Home

TheSinner.net

Fanboy!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Fanboy!

Postby Nigel on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:30 am

Deleted.
Nigel

Re:

Postby Nigel on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 am

Deleted.
Nigel

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 am

Oh, don't be a cunt.

1. David was telling us that Mr Cameron was indeed using public transport.
2. David was a massive help during the elections, I was on the campaign team by which we got Mr Hunt elected.
3. He enjoys, and is good at his job. What a fucking crime, eh?

It's really time to David get on with his life. There were 5 years to Bean-bash while he was here.

I do hope this thread is deleted.

[hr]

Set your goals way too high so I can laugh when you fail.
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:24 am

If people will put stuff like that in the public domain they can only expect it to be commented on. I'm sure David's big enough to handle it.

Figuratively.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby d_24 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Egoistical twat.
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby David Bean on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 pm

Well, it's good to know that the Sinner is now handing out guest accounts for the sole purpose of counting the number of Students' Associations in the country and then slagging me off - a better use of bandwidth I couldn't possibly imagine.

However, exnihillo is correct, in that I actually find this quite amusing - though what exactly it is that motivates a person to post an attack on the contents of my Livejournal on another public forum I happen to use remains to be explained. What's this about rose-tinted spectacles, tho' - since when has levity been a crime?

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:16 pm

D'you know what, Nigel?

Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.

So why don't you just BUGGER OFF you spineless cretin.

As for the moderators of the Sinner, I am appalled that you let this thread through as it clearly is in breach of the user terms etc- clearly aimed to insult one person, designed to degrade and upset. I am disappointed.

Sinner - how low can you go?

[hr]

The only way to avoid trouble is to BE trouble :)
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:16 pm

D'you know what, Nigel?

As for the moderators of the Sinner, I am appalled that you let this threat through as it clearly is in breach of the user terms etc- clearly aimed to insult one person, designed to degrade and upset. I am disappointed.

[hr]

KateBush

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 pm

D'you know what, Nigel?

As for the moderators of the Sinner, I am appalled that you let this threat through as it clearly is in breach of the user terms etc- clearly aimed to insult one person, designed to degrade and upset. I am disappointed.

[hr]

KateBush

Re:

Postby Pan on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:18 pm

David's ace, leave him alone!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:20 pm

For all that politically (and I'm very big on the politics) David Bean and I agree on pretty much nothing, I have found him to be one of the nicest and most genuine people I've met, especially in his right-wing end of the world of student hackery. Maybe that's what snarky people like Nigel object to, eh?
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:33 pm

Aye. Lay aaf wor Davey boy - he's alreet.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Nigel on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:38 am

People use the sinner to comment on all sorts of stuff from around the world - why question when someone comments on livejournal? Your livejournal amuses me - it's a great read.

I never said levity was a crime, and I meant every word about being happy for you. Seriously.
But what is your secret to being so upbeat all the time? Is it the drugs?

Katebush, it's admirable that you stick up for your friends so vehemently, it really is. If you've interpreted the post as being insulting, I'm the one who is disappointed. It was intended to be a light hearted appraisal of someone else's view of life, followed up by a few pleasant comments with a positive attitude.

I agree with exniliho - if you put something in the public domain, you should expect people to criticise it, and I don't think "aww, he's a nice bloke" is a good enough excuse not to. You can be the nicest bloke in the world, but if you publish ridiculous tosh on the internet, I think other people should be told about it so they can have a laugh too.
Nigel

Re:

Postby sweet on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Mr Bean - why Lord Rosemount?

Anyway, whilst Nigel (whoever he may be - no clue!) did suggest that David was self-aggrandising on his public journal and had rose tinted spectacles, calling him a "cunt" or a "spineless cretin" is disproportionate in my humble.

Edit - oops first post looked sarkier than intended.
sweet

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm

David Cameron does take the tram, but he has a chauffeur driven car following behind it to carry his particular brand of green-tinged moral highground.

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby David Bean on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Well, Nigel, I'll take your post at face value and answer your question.

When I post to my journal, what I post is almost entirely dependent on my mood at the time - if it wasn't, it wouldn't be authentic, and I wouldn't be comfortable with that. Generally, though, I'll only decide to post if I'm in a good mood, because if I'm not I'll probably not be able to face doing so. Which should go some way to explaining the optimistic tone of my recent posts - go back a little further and you'll find it's not all sweetness and light (not that I'm seriously inviting further discussion here of my private life).

However, I was thinking about this earlier today, and, yes, I do think that I tend to take a more optimistic view of the world than a lot of people, and as far as I'm concerned that's because I just prefer to dwell on the ppositive rather than the negative. If, say, on the one hand I was annoyed at the Government's latest attempts to hijack our civil liberties, but on the other hand my job was going well, I'd prefer to contemplate the latter because it would make me happier for more of the time, which means I'd be more inclined to post to my Livejournal about it. Alternatively, whenever I am ruminating on the seemingly unstoppable onward march of the nanny state or what have you, I'm usually too depressed to want to post about it. Some people do the opposite, and draw their energy from whatever happens to annoy them - I just don't, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

But again taking your post at face value, your original posts do to feel to me to be insulting, and as I'm the object of it I think I'd probably be in a fair position to judge that. For a start the headline, 'Fanboy', is pejorative, and the suggestions you go on to make about claims I'm supposed to have made about my role in the recent elections/my job/my claims to public speaking prowess are not, at least out of context, supported by anything I've actually said, and do not in any case represent the way that I actually feel. Enough people have said enough frankly rather nasty things about me in the past, and my journal is that little part of the internet where I get to tell my side of the story. The truth, from my point of view and which I've always tried to put across there, is that whilst I've made as many mistakes as anyone else may have, my ultimate aim has only ever been for the good of the people I've worked and cared for, and I'd like to think that any ill that I've done, or any good that I've failed to do, will in the grand scheme of things have been outweighed by a considerable margin by the good I've done. That's what I care about, and that's why I'm hurt by this sort of attack.

Sweet: the title of my journal is a reference to a fan fiction/roleplaying 'game' I used to participate in many years ago: it's the name of a character I used to play, which became the name I generally use online. I registered on the Sinner under my own name because I decided fairly early on that I didn't want to be the kind of person who said things on here that I wasn't prepared to put my name to, but if I'd chosen a 'handle' in the traditional sense, it would have been Lord Rosemount.

[hr]

David Bean

Re:

Postby Senethro on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:29 am

hurr durr hurr durr too many words and egos on this thread
Senethro

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:34 am

Well, before this thread degenerates, let me just say that I've only answered what's been asked of me, and I certainly never asked for the thread to be started.

[hr]

David Bean

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting Senethro from 01:29, 29th Mar 2007

hay Senethro sup lol? Been missing your comments :(
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:42 am

Quoting Senethro from 01:29, 29th Mar 2007

Hay gusys, wherez teh Wolf?

as for fanboy being a pejorative, that's a new one for me.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board