Home

TheSinner.net

Make Me Jealous

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby maenad on Tue May 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Three weeks seeing friends in the US, six weeks doing People to People, three weeks chilling at my parents', three weeks on a course in Greece. Funding provided by my summer job and a decent sum which I got for basically indulging in my hobby on a message board - not bad.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Quoting threekings from 13:50, 13th May 2008
theekings are all going to hawaii together

Cool - which island? I want to go back...

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

IMAGE:www.boarhills.f2s.com/ff.gif

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070

queen of scots

Re:

Postby Thackary on Wed May 14, 2008 12:30 am

For the start of the summer, I'll be walking further and further each day, so I'm not absolutely knackered by the time it gets to the 78 mile walk.

I've already started walking to and from work (one way each day to start off with, building up to ditching the car altogether).

I'm climbing Scafell the week after next.

Anyone want to go walking (perhaps with a hill) in mid June or early July?

[hr]

[s]In July of this year I shall be walking 78 miles in 6 days in aid of the Joseph Salmon Trust, a charity founded by my friends in memorial to their son Joseph who died aged 3 in April of 2005. Please look at the link below for further details and consider sponsoring me. Thank you.
Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/thedaleswalk (please mention 'Oli' in the comments when donating)
http://www.thejosephsalmontrust.org.uk [/s]
Thackary

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 14, 2008 1:05 am

Everyone on this thread enjoys anal from goats.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby threekings on Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 am

Quoting queen of scots from 19:55, 13th May 2008
Quoting threekings from 13:50, 13th May 2008
theekings are all going to hawaii together

Cool - which island? I want to go back...

[hr]

IMAGE:www.boarhills.f2s.com/ff.gif

Oahu for a week then DMC is heading off to Maui on his own, u wanna join? you can talk about history and stuff
threekings

Re: Make Me Jealous

Postby bdw on Sun May 17, 2009 9:20 am

Come on then - what are your plans for the summer? As ever, I have no chance of a glam holiday (it's strictly living on a building site for me) so here's your annual opportunity to boast about your fancy travels or compare crap summer plans!
bdw

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Sun May 17, 2009 11:02 am

I'm going on a pre-graduation break in Fort William for last-gasp Scottish tourism with some fellow soon-to-be graduands, then grad week, then I start work on 1 July!

Probably should have planned a holiday at some point this summer... The only day I've booked off so far is October 26 for the Dublin marathon!
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Sun May 17, 2009 11:44 am

A trip to Nashville
Maybe a trip to Houston
Maybe a trip to Dubai
Maybe a trip to Portland, OR
Maybe a trip to JUST DRIVING NORTH UNTIL THE ROADS STOP

The last two are for fun. The first three for work.
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Postby orudge on Sun May 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Sticking around St Andrews for June, perhaps with a few side-trips here and there around Scotland, then heading out to Brazil in July for a month. :)
orudge
Administrator

Postby fluffy on Mon May 18, 2009 7:48 am

I'm working nine weeks teaching sport in an EFL school (Bell International) at £370 a week (cushy) but have to sign a 48 hour disclaimer so i'm thinking lots of work.
then doing a PGCE primary *sigh* v different from st andrews life....
that still leaves me a week at the end of the holiday to book a last minute vacation somewhere...
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Postby Duggeh on Mon May 18, 2009 10:18 am

Cousins wedding. Graduation. Grad Ball. 2 wisdom teeth taken out. 2 weeks on a canal barge with the family. Trip to the states in September. With any luck back here to start an MRES after that.
Duggeh

Postby the Empress on Mon May 18, 2009 7:51 pm

A bunch of plant and bird id classes and my project, including the epic digging of 40 soil pits through spoil .. .visiting a friend in Manchester who's luring me with Bill Bailey tickets . . . . . and a trip to Ed for the festival:) Annnnd, probably some soul destroying admin work. But I can dream . . . . . *g*
the Empress

Postby Garnet on Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm hopefully going to get a job for a few months at a supermarket to pay off debts. I am graduating and I've got a place on the japanese government teaching programme. So I have a few days down in London in July for training, so I will do some sight seeing then. Then at the end of July I am going to Tokyo for a few days and then onto where ever my placement will be. I'm quite exited, although it does keep distracting me from exams.
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Postby Lukey2 on Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 am

Paid undergraduate research intern with the School of IR for up to ten weeks. After that? Hopefully somewhere that isn't St.Andrews...
Lukey2

Postby Freaker on Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Garnet wrote:I'm hopefully going to get a job for a few months at a supermarket to pay off debts. I am graduating and I've got a place on the japanese government teaching programme. So I have a few days down in London in July for training, so I will do some sight seeing then. Then at the end of July I am going to Tokyo for a few days and then onto where ever my placement will be. I'm quite exited, although it does keep distracting me from exams.

Sweet, well done! A friend of mine did the programme this year and loved it. A good place to be!

As for me, a short stint to Hungary and Croatia for city break and beaches and drinking in the sunshine after exams, then a trip up north for a summer solstice festival on Orkney, graduation with the family and grad ball, road trip around Scotland with friends from Germany, and then I'll have a month left to sort out moving to China...
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby Duggeh on Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Freaker wrote:As for me, a short stint to Hungary and Croatia for city break and beaches and drinking in the sunshine after exams, then a trip up north for a summer solstice festival on Orkney, graduation with the family and grad ball, road trip around Scotland with friends from Germany, and then I'll have a month left to sort out moving to China...

How you going about that road trip? Campervan? Tent? Hostels? I want to do something like that (and take in the distilleries *cough*).
Duggeh

Postby MM333 on Tue May 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Duggeh wrote:Cousins wedding. Graduation. Grad Ball. 2 wisdom teeth taken out. 2 weeks on a canal barge with the family. Trip to the states in September. With any luck back here to start an MRES after that.

For some reason I read this as carnal binge... :wacko: I guess I should allow plenty of time to read through exam answers...
MM333

Postby Freaker on Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Duggeh wrote:How you going about that road trip? Campervan? Tent? Hostels? I want to do something like that (and take in the distilleries *cough*).

Probably a mix of getting buses / trains up north to a point, then renting a car for a week or so and staying in a tent somewhere in the wild, or hostels in towns. We haven't really discussed the actual practicalities of it. I have a romanticised notion of road trips in old, shabby cars, the interior of which falls apart enough so that you can put up makeshift beds in them... Pretty sure that's not going to happen. But the distilleries will certainly be part of our route as well.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby schmod on Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 am

Unemployment!
schmod

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board