Home

TheSinner.net

Worst Fear

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Worst Fear

Postby beeny on Tue May 15, 2007 2:04 pm

It's exam time and to save me straining my brain with revision, I thought I'd post on the sinner.

I had an idea recently for an awesome party - Room 101 and you come dressed as your worst fear (an idea Mehmsy later jacked for a thread [img]littleicons/yellowtounge.gif[/img]- bastard). Anyway, thinking about that has made me wonder, what is everyone's worst fear?

Mine is definitely, definitely whales. I can't even look at pictures without being a little frightened :S

[hr]

'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Re:

Postby Garnet on Tue May 15, 2007 2:10 pm

flying - i don't fancy dressing as a plane

-it's an interesting idea, seems like it could be a laugh, although i wonder how many people you would get dressed as the usual fears like spiders etc

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby The Bitter Historian on Tue May 15, 2007 2:12 pm

Spiders. Those fuckers are frightening as hell, whatever size or type. Someone once showed me a picture of Clock Spider (Google it. I'm not going for it again) and I quite genuinely had nightmares.

In second place, though, it's anything that's too big with too many legs. Centipedes, cockroaches and scorpions are pretty high on that list. Ugh ugh UGH.

[hr]

http://bitterhistorian.blogspot.com

Life. St Andrews. Budgeting. Some history. Mostly bitterness.

The Bitter Historian

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue May 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Losing my mind. As in, going insane. Yep.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby ParisInTheAutumn on Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Quoting The Bitter Historian from 15:12, 15th May 2007
Spiders. Those fuckers are frightening as hell, whatever size or type. Someone once showed me a picture of Clock Spider (Google it. I'm not going for it again)

[hr]

clock spider - even the name seems kind of weird and creepy, i think i'll resist looking it up.
ParisInTheAutumn

Re:

Postby Idioteque on Tue May 15, 2007 3:07 pm

Quoting parisintheautumn from 15:48, 15th May 2007
Spiders. Those fuckers are frightening as hell, whatever size or type. Someone once showed me a picture of Clock Spider (Google it. I'm not going for it again)

[hr]

clock spider - even the name seems kind of weird and creepy, i think i'll resist looking it up.

Good plan. I saw the top of one of the pics then thought better of it - was freaked out enough by that point!

[hr]

Ah, there's no justice like angry mob justice
Ah, there's no justice like angry mob justice
Idioteque

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Tue May 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Decided that I have to check these fearsome spider out, so I duly headed to the relevant wikipedia page.

I am now sat in gales of laughter to the worry of my housemates, after having read the section at the bottom of the page, titled "Sound production in mating rituals".

"The males anchor themselves firmly to the surface onto which they have crawled and then use their legs to vibrate their entire bodies"

Ok, I think that the exams are definitely going to my head now :D
thebrookster

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue May 15, 2007 3:23 pm

Dying alone.

And now I'm off to re-style my fringe.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby fluffy on Tue May 15, 2007 3:31 pm

EEEEEEEE
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... %26hl%3Den

[hr]

dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Re:

Postby beeny on Tue May 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Now I don't like real-life-right-next-to-me spiders. They're ew... (Like when there's one above a doorway and you're thinking, 'I can't go through the door cos I'll be near it and it might jump on me etc etc'. Oh MAN, I HATE that!!)

But seriously. Don't whales freak anyone else out? I mean, have you *seen* the size of the bloody things??!

[hr]

beeny

Re:

Postby Orcas on Tue May 15, 2007 3:44 pm

Heights. I think I'm more afraid of the falling aspect of them though. Even the pier is enough to make me really nervous.

And fluffy, did you [i]really[i]need to post that link?
Orcas

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue May 15, 2007 3:48 pm

I'm going out on a limb and guessing no one has ever had this particular combination of fears but...

Moths
Daddy long legs
Graveyards

*shudder*

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby orudge on Tue May 15, 2007 3:49 pm

I always thought of whales as rather nice creatures.

I'm not a fan of various creepy-crawlies (although spiders are alright). I particularly detest daddy-long-legses.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Pan on Tue May 15, 2007 4:06 pm

Moths are nasty things. Esp the giant ones. And those pictures of those spiders are making me very nervous. ewww.

But my worst nightmare is eyeballs.

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 pm

Spiders. They're my worst enemy, and the coolest things on Earth. If I die and get reincarnated I hope it's by a spider and as a spider!

They're bloomin' terrifyingly 'orrible, but on the other hand...they're ravishingly brilliant. I wish I was a spider...haha, flee in terror humans, for it is {SPIDER FRANK!}

Or not. I think an idea that scares me is dying pointlessly. I'm not terribly scared of *dying* as such, but the idea of dying before I do anything useful/interesting/helpful for anyone/the world is a bit...offputting.

Going crazy?

{DON'T MIND IF I DO! WAAAHABLOOGABAOOO!}

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2s2NELcpXc& ... ed&search=

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Rilla on Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm

gremlins.

[hr]

Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Needles and surgical procedures. Can't even watch injections on TV programs anymore.

And spiders, but only big horrible ones like tarantulas; I'm not scared of little ones that crawl into the bath.
Malcolm

Re:

Postby mhuzzell on Tue May 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Being embalmed.

The idea of someone draining all of my dead fluids and replacing them with toxic preservatives to keep my body unnaturally fresh-looking makes my skin crawl, makes me feel ill, fills me with terror.

[hr]

I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
I FOUND JESUS... he was behind the couch the whole time!
mhuzzell

Re:

Postby the_leish on Tue May 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Spiders. Those fuckers are frightening as hell, whatever size or type. Someone once showed me a picture of Clock Spider (Google it. I'm not going for it again) and I quite genuinely had nightmares.

In second place, though, it's anything that's too big with too many legs. Centipedes, cockroaches and scorpions are pretty high on that list. Ugh ugh UGH.

[hr]

I just Googled the Clock Spiders (Huntsman) and they can grow up to 11 inches (35cm). [img]littleicons/crying.gif[/img]They are massive, and they can be found in England. But not Scotland, thankfully. I hope never to encounter one...

[hr]

Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
the_leish

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue May 15, 2007 4:49 pm

I take it they're found reasonably far south in England? I've got this image in my head of huge spiders being stopped at Hadrian's Wall by some sort of special patrol, possibly the A Team.

[hr]

IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/58288716/4933128
thePontificator

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board