Home

TheSinner.net

Leg Over?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Leg Over?

Postby Jos Dad on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:35 am

NOW we know why Micheal Douglas is getting an honorary degree!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_ob ... _page.html

It probably explains why the University cannot be rude about the Welsh
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Colin on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Quoting Jo's Dad from 11:35, 21st Jun 2006

It probably explains why the University cannot be rude about the Welsh

There is never any good reason not to be rude about the Welsh.
Colin

Re:

Postby Sid on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:26 pm

I bet Dr Lang tried it on, he's tried it on with a few women. If Micky Douglas is out of touch Lang, might have had a bit of luck, afterall she does go for the older gent.

Oh, and I for one am gutted that I didn't get to graduate with Michael Douglas, graduating with him would have made my degree not a complete waste of time and money. I'm stuck with Patsy from ab-fab.
Sid

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Quoting Sid from 15:26, 21st Jun 2006
I'm stuck with Patsy from ab-fab.

Bite your tongue! I wish I was graduating or just at the ceremony with Joanna Lumley. I have to wait a year before all this though.

[hr]

veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Rufus on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:57 pm

I bet Dr Lang tried it on, he's tried it on with a few women. If Micky Douglas is out of touch Lang, might have had a bit of luck, afterall she does go for the older gent.

Oh, and I for one am gutted that I didn't get to graduate with Michael Douglas, graduating with him would have made my degree not a complete waste of time and money. I'm stuck with Patsy from ab-fab.

What?! Joanna Lumley is far better to graduate with than Michael 'Turkey Neck' Douglas!
Rufus

Re:

Postby Sid on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:24 pm

I'd rather do Michael Douglas than Patsy. My graduation ceremony would have gone far quicker if Michael Douglas was there, it would have given me something to fantasise about. Don't get me wrong Joanna Lumley is pretty cool, but Michael Douglas, oh Michael...
Sid

Re:

Postby Rufus on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:26 pm

I presume you have a special pair of spectacles that render Mr Douglas at least two decades younger?
Rufus

Re:

Postby Jos Dad on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:48 am

Quoting Rufus from 19:26, 21st Jun 2006
I presume you have a special pair of spectacles that render Mr Douglas at least two decades younger?

DR. Douglas, please.
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 am

At least it's someone you've heard of...when I graduated for the first time I'd never heard of the people getting honorary degrees, and they were so memorable I couldn't tell you who they were several years on. Second time was marginally better with Alex Ferguson, but not someone I would have chosen!

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:20 am

Apparently Lang engineered the dinner so he was right next to Catherine Zeta Jones. It's nice to see someone who's done so much for St Andrews getting the recognition they deserve.

I'm graduating with a Regius Professor of Physic from Oxford (who gets an honourary MD), rather than any jumped-up celeb.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby enola48 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:31 am

I hear that it was Lee Kane that Catherine hooked up with. Following everyone having a cheeky fag outside they were on first name terms and apparently SHE talked about HIM all through dinner.
enola48

Re:

Postby eagle on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:34 am

I heard that he tried to set fire to her hair
eagle

Re:

Postby Kristin on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Quoting Sid from 19:24, 21st Jun 2006
I'd rather do Michael Douglas than Patsy. My graduation ceremony would have gone far quicker if Michael Douglas was there, it would have given me something to fantasise about. Don't get me wrong Joanna Lumley is pretty cool, but Michael Douglas, oh Michael...

Seconded! Did you see today's pics in the Courier? Nice, very nice...

[hr]

Rochester. Royalist rakehell and rebellious romantic restoration poet. An easy earl and a cavalier chum of Charlie's (II). Wine and women, mirth and laughter - sermons and soda water? The day after? Not for the narcissistic nobleman!
Rochester. Royalist rakehell and rebellious romantic restoration poet. An easy earl and a cavalier chum of Charlie's (II). Wine and women, mirth and laughter - sermons and soda water? The day after? Not for the narcissistic nobleman!
Kristin

Re:

Postby Gill on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:36 pm

what did they do to get degrees?
Gill

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:00 pm

Quoting Gill from 14:36, 22nd Jun 2006

They had to sit examinations in Younger Hall...

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby Gill on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:15 pm

Seriously though...what did the celebs do to get the degrees, i doubt they sat any exams. just look pretty? i know some have done good charity work and that sort of stuff, but what reason does the uni give?

Quoting papercutheart from 15:00, 22nd Jun 2006
Quoting Gill from 14:36, 22nd Jun 2006

They had to sit examinations in Younger Hall...

[hr]

Gill

Re:

Postby LK Today on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Yes, Catherine and I did become bestest friends over dinner. She even asked my advice on what to wear at graduation. And wore what I said. She is a lovely lady, who is very down to earth. For example, when Mrs Lang was taking her off to a VIP smoking area she refused and asked if she could join us, the students, having a fag in the corner of the quad. She is lovely. And, no, I didn't set her hair on fire, though I almost did. She saw the funny side, luckily.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102636
LK Today

Re:

Postby bramble on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:28 pm

Im so glad i graduated with Joanna Lumley, i managed to meet her randomly in the toilets after the ceremony and she started a conversation with me and my friend - a nice lady and a total legend, she even congratulated us on our own degrees and took a real interest in us. Im her new number one fan ;)

[hr]

Ich will die Ruhe stören...
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Sid on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:07 am

This I believe. I worked at a dinner one year and he turned up during the day when we were getting the place ready and minced around the top table for about hour changing the place names that his secretary had spent an hour arranging. So I wouldn't be suprised if the seating arrangements were his own, bet he was foaming at the mouth the whole evening.

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 11:20, 22nd Jun 2006
Apparently Lang engineered the dinner so he was right next to Catherine Zeta Jones. It's nice to see someone who's done so much for St Andrews getting the recognition they deserve.

I'm graduating with a Regius Professor of Physic from Oxford (who gets an honourary MD), rather than any jumped-up celeb.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Sid

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:24 pm

I have to say I preferred Joanna Lumley over Michael Douglas.

I was so peed off after my grad ceremony when they locked us out of the quad so Brian Lang and the rest of the uni court and sabbs could have pics taken with bloody Michael Douglas. The graduates of the day should have been allowed entrance to the quad over university court members and sabbaticals - it was the graduates' day and not anyone elses!

Jonna Lumley had the courtesy to meet with the people who mattered - ie: the graduates of the day - unlike Douglas who basically did a runner when the quad was re opened. She (Lumley) stood around the quad chatting to everyone - even telling Lorraine Frasier that she'd rather stay out in the quad to meet graduates than be whisked off somewhere else.

Catherine Zeta Jones may have been nice to one sabbatical - but she distinctly stunk in her unwillingness to meet with graduates from that ceremony.
harmless loony

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board