Home

TheSinner.net

Drunk bastards

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Drunk bastards

Postby novium on Tue May 22, 2007 11:41 pm

Are really annoying. And there were so many of them out tonight. And apparently some of them couldn't think of anything better to do than to smash up a bunch of glasses next to the bikes at tesco. My bike, which I had chained up there, now has two flat tires...and I am very sad.

So what stories do you all have to tell about drunk bastards? Now is the time to vent! to rant! get it all out there.

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Tue May 22, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm a drunk bastard right now...though I didn't break anything, promise.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby graemematt on Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 am

Tonight's bop, there were some real drunk bastards, deliberately pushing and holding onto each other so they can work as one fucking ridiculously annoying unit. I dont get it...sure it was busy but why do people have to go and piss others off by being intentionally provocative, and furthermore, copiously drunk?

Some people seriously need a reality check. Even on the way out from the union, people were pushing the whole crowd trying to get out, which just caused some people to get crushed against others, who were unimpressed. I can understand being drunk, but cant you keep it to your group?? Sake.
graemematt

Re:

Postby Idealist on Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 am

Well...on the night before my last exam (Thursday night) there were some very loud, very rude and very inconsiderate people making their way up City Road very very slowly. They stopped outside my house (my room faces the road) and must have decided between them to make as much noise as humanely possible.

After being yelled at and reasoned with by other nearby residents, they still decided that it was entirely justified to continue yelling, singing and yabbering at 3am during the exam period.

Of course, they very considerately eventually moved on in their own time, leaving me to sit my final exam having had about 2.5 hours sleep.

What really annoys me is the fact that Fife police are making a big song and dance about insociable behaviour. This seemingly includes relatively quiet bonfires on remote areas of the beach but not drunken retards disrupting students during the most important time of the year, and of course local residents particularly the old folks home - which I'm surprised has any old folks left!

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Wed May 23, 2007 1:10 am

Quoting Idealist from 01:36, 23rd May 2007
What really annoys me is the fact that Fife police are making a big song and dance about insociable behaviour. This seemingly includes relatively quiet bonfires on remote areas of the beach but not drunken retards disrupting students during the most important time of the year, and of course local residents particularly the old folks home - which I'm surprised has any old folks left!

The Regs warden said at dinner tonight that she'd phoned the police three times last night, and they never came once. This was regarding the outrageously loud party in the flat right next door to hers, keeping her awake to 3am and beyond.

So it's inconsistent and patchy at best.
Malcolm

Re:

Postby MacMan on Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 am

The Police will only really respond to minor problems on Friday and Saturday nights as that is when there is loads of them about in town. Other days they won't come at all or will come after a very long wait. We were having problems with violent, unwelcome guests in hall last week and when the Police were called they took about half an hour to turn up, by which time the intruders had scarpered.
MacMan

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 23, 2007 9:31 am

That is crazy. Did you emphasise the "violent" part? If you did they should treat it as an emergency surely?

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Garnet on Wed May 23, 2007 9:58 am

My room is infront of the bins at albany park, which has a big pile of junk beside it, consisting of: mattresses, fridges, chairs and odds and ends from apartments. This must seem very inviting for drunks to play with, but the police have came a few times. The problems is they come, the drunks go away for ten minutes and then come back.

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby novium on Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 am

On closer inspection, now that there is light enough to see, I have realized that the drunk bastards did not accidentally puncture my tire by smashing glasses against the pavement. No, even worse, they took off the cap and let all the air out of the tire. Why?

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed May 23, 2007 2:42 pm

In an amazing double-barralled incident, a drunk bastard pretended to know me and, upon shaking my hand, attempted to pull me towards him so his friend could slip in front of me in line (he did not succeed, as I was sober/didn't have the IQ of a glass of water). Why is his need for the bar more pressing than mine?

In a similar manouvre, a shot of red After Shock was spilled completely down my arm (that stuff is really sticky, by the way) and a drunk bitch attempted to blame me for the drop that got on her shoe, and then insist that the "chivilrous thing to do" would be to buy her a drink. Flabergasted, sticky and smelling of cinnamon, I presented my soaking arm and I told her where she could stick it If chivilary is dead, girls like her killed it.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed May 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Quoting novium from 12:00, 23rd May 2007
On closer inspection, now that there is light enough to see, I have realized that the drunk bastards did not accidentally puncture my tire by smashing glasses against the pavement. No, even worse, they took off the cap and let all the air out of the tire. Why?

Way to stick it to the man. "Society is so burned."

