Home

TheSinner.net

Shit Childrens' choirs on tv adverts.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Shit Childrens' choirs on tv adverts.

Postby gringo on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:19 am

Recently there has been a worrying rise in the use of single-melody childrens' choirs being used on television adverts.

THEY ARE AWFUL!

During the small time that the advert is on my rage becomes so intense that I often consider CHANGING THE CHANNEL!

is it just me, or are they fucking irritating?
gringo

Re:

Postby Otis redding on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 am

Eh! Gringo, you loco to watch too much tv esse. Eat nachos and drink the tequila, you have better time and no go so loco bro ha ha
"I am so bored with THE U.S.A." Strummer
Otis redding

Re:

Postby ClaireyMoo on Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:46 pm

Oh my God! Those ASDA adverts are so bad! I have to change the channel when they come on. Have you seen the new one with them all singing on the school bus? It makes me want to kill my television.
ClaireyMoo

Re:

Postby Colin on Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:01 pm

I'm going to add this to my list of reasons why I'm glad I don't have a TV.
Colin

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:27 pm

The only thing that pisses me off is the quoir that sings "Another one Bites the Dust" for that restoration prpgram's advert.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool
[l]
Image[/l]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby amore vincit omnia on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:10 pm

Quoting ClaireyMoo from 13:46, 30th Jul 2006
Oh my God! Those ASDA adverts are so bad! I have to change the channel when they come on. Have you seen the new one with them all singing on the school bus? It makes me want to kill my television.

Oh my days, the one where they're murdering "Don't Stop Me Now"?! I saw it tonight for the first time, and I still can't believe how truly awful it is. They almost make McFly's version sound passable.

[hr]

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
amore vincit omnia

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Everyone is bitching about those adverts.

I like that 'dont stop me now one', esp. with the ginger girl at the front who is really going for it.

And a poloshirt for 95p? What a bargain!

I suddenly wish I had children.
Setsuna

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Quoting Setsuna from 00:01, 31st Jul 2006

I like that 'dont stop me now one', esp. with the ginger girl at the front who is really going for it.

Go get one then, there are plenty of them lying around in parks.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:06 am

More for you for less...Thats Asda Price...**Slaps Arse**

Quoting Setsuna from 00:01, 31st Jul 2006

[hr]

King Sinner
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 pm

Thank God I'm not alone. Though, randomly, the advert which enrages me most at the moment, during which I have to leave the room or change channel, is the Frosties one with the kid singing "They're gonna taste great" etc. Pass the shotgun.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm

has to be Marks and Spencer adverts for me. Stop that awful would-be-sexy voice! It's food! And M&S food isn't actually all that great anyway. The way all the fat oozes out of those sausages revolts me every time. But that woman's voice is the worst part.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:06 pm

has to be Marks and Spencer adverts for me. Stop that awful would-be-sexy voice! It's food! And M&S food isn't actually all that great anyway. The way all the fat oozes out of those sausages revolts me every time. But that woman's voice is the worst part.
Anon.

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:20 pm

Quoting Eliot Wilson from 13:34, 31st Jul 2006
Thank God I'm not alone. Though, randomly, the advert which enrages me most at the moment, during which I have to leave the room or change channel, is the Frosties one with the kid singing "They're gonna taste great" etc. Pass the shotgun.

[hr]

That young man now has his very own rumour going about that he has either committed suicide or has been stabbed (neither appear to be true, but google 'frosties stabbing' if you're bored.)
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:44 pm

It wasn't me, I was never there, I was miles away at the time (whatever time it was).

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby JonCore on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 pm

JonCore

Return to The Sinner's Main Board