Home

TheSinner.net

Where the fuck is everyone?!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Where the fuck is everyone?!

Postby Big X on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:56 am

so?? i remember the times when threads were being updated every 5 minutes? where are all the king sinners? have u all finally left and got jobs? or is there a rocksoc/sinner holiday in torremolinos??

[hr]

"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:03 am

I was wondering the same thing, then I figured it might be the inter-semester break. Thus, everyone is drunk/stoned/on holiday.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:41 am

I was once a King Sinner - now I just lurk, and throw in the odd random post - like this.
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting papercutheart from 01:41, 25th Jan 2007
I was once a King Sinner - now I just lurk, and throw in the odd random post - like this.

alas, i am now suffering a similar fate, i merely "look and do not touch"
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:04 am

I'm not a King Sinner, but I am still here at least...

And yesterday I slept for 20 Hours. Now I plan to do an 'all dayer', ie be awake from midnight to midnight with no sleep in between...what a fun existence...

First Appointment of the Day: Breakfast, 8.15

Woohoo

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Gealle on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:30 am

I'm suffering a fortnight of seminars in Edinburgh. Thank yourself bloody lucky that you can kick back at god-foresaken hours and type rubbish...

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 am

Quoting dunqn from 08:57, 25th Jan 2007
The Sinner is dead.

It died as of June 06. See link below. I run a tiny music forum that is one million places higher in the ranks than this place, which i'll wager was pretty high at one point in terms of traffic. It's the absolute lack of progress combined with zero advertising, general lack of giving a damn, and facebook's complete absorbtion into Joe St Andrews's internet usage that's caused the collapse of here.

http://tinyurl.com/29qkup

Haha, pretty soon this site will just be a blog for threekings. On the plus side 'the thread with no name' will finally disappear into the E-void.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 am

The three-year statshot is much more interesting; I'll be damned if I can remember what was so interesting at some of those peak times...
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:51 am

I miss the old sinner as it was in 2004. Mind you back then the King of the King Sinners had me terrified to enter the chatroom. So maybe I want it as it was at the middle of 2005.

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby Sr. AGiC. on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:57 pm

The chat room killed the sinner!!

Why post something interesting and wait for a reply when you can go into the chat room and chat real time!
Sr. AGiC.

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:09 pm

I'm still a king sinner

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby groovy on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:42 pm

I think facebook largely contributed to the downfall of the sinner as well, dunc.

[hr]

Remember now, there's a big difference between kneeling down and BENDING OVER!
groovy

Re:

Postby groovy on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Oops yeah, missed that one...

The biggest problem thesinner has these days if you look at the front page and just about every single fucking thread is somebody moaning their fucking face off about something- nobody can be arsed with moaning cunts anymore. I thought about starting my own thread moaning about it, but I'm not in an ironic kinda mood today.

[hr]

groovy

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:38 pm

Quoting groovy from 15:49, 25th Jan 2007
Oops yeah, missed that one...

The biggest problem thesinner has these days if you look at the front page and just about every single fucking thread is somebody moaning their fucking face off about something- nobody can be arsed with moaning cunts anymore. I thought about starting my own thread moaning about it, but I'm not in an ironic kinda mood today.

[hr]

the odd thread that isnt someone moaning is just a link to the bbc website so its even less worth checking this site. it's amazing what habit does to you though. :P
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby Senethro on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Theory: THe powers that be are trying to run this site into the ground until noone cares when they turn it off.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Big X on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:36 pm

i think its a shame that this place is going down the shitter. the laughs that i've had, especially on the i saw you board with satterthwaite have made my week on a number of occasions!!!

[hr]

Big X

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:26 am

you can always go back in time thanks to the waybackmachine, and relive the glory days;

http://web.archive.org/web/200312180137 ... ner.co.uk/

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:03 am

How far back does that link go Flare? I started in 2004 and I always remeber The Sinner as being green not beige. Still it is nice to see The Sinner in the way it used to be.

[hr]

nighteyes

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm

I ripped my fucking jeans whilst reading this thread. MY JEANS

IT WAS SO DULL I RIPPED MY JEANS IN MY MANLY FRUSTRATION, HUGE BICEPS BULGING LIKE FUCKING BALLONS FILLED WITH LIQUID STEEL AS I STRUGGLED TO CONTAIN MY GROWING FURY PROVOKED BY THAT WHICH I READ

I READ IT LIKE A GOD

Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Mwahahahhahahahhaha
Quoting flarewearer from 05:26, 26th Jan 2007
you can always go back in time thanks to the waybackmachine, and relive the glory days;

http://web.archive.org/web/200312180137 ... ner.co.uk/

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board