Home

TheSinner.net

Now this is starting early!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Now this is starting early!

Postby chief_gobbo on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:12 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi ... 566855.stm

Now I know people get irratated by IDing but surely something has to be done to stop 11 year old getting booze?
chief_gobbo

Re:

Postby MacMan on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:40 pm

That is fairly old compared to what happens in my area (Ayrshire, SW Scotland). Very young kids drink alcohol there, I'm talking age 6 to 10.
MacMan

Re:

Postby Gealle on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Unfortunately, I concur. I'm in Kilmarnock. It's alcoholic pre-ned central.

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Lid on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:06 am

Fife Police were probably grateful of something to do.

Though, then again, when I've reported crimes in the past, they've branded them 'unimportant' and 'trivial' - I despise having to point out to those supposedly upholding the law that one crime reported no more or less trivial than the next.

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:28 am

What the hell is an 11 year old doing out at 10pm? Surely the parents should have a responsibility. I'm all for the police taking them home but think they should invoice the parents for the equivalent taxi fare. (God I'm getting all Daily Mail in my old age...)

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Gealle on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:57 am

Quoting flossy from 10:28, 20th Apr 2007
What the hell is an 11 year old doing out at 10pm? Surely the parents should have a responsibility. I'm all for the police taking them home but think they should invoice the parents for the equivalent taxi fare. (God I'm getting all Daily Mail in my old age...)

[hr]

Yes, the parents should have the responsibility. But have you actually looked at the common person on the street nowadays? Be lucky if they could remember their child's favourite colour... Let alone know where they are of an evening

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

Gealle

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:11 pm

The alarm was raised by concerned locals at about 2200 BST on Saturday after they spotted a large group of youths gathered at the old weather monitoring station.

Why is there so much youth paranoia in this country? It baffles me.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 pm

Quoting Mehmsy from 18:11, 20th Apr 2007
The alarm was raised by concerned locals at about 2200 BST on Saturday after they spotted a large group of youths gathered at the old weather monitoring station.

Why is there so much youth paranoia in this country? It baffles me.

Children and weather monitoring stations are a surefire recipe for disaster.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby MacMan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:07 am

Old weather monitoring station? I have one of those which I saved from a disused site a few years ago. West of Scotland Water gave me the equipment and about 2 weeks after I removed it they flattened the whole site while building a new dam for a reservoir.

I just hope the weather equipment at said station is not getting vandalised, but knowing neds these days it wouldn't surprise me if they were breaking the thermometers etc. At least the mercury will take them down!
MacMan

Re:

Postby graemematt on Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Yeah, I'm from Ayr and it's all the rage here too. I played for an ice hockey team and one of the U-12 age group players within the club came to a match completely wasted at 2pm in the afternoon...
graemematt

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:56 pm

'Mon the Ayrshire lot at St Andrews!

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...

Gealle

Re:

Postby MacMan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Here here!
MacMan

Re:

Postby womble chris on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:58 pm

stop people who don't particularly care about having children from having them. replace the lack of future workforce with eastern european workers.
womble chris

Return to The Sinner's Main Board