Home

TheSinner.net

graduation press and t-shirt

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

graduation press and t-shirt

Postby tg on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:49 am

What does it mean, on the graduate application form, when it asks if you want to be included in a) the press, and b) the T-shirt?

The press, i'm guessing, refers to the local rag or whatever, but whats with the T-shirt?
tg

Re:

Postby Jos Dad on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:11 am

Quoting tg from 07:49, 26th Apr 2007
What does it mean, on the graduate application form, when it asks if you want to be included in a) the press, and b) the T-shirt?

The press, i'm guessing, refers to the local rag or whatever, but whats with the T-shirt?

A company does a "Class of '07" t-shirt with the names of graduates of the year on it. Data protection probably requires the Uni to ask permission. You have to buy the t-shirt separately. There will be a stall at graduation garden party probably. Might be worthwhile as a memento, although I don't know if Jo ever received hers.
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Idealist on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:01 am

The press actually refers to a list of graduates from all of the major universities in the country which is printed in the national newspapers.

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:03 am

Yeah I ticked my name in both, they managed to get my name on the tea towel, but not in the national press!

Oh well at least it kept my grannies happy :)

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby steerpike on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:01 pm

Quoting Idealist from 10:01, 27th Apr 2007
The press actually refers to a list of graduates from all of the major universities in the country which is printed in the national newspapers.

[hr]

But do they publish your degree classification too??

[hr]

Nothing is easier than to condemn the evildoer, nothing is harder than to understand him.

F.Dostoevsky
steerpike

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Quoting steerpike from 14:01, 27th Apr 2007

But do they publish your degree classification too??

[hr]

Nothing is easier than to condemn the evildoer, nothing is harder than to understand him.

F.Dostoevsky

I wish the uni published everyone's classification automatically. this way it might make people work harder, and would mean employers could easily check on the uni site what classification someone has - might cut down people lying on CV's

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby romantic on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:41 pm

I don't know about St Andrews, but at the university where I did my undergraduate degree they would only put peoples names in the graduation lists, however, people with first class honours had a * besides their name.
romantic

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:15 pm

I don't think they publish your degree classification here anymore. They used to - when I graduated you could look and see what degree everyone had. It's a shame they stopped it.

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

IMAGE:www.boarhills.f2s.com/ff.gif

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby Charlie on Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 pm

They don't publish degree classifications for St Andrews graduates - so if you get a first no one will know unless you brag to them! They don't include classifications in the graduation ceremony either.
Charlie

Return to The Sinner's Main Board