Home

TheSinner.net

Worst Movies Ever

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:58 pm

I just remembered "Outbreak" (don't know if it's been mentioned already, can't be arsed looking).

Basically, half of the USA are collapsing and dying from some kind of plague. Then, the screen washes seamlessly into the next scene, and everybody's fine.

No mention of any cure, or any way to combat the pathogen. It magically cleared itself up, despite being the deadliest biological entity mankind had ever seen.

Fantastic viewing. It was the afternoon movie on five when I was on holiday once.

[hr]

" ... No-one knows what it's like, to be the bad man, to be the sad man, Behind Blue Eyes ... "
Malcolm

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 pm

You mean the Outbreak with Morgan Freeman where they spend ages tracking down the monkey that started the whole thing so they can develop a treatment for the virus?

I think you missed part of the film there unless there's another movie with the same name ;-)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:32 pm

Quoting Malcolm from 22:58, 10th Sep 2006
I just remembered "Outbreak" (don't know if it's been mentioned already, can't be arsed looking).

Basically, half of the USA are collapsing and dying from some kind of plague. Then, the screen washes seamlessly into the next scene, and everybody's fine.

No mention of any cure, or any way to combat the pathogen. It magically cleared itself up, despite being the deadliest biological entity mankind had ever seen.

Pretty much the same as The War of the Worlds, then, but with a virus instead of Martians?
Anon.

Re:

Postby richey on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:38 pm

I heart Huckabees. I know its supposed to be all philosophical and such, but I thought it was utter tripe.

I also agree with the people who said Pearl Harbour, Elizabethtown (most plotless film ever) and Glitter.
richey

Re:

Postby spewie on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:49 pm

Open Water

[hr]

[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
spewie

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:47 pm

Pretty much the same as The War of the Worlds, then, but with a virus instead of Martians?

But thats what happens in the book. It's ther bacteria all along, escpet H G Wells leaves God out of it and instead credits, shock horror, evolution!

Jeff Wayne's version is being made into a CGI movie, which means no Tom 'Mighty Mouse' Cruise. Lets hope they can recreate Richard Burton like they did at the stage show. He might be dead, but i bet he can still act better than Tom.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Last edited by Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:19 pm

anyone ever seen "The Postman"? it's yet another awful Kevin Costner film. i cant remember how long it was but i saw it on a bus where there wasnt much else to do.
one of the worst films ive seen in a very long time, only beaten by "Waterworld", yet another Kevin Costner film. *i've got nothing against him, just most of the films he directs are dreadfull. (with the exception of his Robin Hood film which isnt bad)*

[hr]

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying." - Woody Allen
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Waterworld was pretty bad. And I haven't heard anything good about the Postman.

Films they show you on planes and such: Spy Kids. Even Antonio Banderas couldn't save that.

And Happy Gilmour. With the exception of the Wedding Singer, nothing makes me automatically HATE a film more than the two words "Adam" "Sandler".

[hr]

I wanna be an anarchist, get pissed, destroy
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:40 pm

Quoting Fozzy Bear from 20:19, 11th Sep 2006
(with the exception of his Robin Hood film which isnt bad)*

Isn't bad? Because of that film everyone now thinks all Nottinghamiams are like Kevin Costner! I was in Bangkok and when anyone found out I was from Nottingham they always said, 'Oh Nottingham! Robin Hood. Kevin Costner.' NO NO NO NO NO! That film has nothing to do with Nottingham. I mean, come on, 'we will be in Nottingham by nightfall.' From the south coast? On horseback? Via Hadrian's Wall? WRONG! The saving grace of that film was Alan Rickman, superb as always.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Last edited by Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:17 pm

just because the film makes people think that everyone from Nottingham is like the people in that film doesnt change the fact its an ok film.
its particularly good for a Kevin Costner film, lol.
another one. a few years ago i saw a film called "The Secret Agent" on ITV late at night. i think it was starring Bob Hoskins (sp?) or at least someone who looks like him. it is an absolutely dreadfull film, the only reason i even watched it all is cause i hate watching 1/2 a film. :p

[hr]

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying." - Woody Allen
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby 989 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 pm

The New World with Colin Farrell. I didnt realise that with all the resources available these days such a mind-eroding film could be produced these days. It was boring in ways I still cant comprehend.

Re:

Postby [James] on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:06 pm

Quoting the Empress from 22:34, 10th Sep 2006
Does anyone remember a film with John Goodman in, where he makes horror movies and there's a scene with an enraged guy in an ant suit.

I remember it too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matinee-John-Goodman/dp/B00009W357/sr=8-1/qid=1159895166/ref=pd_ka_1/202-9469798-2928607?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
[James]

Re:

Postby beeny on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 pm

Quoting [James] from 18:06, 3rd Oct 2006
Quoting the Empress from 22:34, 10th Sep 2006
Does anyone remember a film with John Goodman in, where he makes horror movies and there's a scene with an enraged guy in an ant suit.

I remember it too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matinee-John-Goodman/dp/B00009W357/sr=8-1/qid=1159895166/ref=pd_ka_1/202-9469798-2928607?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html

I remember that too. Scared the bejeezus out of me as a child, I can tell you.

[hr]

'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board