Home

TheSinner.net

Elopement

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Quoting Jen the Phantom Hobbit of the Opera from 10:41, 11th Oct 2006
To solve this problem all you need is Prince Philip, a gun, a lot of bullets and no people in an 1000 mile radius ... that'll solve the Australian rabbit problem.

He's getting on, and there are a lot of rabbits. They tried manufacturing rabbit diseases, all they got was respite until an immune generation could be born. They tried building fences (one of them is almost 2,000km long). All in all, it's been a bit of a disaster.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Quoting Jen the Phantom Hobbit of the Opera from 08:54, 11th Oct 2006
The wilds of the Scottish highlands - less sun but more rabbits (mmm tasty).

Rabbits may be tasty - but they are not good for you. In fact it is not unknown for people on an (enforced) diet of rabbit to die of starvation. This is noted in the SAS Survival Guide.

Here are just two web pages to look at - you can Google for more:

[l]
[li] http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0006632
[li] http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Time%201-2/vilhjalmur_stefansson1.htm
[/l]

[hr]

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby Ellkie on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Quoting PaddyW from 00:57, 11th Oct 2006
Hyrule

I always wanted to live in Hyrule and marry Link. We would skip everywhere and if we got tired Link would play his wee flute and the bird would come and we would fly away and visit a fairy and drink some magic potion and collect bees in glass containers. What a life! Yes. Elope to Hyrule.

[hr]

It's all GEEK
It's all GEEK
Ellkie

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:58 pm

Quoting lauraelizabeth from 08:24, 11th Oct 2006
what happened last time? did people cook and eat them? that wouldn't be very nice... i'm a vegetarian.

Are you aware the Bible denotes the refusal of meat as one of a several "doctrines of devils"?

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
- I Timothy 4:1-5

The reason that Cain's sacrifice was refused and Abel's accepted was that Abel's involved the shedding of blood. It followed the type shown by God when he clothed Adam and Eve in the skins of animals.

The eating of meat is commanded by God, and that this involves the killing an animal is a demonstration of the seriousness with which God views sin and that "without shedding of blood is no remission" - Hebrews 9:22. However, although man is told to eat meat, he is also told not to eat blood - therefore there is a requirement for the animal to be bled.

And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
- Genesis 9:1-4

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. - Acts 15:28-29

[hr]

Paul

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm

So in addition to the Jews, the Muslims, the Catholics and now the gays, we can add vegetarians to the legion of the damned?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Quoting exnihilo from 13:38, 11th Oct 2006
Quoting Jen the Phantom Hobbit of the Opera from 10:41, 11th Oct 2006
To solve this problem all you need is Prince Philip, a gun, a lot of bullets and no people in an 1000 mile radius ... that'll solve the Australian rabbit problem.

He's getting on, and there are a lot of rabbits. They tried manufacturing rabbit diseases, all they got was respite until an immune generation could be born. They tried building fences (one of them is almost 2,000km long). All in all, it's been a bit of a disaster.

I saw him scurrying (carriage driving REALLY fast) at Lowther show this summer and he wasn't showing his age, I'm sure he'll be fine. Just put him on a swivel chair.

And don't get me started on rabbit diseases. We get tonnes of rabbit son our land and every year a load get mixi, die in the middle of the path then the rest are immune and EAT ALL THE BLOODY PLANTS! Pesky rabbits.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:29 pm

Quoting Paul from 14:45, 11th Oct 2006
Quoting Jen the Phantom Hobbit of the Opera from 08:54, 11th Oct 2006
The wilds of the Scottish highlands - less sun but more rabbits (mmm tasty).

Rabbits may be tasty - but they are not good for you. In fact it is not unknown for people on an (enforced) diet of rabbit to die of starvation. This is noted in the SAS Survival Guide.

