesn't sound like the parents are angry, they probably don't think they've done anything wrong. I mean the mother of the girl says shes proud of her for keeping the baby!

[hr]

pea

Re:

Postby bramble on Fri May 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Both the stories make me sad rather than particularly shocked. While they are no doubt a reflection to some extent on the way that society is today, the parents are the ones largely at fault. I wasnt even allowed to go shopping alone with friends until i was 13 and my curfew was 10pm until i was 16, i might not have liked it at the time but i think that it was perfectly reasonable and parents should do more to protect their children and prevent them from misdemeanours not suited to someone of such a young age.
The reason they make me sad is that these children dont realise what they are losing, a happy and healthy childhood is one of the best things about life and they've totally lost this at too young an age.

[hr]

Ich will die Ruhe stören...
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby tickly leg on Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 pm

I'd have to agree with Bramble. I may not have liked it at the time and spent a lot of my teenage years begging to be allowed to do the things which I thought I was old enough to, but I appreciate their attitude now and feel I'd want to do the same for any kids I may have.

Not wanting to sound like the stereotype - but some of the things kids get up to these days!

[hr]

get to know tickly leg INTIMATELY...see our profile
tickly leg

Re:

Postby JM on Fri May 12, 2006 4:03 pm

im pretty sure it (the preggers girl) is in edinburgh,

thats unreal, wheni was in high school a girl was up the duff in 3rd year (about 14ish) and we thought that was bad.

anyone reckon if she will be able to handle a) the birth n b) raising a child?

added: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 08,00.html

her Mother is "proud"....urgh, :(

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Fri May 12, 2006 4:11 pm

im still surprised she's physically able to become pregnant. [img]littleicons/shock.gif[/img] any idea if she's actually able to give birth naturally though? i didnt think girls/women were able to give birth properly until they had developed enough and surely she can't have done by 11.

i'm sceptical that she'll actually raise the child herself. i can see the kids (the pregnant one) mother looking after it for her and it being more of a little sister after the 'novelty' of having a baby has worn off.

[hr]

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying." - Woody Allen
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby iamme on Fri May 12, 2006 4:13 pm

when i was in first year a girl in my year was pregnant to an 11year old boy (apparently. it was never confirmed), she was 13. she was also not one of the loud outgoing popular kids but the overweight loner who had little friends. A BIG shock! a shame though because they were obviously not developed enough and the kid has a lot of problems now.
iamme

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board