Home

TheSinner.net

Complaining, but who to?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Complaining, but who to?

Postby amac on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Who at the university is the best person to write to in relation to their use of my personal details?

Someone like a data protection officer or something. If this is too specific a more general person would be good too.

Ta.
amac

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Depending on the nature of the question - Registry.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Laura on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:09 pm

It really depends on what sort of use of which personal details and by who! You signed up at matriculation for them using some personal details for certain purposes.
You could ask at registry for some imformation about why they have been used if you are really unhappy, and come and see me (Director of Representation- middle floor of the Union) if you don't get any answers.

[hr]

"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Alison Aiton
Data Protection Co-ordinator
Business Improvements
Butts Wynd
University of St Andrews
St Andrews
Fife KY16 9AL

dataprot@st-andrews.ac.uk

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/dataprot/
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby amac on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Thanks. Its nothing serious really.

I just don't like the fact that I keep on getting emails, letters and now a phonecall from the national student survey when they offer absolutely no way of opting out. And why do they need my phone number?!

One email is fair enough, but they should just take the hint (or give me some way of telling them).
amac

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Quoting dunqn from 16:32, 14th Mar 2007
I got a call from them last night. They'll be greeted with an abusive message and a hang-up tone for every time it happens again.

The same or different abusive message each time?
papercutheart

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Quoting papercutheart from 16:50, 14th Mar 2007
Quoting dunqn from 16:32, 14th Mar 2007
I got a call from them last night. They'll be greeted with an abusive message and a hang-up tone for every time it happens again.

The same or different abusive message each time?

I vote the same. More likely to become monotonous for them.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board