Here are just two web pages to look at - you can Google for more:

[l]
[li] http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0006632
[li] http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Time%201-2/vilhjalmur_stefansson1.htm
[/l]

[hr]

I'm sure there will be more to eat then rabbits, and even if they no nutritional value they're still tasy - like marshmallows, and salad cream, and chewing gum.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby Icarus on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:34 pm

Quoting Paul from 14:58, 11th Oct 2006

Are you aware the Bible denotes the refusal of meat as one of a several "doctrines of devils"?

Are you aware lots of people couldn't care less?
Icarus

Re:

Postby jennyo on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:24 am

Pay no attention to LonelyPilgrim -- the American South may be hot and full of marsh bunnies but it is also full of mosquitos, sand gnats, armadillos which jump at your car, and men sporting the mullet/moustache combo.

I vote for South Africa, maybe. Or New Zealand. No rabbits, though.

[hr]

Did you know that lollygagging promotes communism and causes sterility?
Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
jennyo

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 am

What the fuck Paul? Do you just pick arbitrary concepts in posts and look them up to see what scripture you can dole out in condemnation? Vegetarianism of all things!
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby [James] on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting exnihilo from 15:21, 11th Oct 2006
So in addition to the Jews, the Muslims, the Catholics and now the gays, we can add vegetarians to the legion of the damned?

Of course. Paul is - or was - an equal opportunities moron.

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
[James]

Re:

Postby threekings on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Quoting Paul from 21:17, 10th Oct 2006
Quoting Mr Comedy from 20:55, 10th Oct 2006
Rhodesia.

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung

Rhodesia definitely was the best!!! (the land of my birth and upbringing). Unfortunately it has not existed as a nation since 1978.

[hr]

paul, u were raised in rhodesia!! are you a total king yah?
threekings

Re:

Postby lauraelizabeth on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:45 pm

thanks, but forget it. he broke up with me. "i care about you more than anything but i can't live with what i'm doing to you, the age and culture difference is too much". if anyone wants me i'm sobbing in my bedroom.
lauraelizabeth

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:15 pm

When I hear 'Rhodesia', the first thing that springs to mind is the Monty Python sketch where a man visits the factory where they produce motivational tapes and you hear people speaking into a recorder for stopping smoking, learning french, and then a guy with a heavy accent saying in a slow and even tone "Rhodeeeeesha! Rhodeeeesha! Bleck People. Kill the Blecks"

You couldn't put that on BBC1 these days.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby threekings on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:59 pm

we fucking love keen-YAH
threekings

Re:

Postby Science is Fun on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:55 pm

That has to be one of the greatest/funniest things I have ever heard ... a rant about vegetarians going to hell
I didn’t even know it was possible to hate some one for being a vegetarian ... that’s the breaking point between being a jerk and being insane
Science is Fun

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Quoting Mr Comedy from 13:18, 11th Oct 2006
Quoting Telinar from 12:05, 11th Oct 2006
Quoting PaddyW from 00:57, 11th Oct 2006
Hyrule

Would that be specifically the Gerudo Desert, or am I just being too geeky now?

Nah, go live in the lost woods.

Was thinking about the highlands 'round Death Mountain myself...

[hr]

"Clearly I lack arrogance, for that would be a flaw..."- 8-bit theatre
"I'll suffer my craving, my soul's not worth saving, so why don't you go, just leave well alone"- Iron Maiden
"The fate of destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth"- Neon Genesis Evangelion
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."- Sephiroth
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Paul

Postby lauraelizabeth on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:40 pm

all life is sacred. We were given animals for the meat to eat, but if it is possible to live without taking the lives of other creatures, that should be accepted. You appear to be perverting the word of the bible for your own means, because we were given the task of protecting all living creatures on this earth. It seems there is a great amount of hypocracy involved here...
lauraelizabeth

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:37 pm

It's possible to be four of the five of those at once (if one will consider being racially Jewish and not religiously Jewish an option).

I feel bad for those suckers!

Quoting exnihilo from 15:21, 11th Oct 2006
Bonnie

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board