Home

TheSinner.net

Drunk bastards

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Quoting threekings from 14:09, 24th May 2007
anyone else see those guys in the union last night who were all wearing pink and blue ties? they all seemed totally off their faces, but up for a good night at the same time. lots of people could learn from their behaviour

Were those guys you, by any chance?
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby threekings on Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 am

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 16:52, 24th May 2007
Quoting threekings from 14:09, 24th May 2007
anyone else see those guys in the union last night who were all wearing pink and blue ties? they all seemed totally off their faces, but up for a good night at the same time. lots of people could learn from their behaviour

Were those guys you, by any chance?

nope, the three kings were elsewhere, lizard mainly, although DMM was passed out by 8.30. some of the tie boys were our accomplices though....
threekings

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 am

Quoting LonelyPilgrim from 01:31, 24th May 2007
Drunk bastards aren't confined to St Andrews. About three weeks ago, on a Saturday at 3am, our neighbors to the north (we live in the country but the houses to our north are relatively close-by) decided it was a great time to start playing music so loud that it shook our windows, despite our respective houses being about 100 metres apart.

The police were called, but since one of the gentlemen who lives in the offending house is a policeman, they naturally did not respond.

Then, another set of our neighbors decided that, "Hell, if they are going to have a party, we might as well, too" and since these chaps are a heavy metal band, they broke out their drums et al and really started going at it.

The police were called again. This time they came, and told the various folk to be quiet, then left.

The parties naturally resumed, and merged. Then these shining examples of what is best of humanity decided that drunkenly firing guns into the air at 4.30am would make them sexy or something.

The police were called again, but since they'd already 'Taken care of it', they did not respond.

About 5am at least two, but possibly more of the individuals involved decided to have really loud and obnoxious sex on their lawn, while their friends began riding dirt bikes, drunkenly mind, up and down the road, shouting the whole way.

The police were called, yet again. This time when they came, the partiers decided to shout obscenities at the officers and throw things at them. They were all arrested at this point and taken away, but the entire neighborhood had already had their night's sleep ruined.

And to top it off, two days later they were all released from jail and have spent several hours almost every day since riding up and down the street shouting on their dirt bikes. Granted, it's been during the day and there haven't been any more parties, but it's still bloody irritating.

[hr]

Arma virumque cano...

Holy shit, where do you live?. That sounds like Bedlam!.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby inshaala on Fri May 25, 2007 11:42 am

About once a month some drunken monkey during the week (normally on a tuesday night as boozeday and bins night coincide) decides that it would be funny to kick some of the bins over. And of late normally waking me up as i havent done a boozeday properly in a while and been up and about ofr going home time.

One time this guy decided to kick EVERY bin over from one end of the street to the other whilst being loud and obnoxious... i stuck my head out the window to shout at him for being a dick but didnt really need to as most of the windows on the street had heads popping out yelling at him. His reply was something along the lines of "Go forth and multiply you female genitalia"...

[hr]

Ich will dass ihr mich versteht
inshaala

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 10:48, 24th May 2007
did any of this occur in the union, by any chance?

Of course it did, between the drunk bastards, and the horrific smell of body odour that was once covered up by smoke (which is more deadly?), I've frequented the Union a lot less this year.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby bdw on Fri May 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Quoting humphrey from 11:08, 25th May 2007
Holy shit, where do you live?. That sounds like Bedlam!.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/

This from a man who (please correct me if I'm wrong) used to live in Nottingham? Would have thought that would just be background music in the meadows.[img]littleicons/wink.gif[/img]
bdw

Re:

Postby pea on Fri May 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Knowing how the Bop/Main Bar can get on any Friday night, let alone on the last Bop of the year, as yet I am not looking forward to the monumental amount of tits that will be out tonight (in more ways than one). My solution is to be as drunk as possible, so the elbowing, drinking spilling, spilling drinks on people, shoving into people, skipping at the main bar etc arseholes can all become a blur and I will not care, I will just enjoy my last ever Bop. Of course there is always be the risk that I won't get to the level of drunkeness where I just don't care, in which case it makes it all the worse.

[hr]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri May 25, 2007 6:03 pm

Of course, the most surefire way to not be annoyed by people being rude, drunk and obnoxious is to make sure that you're more rude, more drunk and more obnoxious.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby theflirt on Sat May 26, 2007 4:26 pm

The bop was bloody ridiculous last night! I went to the bar in venue 2 and this stupid blonde, small, culry haired witch was actually physically pushing me and the guy in front, to simply get to the bar quicker!

IT DOESN'T MAKE THE BAR STAFF SERVE ANY QUICKER!!!!

