Home

TheSinner.net

Getting romantically involved right before end of term

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Getting romantically involved right before end of term

Postby kitty on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 am

Is it worth it? If you were to get involved with someone, would you expect it to really go anywhere or just expect it to be a brief spring fling to distract you from your finals?

Personally I can't decide. I would like to get together with someone, but is it worth it at this time of year? Even if you are going to have a fling it's much easier to do when you don't have things like exams going on. That's why summer flings are so good.
kitty

Make hay while the sun shines.

Postby Bonnie on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:19 am

Is it worth it? If you were to get involved with someone, would you expect it to really go anywhere or just expect it to be a brief spring fling to distract you from your finals?

Personally I can't decide. I would like to get together with someone, but is it worth it at this time of year? Even if you are going to have a fling it's much easier to do when you don't have things like exams going on. That's why summer flings are so good.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby fluffy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:11 am

i got together with my boyfriend in march last year, and we got pretty close before the end of term. still going. and i love him more than anything. so go for it. if its meant to be you'll work at it.
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:45 am

I got to together with a girl around March in my 2nd year and we found it pretty tough due to exams and stuff (she was also looking at repeating 2nd year which is never any good!), saw each other twice over the summer and broke up by December. Wouldn't have done it any other way though, still miss her! :o(

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Mutley on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:12 am

Quoting kitty from 01:40, 16th Apr 2007

I got together with my girlfriend when i was a mere first year and she was sitting her 4th year exams, 4 years later we are both graduated and still together. We both had the same sort of questions. My advice go for it - if your smart you'll pass your exams anyway and what is sucess if you have nobody to share it with.

[hr]

So how is life, love and the endless pursuit of happiness?
So how is life, love and the endless pursuit of happiness?
Mutley

Re:

Postby beeny on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 am

I got together with my boyfriend in April last year and we both agreed it would end before summer - that it would just be a fling. We're still together now after a change of heart at the last minute and even though I'm repeating 1st year now. I wouldn't have done it any other way. It's up to you whether it lasts or not, just make sure you're both clear at the beginning (and all the way through...) or someone will end up hurt.
And if you do stay together, remember how important time over the summer together is.

[hr]

'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting beeny from 10:49, 16th Apr 2007
And if you do stay together, remember how important time over the summer together is.

[hr]

Studies suggest train journeys are a good use of this time; especially when accompanied by foul, obscure snack foods from Cyrillic-using Eastern European nations.

And a certain Family Guy quote alarm.

Edit: And a McZorba too.

How many inside jokes can I condense into one post? :O

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby beeny on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 am

Quoting Mehmsy from 11:24, 16th Apr 2007
Quoting beeny from 10:49, 16th Apr 2007

[hr]

Studies suggest train journeys are a good use of this time; especially when accompanied by foul, obscure snack foods from Cyrillic-using Eastern European nations.

And a certain Family Guy quote alarm.

Edit: And a McZorba too.

How many inside jokes can I condense into one post? :O

[hr]

You're right. Bananabum is the glue that holds relationships together. Fo' shizzle. That and 26 hour train journeys :S

[hr]

beeny

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:36 am

Not to mention the unforgettable pizza-flavoured crocodile shaped crisps.

[hr]

Mehmsy

Re:

Postby beeny on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting Mehmsy from 11:36, 16th Apr 2007
Not to mention the unforgettable pizza-flavoured crocodile shaped crisps.

[hr]

and yes! and sport chocolate. hahahah we should really just start a new thread.... :O

[hr]

beeny

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:47 am

Or being splashed by a bus on a Warsaw bridge because someone forgot to tell us there was something incoming...

Or perhaps an overly large pizza force-fed to an unsuspecting victim?

But yeah. I think the obvious answer you can gather from this is that if it's going to work, it'll work through summer.

[hr]

Mehmsy

Re:

Postby beeny on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 am

Quoting fluffy from 08:11, 16th Apr 2007
i got together with my boyfriend in march last year, and we got pretty close before the end of term. still going. and i love him more than anything. so go for it. if its meant to be you'll work at it.

are you the same fluffy who got hair dye on some new boyfriend's shirt?
man, i'm confused now...

[hr]

beeny

Re:

Postby smellysocks on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 am

Quoting kitty from 01:40, 16th Apr 2007

i think it really depends on the situation. if you get together now and decide to stay together over the summer you have to be prepared to make the effort to see each other & feel that you can trust the other person while you're apart. if for example one of you is going away for the summer then i wouldn't recommend it. every situation is different. personally i've not had much luck with long distance relationships!
smellysocks

Re:

Postby Brian on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm

I kinda got together with someone just before exams last year and we had fun - studying together in the sun actually got me a lot more work done cause I was happy whilst doing my work.

During the Summer we never saw each other, and when we got back we never stayed together - we went our seperate ways.

Doesn't make it any less fun.
Brian

Re:

Postby fluffy on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:36 pm

yeah that was my account but twas my girlfriend using it (she won't join sinner for reasons of it causing way too much procrastination).
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:19 pm

I got together with my girl in the March before exams in first year. I only failed one exam and that was my fault from the lack of work in the semester. Even with barely seeing each other in the summer we survived and went on to do it all over again the summer after. It is more than possible. Just as long as you can make the effort to stay in contact ie daily phonecalls and texts and occasional visits if possible.

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby big_phil on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:49 pm

I got with my girl near the end of April last year and we are still together now a year on and I've never been happier. If you want it to work it will.
big_phil

Re:

Postby Ragamuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:08 pm

I reckon go for it.
After all, what have you got to lose?
(Assuming you know the other person is interested of course, if not there's the potential loss of self respect that comes with horrible rejection...)

[hr]

We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here and we want them now!
We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here and we want them now!
Ragamuffin

Re:

Postby kitty on Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks everyone, it's nice to have a little perspective.
kitty

Return to The Sinner's Main Board