Home

TheSinner.net

yahs in the bop

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

yahs in the bop

Postby gringo on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:36 pm

did anyone see those yahs in the bop lastnight? wearing fucking jackets and ties- bloody yahs. they don't belong there!

to be fair i did see one of them pull an absolute brick of cash out of their wallets, there must have been half a monkey there. They should just stay in ma bells, oak rooms etc, with their own kind.
gringo

Re:

Postby Otis redding on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:58 pm

Yah Gringo Yah
"I am so bored with THE U.S.A." Strummer
Otis redding

Re:

Postby Δ on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Quoting gringo from 15:36, 14th Oct 2006
did anyone see those yahs in the bop lastnight? wearing fucking jackets and ties- bloody yahs. they don't belong there!

to be fair i did see one of them pull an absolute brick of cash out of their wallets, there must have been half a monkey there. They should just stay in ma bells, oak rooms etc, with their own kind.

Why Do They Not Belong There?

[hr]

The Watcher And The Tower...
IMAGE:img224.imageshack.us/img224/5155/wt125qf1.jpg
The Watcher And The Tower...
IMAGE:img224.imageshack.us/img224/5155/wt125qf1.jpg
Δ

Re:

Postby Raindance on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Quoting gringo from 15:36, 14th Oct 2006
there must have been half a monkey there.

Which half?

[hr]

So much to do. If I only had time...
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby threekings on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:21 pm

the £250 half, duh
threekings

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm so glad to see that inverse snobbery is alive and well!

They don't belong there eh? Funny, because the union is there for the benefit of all students! But obviously that can't be true. We should turf out anyone who didn't come from a shoebox in Yorkshire, with 150 other people, and work in a mill for 24 hours a day before going home to a belting from dad!

Oh no, he's got money! I can count on one hand the number of people I know who can legitimately say that they're paying through uni on their own steam (and no, I'm not talking about the part-time, drink subsidising jobs). Just becaue it's in his wallet rather than his bank account.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:51 pm

And just because there's a themed bop on (like the Bedtime one last night) doesn't mean you HAVE to wear the right gear... if the yah wants to wear his suit, let him.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105257
Malcolm

Re:

Postby Fenella on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:54 pm

Just because they were wearing jackets and ties make them yahs? Perhaps they were people that had been at a function, didn't enjoy it, so decided to go to the bop instead. Or maybe they were out celebrating something, and decided to dress up for it.

How can you say someone doesn't "belong" in the bop?
Fenella

Re:

Postby gringo on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:02 pm

Quoting Fenella from 16:54, 14th Oct 2006
Just because they were wearing jackets and ties make them yahs? Perhaps they were people that had been at a function, didn't enjoy it, so decided to go to the bop instead. Or maybe they were out celebrating something, and decided to dress up for it.

How can you say someone doesn't "belong" in the bop?

definatley yahs. i even found out one of their names and checked one of them on facebook, just to make sure.

Edited by Admin to remove link to someone's facebook profile.
gringo

Re:

Postby Raindance on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Quoting threekings from 16:21, 14th Oct 2006
the £250 half, duh

I can't believe I got a bite that quickly!

[hr]

So much to do. If I only had time...
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Please tell me this is a joke.

[hr]

"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)

I assassin down the avenue.
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby JM on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:14 pm

dude, cant believe you even facebooked them to judge if they are yahs.

thats over the top and big deal if they went, its the bop its not for a certain class of people. i'd rather see as many people there, yahs or not, than have it half empty

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby ParisInTheAutumn on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:14 pm

i say shoot them
ParisInTheAutumn

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Quoting gringo from 17:02, 14th Oct 2006
this one even seems to have bop band on in this photo, unbelievable.

The only problem about that is being proud that you go to the bop ;)

Seriously, Gringo, what is the problem about who goes to the Bop or not?

Next week will we have a "Mingers in the Bop" thread complaining about all of the uglies being allowed into the Bop and how it shouldn't be allowed?

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby theyahyahyahs on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Quoting ParisInTheAutumn from 17:14, 14th Oct 2006
i say shoot them

I am one of the people this thread is refering to, and yes some people may think i am a yah because of the way i choose to dress (i.e. no item less than £400) etc but at the end of the day i would never refer to myself as a yah (although i definitely am richer than most of the people at this university). Aside from the fact that i was with some other rich mates, there was alot of dollar flying around that night because a friend had his horse come through a few hours before (he actually made a joke that he had earned more in those few seconds as his horse crossed the line than alot of the people in the bop would earn in a year). I hate all this snobery against "yahs" (well off people)- why can't people just accept that this university accepts many types of people!
theyahyahyahs

Re:

Postby trouble on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:57 pm

no one belongs at the bop!

[hr]

"Let's play master and servant."

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100566
trouble

Re:

Postby Stick_Man on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:58 pm

Gringo and ParisInTheAutum, you guys have a serious chip on your shoulders! Seems to be eating you up inside. It's funny how whenever a yah or kk thread starts up the level of responses on the sinner increases dramatically.

I find theyahyahyahs' comments equally distasteful. You're quite obviously either nouveau riche, or a pretender. I don't think yahs necessarily have to be well off in this twisted little town. I've seen plenty of wannabes wearing distinctly average attire, supplementing it with a blazer and KK tie and prancing around thinking they own the joint. I however, find it quite amusing and see no reason to "shoot them". Just sit back and enjoy the show!
Stick_Man

Re:

Postby HEED on Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:01 pm

Crikey, I personally cannot give a flying fudge about who turns up at the bop. It should be welcome to any student of any kind, and besides, everyone who is in the bop on a Friday is well n truly rat-arsed enjoying their own time, so why should people be noticing/caring about what type of clientelle (spelling?!) is there.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.zenadsl6236.zen.co.uk/js3.gif
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101006
ZOMG! it woz da LOLZ0rds
HEED

Re:

Postby Science is Fun on Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:02 pm

Whats wrong with yahs?
Science is Fun

Re:

Postby theyahyahyahs on Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:03 pm

Quoting Stick_Man from 17:58, 14th Oct 2006
Gringo and ParisInTheAutum, you guys have a serious chip on your shoulders! Seems to be eating you up inside. It's funny how whenever a yah or kk thread starts up the level of responses on the sinner increases dramatically.

I find theyahyahyahs' comments equally distasteful. You're quite obviously either nouveau riche, or a pretender. I don't think yahs necessarily have to be well off in this twisted little town. I've seen plenty of wannabes wearing distinctly average attire, supplementing it with a blazer and KK tie and prancing around thinking they own the joint. I however, find it quite amusing and see no reason to "shoot them". Just sit back and enjoy the show!

Just because you are poorer than us boys, doesn't mean you should bring out the old chesnut about being nouveau riche! I mentioned my friends horse because we all have a keen interest in equine pursuits (naturally). Cool it down stick man!
theyahyahyahs

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board