Home

TheSinner.net

Exams *before* Christmas

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Orcas on Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 pm

Sorry, I don't buy the develop as a person, if I knew that I could leave now and go work (but can't since a degree, for reasons I've not yet gotten a clear answer for helps you in the world) I would. I'm already independent, good with money, hard working, yadayada. Sitting in the library and writing essays isn't developing anything for me besides an annoyance at the whole system.

However, as I'm trying to find out what I will get out of my time here, if you have anything you would like to relate, I would be interested and possibly swayed in my views.

But hey, some people like being a student and the life style that comes along with it. Just not me.

(Plus, I'm an American, I have to pay wherever I go:))

[hr]

www.sufrasees.blogspot.co,
Orcas

Re:

Postby Al on Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Quoting BasilSeal from 18:32, 14th Jan 2007
This was a *great* system, especially if you got three exemptions in your first two years. Then you essentially got the third term off... Which was a lot of fun for all the obvious reasons, plus the fact that you could then just pop into lectures when you liked the subject, whether you were taking the course or not. I recall that the anthropology lectures on gypsies were especially well-attended.

Of course, this also came along with having all your finals (which, in Arts, determined your entire degree) in a week or two at the end of your fourth year, so it wasn't all roses.

Or you could just lounge around in the sun all day and wander down to one of the beach parties by night.
Al

Re:

Postby BasilSeal on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm

[/quote]

Or you could just lounge around in the sun all day and wander down to one of the beach parties by night.[/quote]

Or start drinking at 11am.

Which actually lost its appeal quite quickly, to my great surprise.
BasilSeal

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board