Home

TheSinner.net

Valentine's day blues.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

What you should do....

Postby LJ on Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:17 pm

... is send out loads of cards to people you know (and perhaps like)and then see if they guess who it's from. Could be amusing watching them puzzle over it!
LJ

Re:

Postby Saki on Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:02 pm

Valentine's day is just generally annoying. When I'm single, it just makes me feel as though the world is full of couples and no-one loves me. When I'm in a relationship, it gets me stressed about what the other person might expect from me. Last year I threw a party for my single friends (no couples allowed) which was great fun - I definitely recommend doing this.
Saki

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:09 am

[s]Wong wrote on 01:34, 9th Feb 2003:[i]
Isn't everything a commercial date these days?

"Even if you didn't really like them, just wanted to be with someone" - No point to that whatsoever.

I completely disagree. Most people can't live without some kind of company. I think thats the problem with a lot of people at st andrews. They don't seem to realise the benefit of sharing feelings with someone, even just 4 one nite. Not doing this can lead to things like depression, stress, and a feeling of unwantedness. I think these will contribute well to someone failing uni.

[hr]
Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:29 am

Share - don't share. The choice is a person's to make. Really, some people just don't need to open up and spill their guts. Other people do.

Such is human nature.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby goon on Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:09 pm

We should make a club.I hate this day too,second year in a row that iam single.Pheww,all my friends are items and at least iam away from my country and not having to see their hapiness or exchanging gifts.
I use to love it when i was younger my mum used to give me Valentine cards being divorced and all.Few years ago i pretended to be big and told her to stop.I need a drink.
goon

Re:

Postby barr on Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:18 pm

22 year in a row being single for me.

smile that you have been loved once.

[hr]moo
barr

Re:

Postby Zen on Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:02 pm

tis funny, i never manage to make a relationship last till valentine's day.
Zen

Re:

Postby Wong on Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:38 pm

Smile that I've been loved once and betrayed?

<¦-(

[hr]Who am I now? I'm not a man, I'm not machine
I gave my life away - for the Iron Savior dream
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:48 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 21:38, 11th Feb 2003:[i]
Smile that I've been loved once and betrayed?

<¦-(

The worst thing about being unhappy is thinking that you'll never be happy again.

Equally, the best thing about being happy is thinking that you'll never be unhappy again.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:00 pm

Why the hell do people have to moan about Valentines day? Can't you just get blind drunk quietly?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:39 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 22:00, 11th Feb 2003:
Why the hell do people have to moan about Valentines day? Can't you just get blind drunk quietly?

Or just not attach any significance to Feb 14th? I don't remember anyone winging about not being a Saint last time All Saints Day came around.

[hr]
[s]Good Morning, Captain.[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board