Home

TheSinner.net

Stewart Room

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Stewart Room

Postby Improv on Tue May 08, 2007 11:37 am

Can anyone tell me where the Stewart Room is please? Thank you!
Improv

Re:

Postby Kempy on Tue May 08, 2007 11:52 am

It is round the side of Younger Hall, through the gates heading towards Sallies, its in a door in the side of YH and down some stairs, I'm sure there is a thread on the sinner with directions to all the exam venues
Kempy

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 am

Every bloody exam period. Does no one have initiative these days?

[hr]

Get off my internet.
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby pompom on Tue May 08, 2007 3:44 pm

Quoting Steveo from 12:59, 8th May 2007

[hr]

Get off my internet.

Surely asking on The Sinner is using one's initiative?
pompom

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm

Couldn't the University change the exam location's name to "Stewart Room, Younger Hall", and save everyone some trouble?

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue May 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 16:45, 8th May 2007
Couldn't the University change the exam location's name to "Stewart Room, Younger Hall", and save everyone some trouble?

Do you honestly think that would work? People still ask every session "Where is Gateway Seminar Room 3?" It's in the Gateway, you morons.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Ashley on Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Déjà vu, I think. This comes up every year, doesn't it?!

[hr]

Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 pm

How do I find out what initiative is?
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Orcas on Tue May 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Google. hth
Orcas

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Tue May 08, 2007 10:29 pm

Quoting Ashley from 22:27, 8th May 2007
Déjà vu, I think. This comes up every year, doesn't it?!

[hr]

Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day

Twice a year, usually.

[hr]

DrAlex

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Tue May 08, 2007 10:38 pm

Quoting Steveo from 12:59, 8th May 2007

What do you mean "these days"? I didn't think it ever existed around these parts.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue May 08, 2007 11:09 pm

The mind boggles. What did people do before the Sinner was founded? Did they actually have to go and find out for themselves? Dreadful.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue May 08, 2007 11:22 pm

[madcap-daftness-of-the-sinner-mode]The grey-stuff addles! What did people do before telephones! They couldn't just phone and ask where things were! What about before the intrawebz! We'd have had to go to the department and find it out in person! What about before animals could walk on land! How on earth would the students have coped then!?[/madcap-daftness-of-the-sinner-mode]

Asking where it is is perfectly acceptable IMO. A quick and easy option. The path to the darkside, perhaps. But if that's the case I'd ask what the hell people are doing on the sinner and not sending smoke signals/speaking in person to each other in a proper forum. Or to go only half-way with the analogy: pinning notices to a physical message board held somewhere locally in St Andrews for interested persons to frequent and peruse at their leisure.

Sometimes you lot make me wonder...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 am

All very well, but it seems to have fostered a sense of laziness in some people. Why go searching for the information yourself when you can post on the Sinner and have someone do it for you?

The Union of course takes rather the opposite tack. Internets? Internets be damned! There's more content management system than content on the website, and for example, you're forced to go in person to the general office to pick up documents that could be put online in seconds using the PDF they were printed from in the first place. I refer you to this thread in which people seemed to suggest that information could either be disseminated by e-mail or on the website, but not both: http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... read=28181
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby James Shield on Wed May 09, 2007 2:20 am

Quoting Fawksie from 01:19, 9th May 2007
The Union of course takes rather the opposite tack. Internets? Internets be damned!

Worry not, the Union internets will be getting a bit of a rejigging over the next year. First comes a re-organisation of the structure, then more content will be put in. Speaking of internet rejiggeration, I'm interested to see what the University's new website will look like tomorrow...
James Shield

Re:

Postby god_hand on Wed May 09, 2007 11:33 am

That'll help! Perhaps some kind of map might be in order.

It's hardly an unreasonable question! I've been here nearly two years, and have never needed to go to the Stewart room, or the old union diner. Or for that matter, any of the other obscure little rooms they seem to get kicks out of hiding around the town. What do they do with them during term time? Presumably SOMEONE out there uses them. Or do they just leave them to sit there and gather dust between exam periods?

[hr]

http://kincadeontheoldcourse.blogspot.com/
god_hand

Re:

Postby maenad on Wed May 09, 2007 12:04 pm

I have an exam in the Psychology Old Library and I have no idea where that is. I mean, why would I? I roll my eyes when people ask where rooms are and get two helpful replies and 15 'Omg this gets asked *every* time!!'s.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Quiet, you.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Wed May 09, 2007 12:42 pm

Quoting maenad from 13:04, 9th May 2007
I have no idea where that is. I mean, why would I?

Because there are directions: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/registry/ex ... tions/view

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed May 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Or if you will, http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/registry/ex ... tions/view
because the Sinner doesn't actually work. And that link will likely stop working tomorrow when the University website goes down the tubes.
Fawksie
Administrator

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board