Home

TheSinner.net

London

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

London

Postby django on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:00 pm

Whats the cheapest way to reach london (heathrow) from saint Andrews?
django

Re:

Postby Don on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 pm

Walk.

[hr]

Daz, makes your whites #gggggg
Don

Shut up You Dickhead

Postby django on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 pm

Thanks a lot , u really helped a lot and u deserve a medal for this . Due to ppl like you this website is loosing its grounds. Please dont use your brain muscles as they are already so weak(if they ever existed).

Quoting Don from 18:11, 20th Jul 2006
Walk.

[hr]

django

Re:

Postby Gealle on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Probably to get a coach to Edinburgh, cheap flight from Edinburgh airport to London, and bus/tube to Heathrow.

Afraid I couldn't give you a price on that though mate. You know what no frills airlines are like when it comes to making prices up.

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby novium on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:13 pm

have a railcard. Get a really cheap ticket for the train, and then use said railcard again to get a discount on the heathrow express.

[hr]

sed tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:17 pm

Django, how is it being a dickhead when he's right? You didn't specify how long you were intending to travel. Without information as to how far in advance you need to book your tickets, it's hard to say if it's cheaper by air or by plane but National Express usually beats both prices but will take you 10 hours + (at a guess).

[hr]

www.myspace.com/rocksocfloss
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby tinker on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:27 pm

The Megabus from Edinburgh to London is v.cheap, maybe you should consider that?
tinker

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Nothing wrong with strapping on some blue sweade shoes...

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby bdw on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:13 pm

Quoting django from 18:00, 20th Jul 2006
Whats the cheapest way to reach london (heathrow) from saint Andrews?

afraid that this is for a return flight rather than one way but it is a good deal

1. apply for a bmi credit card via
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/frequen ... linkid=986

2. receive card in the post

3. buy a sandwich with card

4. get 20,000 air miles for first purchase

5. book return flights to London from Edinburgh using air miles

6. Pay for taxes and bus to EDI

PS: procedure applies mutatis mutandis for flights to Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearics), Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine or Yugoslavia (depending on routes available on BMI from EDI)
bdw

Re:

Postby Lyeta on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:40 pm

Megabus? PRobably not the most comfortable way but I think its £6 overnight from Edinburgh (Dundee maybe?) to London
Lyeta

Re:

Postby Rob Milsom on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:25 pm

£12 one way from Dundee to London by Megabus, so far as I can remember. Can be cheaper depending on the day and time.

That said, journey time is just under 12 hours...

[hr]

[i]Is tresa tuath na tighearna
[i]Is tresa tuath na tighearna
Rob Milsom

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:32 pm

Megabus has put it's prices up. te cheapest way to London from Dundee right now is the National Express.

Book 14 days in advance for £32.50 return.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Satine on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Megabus' prices depend on when you book. I went from Inverness to London the other week and it was going to be £16 each way, but as I ended up having to put off booking until the day before I left and ended up paying £28 to London though still only paid £16 for the return journey.

Not bad for what is essentially the length of the UK!
Satine

Re:

Postby the reason for the word w on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 am

not sure if this is the megabus, but a friend of mine went from Edinburgh directly to Heathrow by bus last year. It's an overnight service, maybe somebody else knows the details?

[hr]

Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
Are you a terrorist?
- Depends! Are you terrified?
the reason for the word w

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:16 am

Quoting Paranoid from 19:49, 20th Jul 2006

Anyone else imagining someone with turnips on their feet?
Thackary

Re:

Postby Gealle on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:11 am

nope. you got some weird fetish there, mate.

Quoting thackary from 01:16, 21st Jul 2006
Quoting Paranoid from 19:49, 20th Jul 2006

Anyone else imagining someone with turnips on their feet?

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Magus on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:10 am

You can get a single on GNER from Leuchars to Kings X for £13.50 if you book well enough in advance (did this for me & my GF at the end of term). Then pick up the Picadilly Line at Kings X all the way to Heathrow (just make sure you don't get on an Uxbridge train by mistake, hehehe)

[hr]

When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
Magus

Re:

Postby Freaker on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 pm

Megabus goes from Dundee to London and vice versa. Should be less than 15 pounds if you book a little in advance. Certainly not the most comfortable - make sure you get there early and get a seat with some free leg space. Also take little hand luggage - nearly no space to put it.

National express used to have a 9 pounds go-anywhere special if you booked it about a week in advance on selected routes. Don't know if that still exists, but it may be worth having a look. I got from London to Edinburgh for 9 pounds that way back in February.

[hr]

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Quoting django from 18:18, 20th Jul 2006
Thanks a lot , u really helped a lot and u deserve a medal for this . Due to ppl like you this website is loosing its grounds. Please dont use your brain muscles as they are already so weak(if they ever existed).

Quoting Don from 18:11, 20th Jul 2006
Walk.

[hr]

django: Why are you always so easily wound up? Geez man in mosts of your posts, you come across pissed off for absolutely no reason. have a look at the Shah Rukh Khan post for example. Learn to chill out man.

Cheapest way to London is probably bargain berth on a sleeper train. I forget the link. Alternatively buy a 35 quid BA ticket from Edinburgh to Heathrow. Hope that helps.

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Megabus from Dundee to London costing approx £12 if you book online. You will at Victoria station from where you can catch the tube. Total cost including bus to Dundee ~£20!!

Return to The Sinner's Main Board