Home

TheSinner.net

Weird?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Weird?

Postby Lily on Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:49 pm

Has anyone else noticed, that in St. Andrews there tend to be three types of people? There are the so called normal people who are able to be known for their accomplishments, etc. but who when drunk go absolutely wild, yet somehow it's never noticed. Then there are the 'weird' ones who are slightly odd and do tend to get strange looks going down the street but yet remain reasonably anonymous. And then there are the REALLY weird ones. I claim to be a member of this group and therefore hope not to cause anyone offense. These are the people who are known for happening to be singing at Celine Dion at the top of their lungs on South Street into a spoon while still perfectly sober. Or the people who hang underwear from their windows. Also, these are the people who, when dumped, don't get the, 'It's not you, it's me,' we get, 'It's not me, it's you'. Now, after having been told that I'm one of these multiple times,I began to notice that many times the so-called normal people, are also the ones who get drunk and stick their noses up other people's bums, or sit on Market Street contemplating life while asking passers by if they have any spare ice cream on hand. Now I have to ask myself, are there really any normal people in St. Andrews, or are we all just a town of freaks pretending to be normal? And expanding on that thought, what is worse, being a freak, or being a freak pretending to be normal? Just a thought.
Lily

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:08 pm

Oh well such is life. If we were all the same it would be boring and if we were all boring it'd all be the same. See it works both ways. Maybe im a closet member of your merry little group or maybe i just need professional help. We ARE a town of freaks. I'd agree with that statement. I mean we're goin to be draggin around an elderly gentleman this afternoon where else could you get away with that kind of craziness i ask you?! I love this place.

Re:

Postby Zen on Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:06 pm

yeh true, I love St A's madness too. I never really noticed it toooooo much until I had friends over to stay who pointed out that really people camping in the corridor, running around outside in feather boas or dancing down the street in a large chef's hat wasn't the normal everyday thing they experienced at their universities. I have been told frequently that I fit into the REALLY WEIRD category due to my non drunken exploits (I don't drink yet still manage to get up to all sorts of strange things)and my desire for everyone to join me on a pyjama outing, c'mon guys it'd be fun!!
Zen

Re:

Postby ambigous on Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:57 pm

or turf an entire melville corridor for the expressed intention of playing 5 a side football.
ambigous

Re:

Postby Zen on Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:46 pm

he he you crazy melvillians
Zen

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:55 pm

We prefer the term "deranged alcoholic crazy folks".
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby RRankin on Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:52 pm

Singing Celine Dione into a spoon? I feel very sorry for the spoon having to put up with celine dione songs...
RRankin

Return to The Sinner's Main Board