[hr]

DrAlex

Re:

Postby fatboy on Wed May 23, 2007 2:50 pm

My friends and I were messing around in the castle at about 2am and we discovered a couple having sex. Wouldnt call them drunk bastards but its a funny story.
fatboy

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 pm

people in the bop were annoying last night, but then they always are, I think it's because they have no fear of getting glassed in the face like they would in most cities for some of the shit they pull here - and get away with cause it's sleepy st andrews and there aren't any psycho's about.

I think it's better to have a few rude dicks than have the forementioned violence in clubs though.

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 am

Drunk again. And hicoughing.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Thu May 24, 2007 12:31 am

Drunk bastards aren't confined to St Andrews. About three weeks ago, on a Saturday at 3am, our neighbors to the north (we live in the country but the houses to our north are relatively close-by) decided it was a great time to start playing music so loud that it shook our windows, despite our respective houses being about 100 metres apart.

The police were called, but since one of the gentlemen who lives in the offending house is a policeman, they naturally did not respond.

Then, another set of our neighbors decided that, "Hell, if they are going to have a party, we might as well, too" and since these chaps are a heavy metal band, they broke out their drums et al and really started going at it.

The police were called again. This time they came, and told the various folk to be quiet, then left.

The parties naturally resumed, and merged. Then these shining examples of what is best of humanity decided that drunkenly firing guns into the air at 4.30am would make them sexy or something.

The police were called again, but since they'd already 'Taken care of it', they did not respond.

About 5am at least two, but possibly more of the individuals involved decided to have really loud and obnoxious sex on their lawn, while their friends began riding dirt bikes, drunkenly mind, up and down the road, shouting the whole way.

The police were called, yet again. This time when they came, the partiers decided to shout obscenities at the officers and throw things at them. They were all arrested at this point and taken away, but the entire neighborhood had already had their night's sleep ruined.

And to top it off, two days later they were all released from jail and have spent several hours almost every day since riding up and down the street shouting on their dirt bikes. Granted, it's been during the day and there haven't been any more parties, but it's still bloody irritating.

[hr]

Arma virumque cano...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu May 24, 2007 12:37 am

LonelyPilgrim, you've just described to a tee my neighbours at home, their general behaviour and the inability of the police to give a fuck. I'm sorry I'm not the only one who has to put up with it.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby SchizophrenicCabbage on Thu May 24, 2007 9:20 am

Some drunk imbecile decided it would be absolutely hilarious to smash the glass panel on the fire alarm in New Hall on Monday night... at 2.30am. If you're reading this, Mr/Ms I-Love-Fire-Engines, thanks an F-ing lot. My 9.30am exam was a hoot.
SchizophrenicCabbage

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 am

Quoting DrAlex from 15:42, 23rd May 2007
Shortened for convenience - stuff about drunk bastards

I don't want to jump to conclusions, so I'll ask: did any of this occur in the union, by any chance? The number of Fridays I've just had to stop queueing for a drink (that I probably didn't need, but hey) on account of my blood pressure being regularly edged higher and higher by tossers of varying calibres is hilarious. The tossers, however, aren't.

I just remembered a story! I was out with a female flatmate of mine, and the hockey team were out. They were drinking and merry, clearly out on the lash and were as a team fine. Two members noticed aforementioned female flatmate, and came over. One started talking to her on one side, whilst the other came up to me, elbowed me right out of the way whilst asking if he was being rude, then instantly completed this cunning, subtle maneouvre and turned his back on me and his attention on to the pretty lady. They weren't successful, and I'm sure they had no idea we weren't going out, so I tell myself if we HAD been going out there would have been carnage. Or I would have gotten angry and not said anything, being English. (They didn't get anywhere...odd that. I think their method of wooing said strumpet was to ask if she was drunk. She replied in the negative and they seemed to lose interest. Good one lads! Don't offer a drink or anything...)
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu May 24, 2007 10:45 am

Best thing to do after 11pm is ring Cupar police station directly. If a woman / sympathetic man answers, explain calmly that although you can understand people wanting to have fun, you have a baby who's teething and can't get to sleep. Works like a charm.

Otherwise, say you think they're taking drugs.

Drunk twat story: Last night there were some outside my flat and one must have been a diabetic. The others were asking if he'd inject them with insulin to see what happens. And these people are educated???

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby threekings on Thu May 24, 2007 1:09 pm

anyone else see those guys in the union last night who were all wearing pink and blue ties? they all seemed totally off their faces, but up for a good night at the same time. lots of people could learn from their behaviour
threekings

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board