The guy infront was getting really pissed off and asked her what she was doing, she was like "oh sorry, I'm not trying to get infront or anything" and then proceeds to stick her arm between me and this guy so she could be touching the bar...WTF?!?
So I moved back to make some room and then she pushed me even harder....like seriously, GROW UP and be patient!!!!!!

[hr]

oh pants
oh pants
theflirt

Re:

Postby novium on Sat May 26, 2007 5:10 pm

I have to agree. So many people were pushing and shoving...the ones behind me were pushing so much that everyone was shoved up against each other. All that did was make sure that we all got up close and personal, and made it harder to leave. Definitely did not speed things up. And then there was all the shove-your-way-in "cutting" (well, there's no real line, but you know what I mean). After narrowly managing to stave off several such maneuvers during the never ending wait...well, it felt like quite an accomplishment to actually reach the bar! Right up til the end, it was a struggle-the people behind me attempted to elbow their way in front of me when the guy in front of me left the bar, but I managed to head them off. hurray. And then, when everyone was so eager to push on forward that I couldn't get out, I managed by suspending the hard won glasses over their heads and saying, "if you let me out, you can move forward". Surprisingly, no one jostled me when I did that :-P

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat May 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Quoting novium from 18:10, 26th May 2007
And then, when everyone was so eager to push on forward that I couldn't get out, I managed by suspending the hard won glasses over their heads and saying, "if you let me out, you can move forward". Surprisingly, no one jostled me when I did that :-P

That is one thing that I seriously do not understand and cannot abide. If you get off a train at Dundee (and it happens here more than at any other station that I've been to) you can guarantee that there will be a horde of people on the platform trying to get on as soon as the doors open, regardless of the fact that there are just as many people inside the train trying to get out.

People can be inexcusably dense at times.

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Sat May 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Humphrey,

I live outside a small city in Indiana, USA. The sort of behaviour I describe used to be extremely uncommon, but we have two new sets of neighbors and unfortunately, it's somewhat par for the course now. Although, that particular night was worse than usual. I suspect that it was due to the fact that it was Cinco de Mayo.

[hr]

Arma virumque cano...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat May 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Ah yes, that well-known Hoosier celebration...

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby inshaala on Sun May 27, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting novium from 18:10, 26th May 2007And then, when everyone was so eager to push on forward that I couldn't get out, I managed by suspending the hard won glasses over their heads and saying, "if you let me out, you can move forward". Surprisingly, no one jostled me when I did that :-P

I tend to go with the line "Push me and get these drinks spilt over you"... works a treat every time...

[hr]

inshaala

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sun May 27, 2007 7:18 am

My favourite "get out of my way" line was uttered by a man at a concert whose nose had begun to bleed.

"I HAVE AIDS!"

[hr]

DrAlex

Bump

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 pm

I'm drunk again. Sorry.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby novium on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 am

it was a carrot-and-stick kind of situation. The threat of a drink spilled on them; the prize of moving closer to the bar.
Quoting inshaala from 03:50, 27th May 2007
Quoting novium from 18:10, 26th May 2007And then, when everyone was so eager to push on forward that I couldn't get out, I managed by suspending the hard won glasses over their heads and saying, "if you let me out, you can move forward". Surprisingly, no one jostled me when I did that :-P

I tend to go with the line "Push me and get these drinks spilt over you"... works a treat every time...

[hr]

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Fionnlagh on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Quoting cain from 18:19, 26th May 2007
Quoting novium from 18:10, 26th May 2007
And then, when everyone was so eager to push on forward that I couldn't get out, I managed by suspending the hard won glasses over their heads and saying, "if you let me out, you can move forward". Surprisingly, no one jostled me when I did that :-P

That is one thing that I seriously do not understand and cannot abide. If you get off a train at Dundee (and it happens here more than at any other station that I've been to) you can guarantee that there will be a horde of people on the platform trying to get on as soon as the doors open, regardless of the fact that there are just as many people inside the train trying to get out.

People can be inexcusably dense at times.

[hr]

Clearly you've never been through Canary Wharf at 6 o'clock on a weekday!

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37102526&l=9f7bca06b0
Fionnlagh

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Fionnlagh from 18:33, 6th Jul 2007
Clearly you've never been through Canary Wharf at 6 o'clock on a weekday!

True

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:24 am

More to the original point; ran into this lowlife I used to go to school with last night. I'll spare the details; but it just goes to show; they know what they're talking about when they say Uni matures you. Bunch of bloody Neandethals

[hr]

Exclusive to The Sinner, and all other fora.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board