Home

TheSinner.net

Feeling cheated by [b]Lost[/b]?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Feeling cheated by Lost?

Postby Jam-bo on Thu May 24, 2007 12:38 pm

I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't seen the final two episodes yet but I'm feeling very pissed off...

Yet again more questions than answers... in fact no real questions just a load of rubbish.

I'll quite happily donate some cash for part of an air fare for someone to fly over to the states and beat up the producers of that show.

Same goes for Heroes.
Jam-bo

Re:

Postby Freaker on Thu May 24, 2007 12:58 pm

I'm not feeling that very much cheated, really. I'd expected that there would be many more questions yet again. But we tend to forget how many things do get answered little by little as we go along, it's just not that someone points at it and says "figure that".

Without wanting to give anything away - the ending is great to keep the viewers on edge while giving them some idea for what might happen. But then whether that ever implies anything is doubtful - I in fact doubt that the next season will do anything different from what this season did at all.

Then again, it is a developing series. If someone had told you after the season two finale that they'd be at this stage by now, it would have seemed ridiculous...

[hr]

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Re:

Postby Jam-bo on Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 pm

Quoting Freaker from 13:58, 24th May 2007
I'm not feeling that very much cheated, really. I'd expected that there would be many more questions yet again. But we tend to forget how many things do get answered little by little as we go along, it's just not that someone points at it and says "figure that".

I just think season 3 was a waste of time. I want to understand the bigger picture - and that series did nothing for that.
Jam-bo

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu May 24, 2007 4:48 pm

Brian K. Vaughan is now on the Lost writing team. His Ex Machina series is all about cliffhangers and teasing out little parts of plot and backstory bit by very little bit.

I think that it might get worse before it gets better for you.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Thu May 24, 2007 5:23 pm

Lost isn't going to end until 2010.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... lost_N.htm

They're going to milk this story for all it's worth, and I'm guessing that by the end of it it's going to be damn near unwatchable.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 18:23, 24th May 2007
Lost isn't going to end until 2010.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... lost_N.htm

They're going to milk this story for all it's worth, and I'm guessing that by the end of it it's going to be damn near unwatchable.

[hr]

I'm not so sure. The producers and writers have expicitly said they don't want that to happen. They have pretty much said all long that they have a five season story arc, and that they would resist ABC trying to drag it out longer. In the end, they've compromised on a six season run, but the last three seasons, i.e. the next three, will only have 16 episodes each, giving it roughly the same number of overall episodes as a regular five season show.

[hr]

Arma virumque cano...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Thu May 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 18:23, 24th May 2007
I'm guessing that by the end of it it's going to be damn near unwatchable.

I watched one episode during first year just out of curiosity, and thought the exact same even back then.

Maybe I just jumped into the story and thought wtf, and might appreciate it if I paid more attention but I wasn't convinced on that one-off occasion.
Malcolm

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Thu May 24, 2007 6:09 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this season's 2nd half, and the finale was very enjoyable. I think I'm a mindless Lost fanboy though, so ignore me.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby Jam-bo on Thu May 24, 2007 6:33 pm

The last episode was just such an anticlimax. It was like 'here we go, here we go, some answers, just around the corner, almost there... almost theeerrreee.... oh no they've thrown in yet another mundane twist. Twist is being generous.

In the words of Dr. Evil - 'Throw me a frickin' bone here...'
Jam-bo

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Aw, i liked the ending - i definitely wasn't expecting it, it'll be good to see some off the island stuff if they spend an episode on it.

I think there are too many episodes that reveal bugger all but i'm still hopeful that it'll end up alright in the end :-)

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu May 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Quoting Thalia from 20:16, 24th May 2007
I think there are too many episodes that reveal bugger all but i'm still hopeful that it'll end up alright in the end :-)

Or, they could give you all the answers to questions that you haven't yet thought to ask.

Not that I watch Lost.

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby FURY-161 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Well, just watched it and I must say I was impressed. I did guess the twist, but it was still a great suckerpunch.
I look forward to how the ending changes the scope of the series.
For all the criticism, I still find Lost much better than most of the dreck on TV (especially some of the stuff we in the UK fart out - Torchwood, anyone?). Granted, it's no Twin Peaks, but all in all it's very watchable. Looking forward to February.

[hr]

FURY-161
"Anything to feel weightless again"
http://fury161.cjb.net
FURY-161
[i:1sjt1uqn]"Anything to feel weightless again"[/i:1sjt1uqn]
http://youtube.com/user/FiorinaFilms
FURY-161

Re:

Postby novium on Thu May 24, 2007 11:58 pm

ok, so I ran to wikipedia and looked what happened. I've decided I'll not watch lost until it is completely over, and then only if I like the ending.

However...they didn't kill of that person, really, did they? Really?

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Frasier Fan on Fri May 25, 2007 2:00 am

Quoting Jam-bo from 19:33, 24th May 2007
The last episode was just such an anticlimax. It was like 'here we go, here we go, some answers, just around the corner, almost there... almost theeerrreee.... oh no they've thrown in yet another mundane twist. Twist is being generous.

In the words of Dr. Evil - 'Throw me a frickin' bone here...'

If you think that was an anticlimax, you should watch the Heroes season finale! How the writers managed to churn out the season's worst episode when we actually saw the bomb go off is beyond me...
Frasier Fan

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Fri May 25, 2007 3:14 am

I have to say I like the season finale of Lost...and although I watch every episode without fail I wouldn't call myself a fanboy.

I mean mid-season I was so close to just giving up...story lines such as "look what came out this box, it's your dad" made me throw up YOUR dinner.

Some of the latter episodes, however, have been some of the best episodes in Lost. I do beleive Lost has a very Marmite taste to it though - and although I hate Marmite, I love lost.
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri May 25, 2007 9:10 am

*SPOILERS*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

One theory i have is that now they've pretty much told everyone's back stories, they're going to switch to the island essentially being the flashback.

You know like - look at what's happened to the characters, now we'll show you what happened on the island to make them this way.
If this is the case, then they probably won't be rescued by the boat, we'll still be waiting for the escape to happen and hints'll be given to it in the new 'present'. I think this is quite a good idea, i mean they've given us so much information from before the island, it would be good to learn about them after the experience too, if they do it right.

Otherwise, it's probably just some vision of desmonds and he's started seeing jack's life instead of charlie's. In which case, i will feel rather let down.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Sat May 26, 2007 11:31 am

Hmm, just finished watching the finale myself now, I thought it was quite a good episode, although I didn't expect the final "flashback". It didn't answer all that many questions, but I thought it was enjoyable anyway, and I'm looking forward to the next series.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Sat May 26, 2007 3:06 pm

I just found my cock! First time I've seen it in years. You know, I've felt it, but well how was I to know it wasn't just a phantom limb? It's not. Sweet.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board