Home

TheSinner.net

Really really odd question for someone in St. Andrews right now

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Really really odd question for someone in St. Andrews right now

Postby ebonyphoenix on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:25 pm

Okay, this is going to sound odd, but I warned you in the title, but would someone mind checking to make sure a house exists on 29 North Street? My mother (who is literally emotionally disturbed) believes everyone lies through the internet and has doubts as to the existence of said house that we are set to rent for open day in February.

Hmm... not much I can offer you except said house is supposed to have room for a multitude of people to congregate and a box of See's Candies (I work there) and perhaps a lifetime of free editing for your essays (this offer contingent on life circumstances). Erm... what else? My friendship for four years? I am a student who was admitted last year but unfortunately had to defer my acceptance (LONG effing story).

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

~Lauren
ebonyphoenix

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Possibly the best prospective student question I've ever seen.

http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.tcq3 ... Kingdom___

Click aerial and hybrid, and you can even see it! Although, the pictures on Live are pretty old (e.g. before the Seafood Restaurant), it may have got up and left.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Lyra on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Best question ever!

I have now been seized by a desire to go to North Street and look for number 29, just to prove that it actually does exist!

[hr]

The Man With No Name - Danger fits him like a tight black glove
The Man With No Name - Danger fits him like a tight black glove
Lyra

internet lies

Postby Cain on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:58 pm

The house is there, but it's 45 years old, fat and lives in its own basement.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Frank on Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:01 pm

In all honesty this does inspire me to go on some sort of crazy adventure to find the aforementioned house...I mean...a mysterious house that may or may not exist...here in St Andrews...

When's the next full moon?

Frank

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:09 pm

5 Wallace Avenue...lived there in my 3rd year back in 2003...bit worried it may have gone off on a wander, can someone check up for me (it is under the care of the Uni Accom Services but that isn't saying much!)

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby househunter on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:45 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 17:31, 6th Jan 2007
Possibly the best prospective student question I've ever seen.

http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.tcq3 ... Kingdom___

Click aerial and hybrid, and you can even see it! Although, the pictures on Live are pretty old (e.g. before the Seafood Restaurant), it may have got up and left.

Fuck me! Look how far back the tide is on that picture! Never seen the pool bit so dry!
househunter

Re:

Postby niall on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:02 pm

its weird, like the photos of my house are over 6 years older, but ones from only a few streets away are obviously much newer!

[hr]

do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum
niall

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:21 pm

It would be fantastic if there was just a gap between 27 and 31 North Street. Perhaps with an IOU note left in the middle of it.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:26 pm

Haven't you watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' yet? The Ice Caps melting, you'll never see that pool dry ever again!

Quoting niall from 21:02, 6th Jan 2007
its weird, like the photos of my house are over 6 years older, but ones from only a few streets away are obviously much newer!

[hr]

do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum

[hr]

Paranoid

Re:

Postby Colin on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:05 am

The best bit about this question is that you are trying to use the internet to see whether or not the internet is lying.

The whole of existence is actually a clever internet illusion. There is no 29.
Colin

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:05 pm

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby somewhere only we know on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 pm

There is no 29
There is no.29!

Ah, punctuation's great!
somewhere only we know

Sewerage!

Postby somewhere only we know on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 pm

somewhere only we know

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:48 pm

As a further piece of humour, if you look up 29 North Street, St Andrews on Live, you get two results. One is the house in question, the other is Sallie's Quad.

[hr]

DrAlex

52A Argyle Street

Postby BasilSeal on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:09 am

Ha! The last time I was back in St Andrews I discovered that the house containing the flat I lived in (52a Argyle Street, if I remember aright--it used to be an old fashioned house with two flats upstairs reached by a communal stair) had been turned into some sort of complex.

And DRH has gone.

I am starting to think that there is a campaign to eliminate all traces of me from the Auld Grey Toun.
BasilSeal

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:35 am

Quoting BasilSeal from 03:09, 8th Jan 2007
I am starting to think that there is a campaign to eliminate all traces of me from the Auld Grey Toun.

*Message deleted*

[hr]

DrAlex

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:07 am

Quoting Paranoid from 20:09, 6th Jan 2007
5 Wallace Avenue...lived there in my 3rd year back in 2003...

I lived at 4 Wallace Avenue in 03-04. Wouldn't you have been the people who had lots of work done on the house? In all honesty, that house would be a top contender for not being there anymore, considering the stories I heard about how bad it was on the inside-- we had mould growing in No. 4 that grew from your walls over to ours.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:51 am

It's most likely that number 5 was across the road from your old house Bonnie.

That would be some SERIOUS mould problem!
Ewan Husami

Return to The Sinner's Main Board