Home

TheSinner.net

Creative Zen Vison:M

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Creative Zen Vison:M

Postby rubbermuffin on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:59 pm

I have just received a wonderful Creative Zen Vision:M mp3 player for Crimbo - hurrah!

But oh no! I have no idea where to download video content for it - does anyone know where I can get hold of such things as episodes of the Simpsons and similar such programs to watch on my little player?

[hr]

'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:27 am

I had one for about a month or so before it broke (think the replacement broke as well), but movie-wise I couldnt find any official 'legal' sites, just your usual bittorrent downloads etc.

Goodluck!

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby David Bean on Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:52 am

Can these non-Apple appliances use things like Podcasts and Vodcasts in the same kind of way?

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:36 am

Cheers - bit worried now though!

Quoting Paranoid from 01:27, 27th Dec 2006
I had one for about a month or so before it broke (think the replacement broke as well), but movie-wise I couldnt find any official 'legal' sites, just your usual bittorrent downloads etc.

Goodluck!

[hr]

[hr]

rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:14 pm

Actually I dont think I had the Vision M, was some other one, but had problems with charging it (was a while back now, and I gave in and bought an ipod!) I'm sure you'll be fine, I dealt with a Curries that gave me two of them and both failed, so was probably a dud batch.

[hr]

Paranoid

Duplicate names... help!

Postby Lenana on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:31 pm

I also got one of these for Christmas and am now spending my days putting music and podcasts onto it rather than even pretending to revise.

Anyways... one wee thing... when you're transferring music onto it and there's already a file with the same name I get the option of skipping the transferring the new track or replacing the old one. There's no option have them both on the player. For example, I was adding the Radio 1 Live Lounge CD and it won't let me add "Golden Touch" because I already have Razorlight's album on the player. It won't let me change the name of the track (goldentouch.wav). Any suggestions?
Lenana

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Quoting Lenana from 16:31, 27th Dec 2006
pretending to revise.

Mentioning revision on the Sinner during holidays is like telling people that you've just lost the game.

Which I have, by the way.

[hr]

http://www.race2paris.co.uk
http://standrews.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204763785
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Quoting Bizarre Atheist from 16:59, 27th Dec 2006
pretending to revise.

Mentioning revision on the Sinner during holidays is like telling people that you've just lost the game.

Which I have, by the way.

[hr]

http://www.race2paris.co.uk
http://standrews.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204763785

You git.....
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:51 pm

For example, I was adding the Radio 1 Live Lounge CD and it won't let me add "Golden Touch" because I already have Razorlight's album on the player. It won't let me change the name of the track (goldentouch.wav). Any suggestions?

Change the name of the file on your computer before you try to transfer it?

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...

...And I am a Sinner Goddess.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby TheAmazingDrK on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:08 am

I just got one of them for christmas too. So far I've put on some stuff from bittorrent downloads (which looks great) but I don't think they have a site. Shit, hope mine doesn't break. Good luck.
TheAmazingDrK

Re:

Postby Lenana on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:48 pm

I managed to use different software to get the 'duplicate' songs on the MP3... but none of the track details were copied. Annoying.

On another note... it froze today!!! Just stopped while I was looking at photos. Wouldn't shut down. Connected it to my computer and computer said there was no player attached. I pressed the reset button and it's working fine now. Let's hope that it was a one off...
Lenana

Re:

Postby maenad on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:45 am

I am bringing my good old CD Walkman back up to St A after Christmas. I've had two Creative players and they've both gone haywire on me - and so have those belonging to the handfull of other people I know with Creative models. Just a warning. I loved mine while they worked but be ready to take it back if it keeps freezing.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Return to The Sinner's Main Board