Home

TheSinner.net

Cherries

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby spewie on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:25 am

Maybe she never saw you? Everytime I'm there the service I get from them is great. It's a busy wee place.

[hr]

[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
spewie

Re:

Postby Senethro on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:37 am

Quoting dunqn from 10:22, 6th Dec 2006
Cherries, on South Street. What do you think of that place? Yesterday I was shown some of the most utterly, sinfully bad customer service i've ever seen. One of the women that works there stood and "cleaned" the chiller cabinet for the best part of 5 minutes whilst I stood there, getting increasingly perplexed by what she was doing - all I was wanting to do was pay. What's more, is that when she eventually stopped (when I asked my friend if I should perhaps just leave the money and go) she sighed, and said "you could have asked". All I could do was laugh. I see this torn-faced bitch act like this every single time i'm in there. Anyone else been appalled by the utter fucking obnoxiousness of the staff there (particularly that one rude sow)? Don't get me wrong, I was served once in there by someone who actually had a smile on her face, so it's not all bad.

Let me guess, it was the dark haired one that looks like shes sucking lemons all the time. I always hear her bitching about something on the radio, she always throws food/change at me.

and for some reason I get her about 50% of the time despite the fact about 8 people work there [img]littleicons/cross.gif[/img]
Senethro

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am

The service when I've been in is generally good. My friends worship the place, but I don't think the food is *that* great. I'd rather have the wraps from Butler & Co.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:49 am

There is one there who is a complete and utter horror. I think it's the same one you are talking about. Whenever I go there I always silently pray that I won't get her. She has been rude to me on more than one occasion. Other than that I really like Cherries and do go there despite the risk of getting the horror.

[hr]

Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Re:

Postby Spaceman Spiff on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 pm

Ive work in Cherries so i can understand what you guys are saying. Calling her a bloody sow is out of order as she might not have actually seen you and yes you could have spoken up as she might not have seen you, if not then yeah it was bad service. Cherries is a nice little place but was a lot better when the counter was actually manned by students, myself and a number of friends had a great time working there and always go a great amount of banter from the customers. recently it seems that most of the workers are young Madras kids who really dont have a clue about customer service, I still go in there sometimes for old time aske and have remarked on some of the bad service. I myself now frequent the ladybank, like a trip to your grandparents, awesome:)

[hr]

Hat or banana? Think of the philosphical ramifications..... banana, banana, banana!
Hat or banana? Think of the philosphical ramifications..... banana, banana, banana!
Spaceman Spiff

Re:

Postby Spaceman Spiff on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Did you actually say something? If you were in such a rush it wouldnt have been completely rude to pipe up maybe, just ask if you could pay for it? I agree that you shouldnt have to wait until she finishes cleaning but if it bugged you that much you should have said something and not just stood there like a wally, besides Java is just next door.

[hr]

Spaceman Spiff

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:40 pm

In the past month or so i have found the service has dropped and also the filling in my bagel has halved which has annoyed me as the price is the same. I guess i am just going to have to get up early in the morning and make my own cream cheese and bacon bagel.

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:42 pm

Working at the byre, I do find myself going into cherries rather often to grab lunch, and I do begrudge it a fair bit. There's one girl (I think she may even be the manager) in particular who's always incredibly obnoxious and rude. At the end of the day, it does no harm to be polite to someone who is giving you custom, despite how bored/busy/stressed you are.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably just mince round to Lambert & Butlers for a wrap, were it not also for the fact the the queue there is more often than not a joke
Manic23

Re:

Postby Northyboy on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 pm

I used to love Cherries, until i think i was served by the girl this post is talking about. She was so obnoxious rude, it was the worst customer service i have ever recieved. She was actually rather intimidating, growling from the other side of the counter, it seemed she just didn't want t be there.I haven't been back since.
Northyboy

Re:

Postby JM on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:23 pm

sounds like someone should mention this board to her or the staff...i doubt management would be pleased to hear how poorly they treat customers

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Senethro on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Just what I was thinking. I'm sure they'd like to see this thread. Any idea how to contact them?
Senethro

Fillings

Postby Rab on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:44 pm

The fillings in Cherries are an absolute joke. 3.50 for a brie and turkey bagette and all you get is two thin slivers of brie and one turkey slice. It is ridiculous, they even charge you extra for salad or onion! Used to be much better 2-3 years ago. The bread aint that great either. I have recently started frequenting MacGregors and very nice it is too.
Rab

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:01 pm

The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Paul Carey on Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:12 pm

Quoting Senethro from 16:28, 6th Dec 2006
Just what I was thinking. I'm sure they'd like to see this thread. Any idea how to contact them?

I would have thought one way would be to print the thread out, pop it in an envelope with a little note, address it to the proprietor and see what happens.

[hr]

Paul Carey
NPH Cinema, St Andrews
Paul Carey
NPH Cinema, St Andrews
Paul Carey

Re:

Postby Senethro on Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Quoting Paul Carey from 19:12, 6th Dec 2006
Quoting Senethro from 16:28, 6th Dec 2006

I would have thought one way would be to print the thread out, pop it in an envelope with a little note, address it to the proprietor and see what happens.

[hr]

Paul Carey
NPH Cinema, St Andrews

Thanks.

Also, St Andrews is so much better for having the NPH.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:47 pm

Or why not just tell the manager that the customer service is lacking?
Oli

Re:

Postby lauraelizabeth on Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Quoting oli from 19:47, 6th Dec 2006
Or why not just tell the manager that the customer service is lacking?

because one person complaining about customer service will do nothing. a whole host of people discussing how bad it is on a public student forum will have a much bigger impact because it is much more likely to have an impact upon custom.
lauraelizabeth

Re:

Postby Odysseus on Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 pm

Le Rendez Vous is probably the best place in town for toasted panninis and take-away customer service. £2.50 for either the Mexican Chicken or Spicy Tuna is a good shout too!

[hr]

Walk into the bright lights of sorrow, oh drink a bit of wine and we both might go tommorow, my love...
Walk into the bright lights of sorrow, oh drink a bit of wine and we both might go tommorow, my love...
Odysseus

Re:

Postby Matt Badger on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Quoting Odysseus from 20:42, 6th Dec 2006
Le Rendez Vous is probably the best place in town for toasted panninis and take-away customer service. £2.50 for either the Mexican Chicken or Spicy Tuna is a good shout too!

[hr]

Agreed, the food is good and the customer service is excellent, unlike Cherries. I stopped going to Cherries a few years back after a number of visits in which i was repeatedly treated like shit, short changed, over charged, given wrong orders and told to get out of the way by a member of staff. God knows why people still go there.
Matt Badger

Re:

Postby VThigh on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 pm

"torn-faced" please elaborate

[hr]

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
VThigh

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board