Home

TheSinner.net

Does anyone ever leave?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Does anyone ever leave?

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm

So, it's that time of year again when another batch of Scotland's finest graduate and bugger off to start new lives etc.

But NO! We know you'll hang around, if not in town then on The Sinner and facebook, desperately clinging on to the dangerously insular community from which you have been heartlessly wrenched by the very institution that drew you here!!

So, I challenge you graduated Sinners: post your farewell message; include obscenities, xenophobic, sexist, deflamatory comments and personal abuse to anyone you feel like offending. Then leave.

Ha! You can't, can you!? It's OK. I still like you.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby househunter on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Tata you complete set of bastards.
househunter

Re:

Postby househunter on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm

No wait, before I go, I wish to mention a secret. There is a patch of clovers near to the Seafood restaurant that has hundreds of 4 leaf clovers, I even found some 5 leaf ones.

Happy hunting, hope you all find some luck!
househunter

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:33 pm

I may be bored enough to check this fact.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Idealist on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:04 am

Seriously??? Wow!!

Anyway, I refuse to say goodbye...a 'see you later' will do for now!!!

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 am

In my opinion, the Sinner is for "anything to do with St Andrews" and I certainly fit into that category.

Oli hasn't been a student for nigh on 27.5 years (approx.) and yet, you allow him stick around.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Lid on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Quoting Bonnie from 05:38, 22nd Jun 2007
Oli hasn't been a student for nigh on 27.5 years (approx.) and yet, you allow him stick around.

That's because if we keep him here, he'll give us the recipe for that secret cream that keeps a 50 year old looking in his late twenties / early thirties.

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby ascii on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:09 pm

I'm gone.
ascii

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:04 pm

I never ever intend to leave. Ever. Even when I'm dead. I might consider seeing if by the time I write my will (if I have the money) to have meself stuffed and put up in glass cabinet as a gift to the physics department. Especially if I fail my degree...

Some sort of morbid reminder...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby kats on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:16 am

I can't psychologically leave St Andrews. It is embedded in my emotional mind. I love the place, I love who I became there and everything I ever do (anything good in any case) will be thanks to St Andrews. For once I actually can thank my parents for being so controlling because I wanted to go to Warwick.... SOOOO HAPPY they wanted me at St Andrews!!!
kats

Re:

Postby KateBush on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:34 pm

You can't get rid of us that easily. Teehee! I agree with the other poster who said they loved St Andrews. I love to keep abreast of what's going on in the place. Besides, once day I may like to come back to live and work in the place. :-)

[hr]

Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Well....after exactly a whole year away - I'm heading back up there on Thursday! And to top it off I'll be staying in my old hall of residence........old habits die hard.
harmless loony

Bitter Sweet

Postby Mutley on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:35 pm

St Andrews was my home for nigh on 5 years, and it seems to have took as much as it gave. So as i watched it disappear from the car mirror as i left today, a rush of bitter sweet feelings came upon me, as i remembered the joys and the disappointment of so many unfulfilled potentials that this place brought about. It is special, though Im not sure i could ever return. Looking back i wish i had just pursued more, especially with those people who make the difference and make this town actually worth what it is. Sadly in my experience the they too like bright potential shone brightly and waned with time.

This is not meant to bring everyone down- i just watched my hopes and expectations that i first encountered in this place finally shatter and fall. So i hope you all have better luck protecting and fulfilling yours!

[hr]

So how is life, love and the endless pursuit of happiness?
Mutley

Bitter Sweet

St Andrews was my home for nigh on 5 years, and it seems to have took as much as it gave. So as i watched it disappear from the car mirror as i left today, a rush of bitter sweet feelings came upon me, as i remembered the joys and the disappointment of so many unfulfilled potentials that this place brought about. It is special, though Im not sure i could ever return. Looking back i wish i had just pursued more, especially with those people who make the difference and make this town actually worth what it is. Sadly in my experience the they too like bright potential shone brightly and waned with time.

This is not meant to bring everyone down- i just watched my hopes and expectations that i first encountered in this place finally shatter and fall. So i hope you all have better luck protecting and fulfilling yours!

[hr]

Mutley

Bitter Sweet

[hr]

Mutley

Bitter Sweet

Postby Mutley on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:36 pm

[hr]

Mutley

Re:

Postby sweet on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 pm

Shut up, that's why :P

Actually while I do love St Andys it's nice to have escaped the bubble, whilst still keeping a wee finger or two still in the pie (excuse the mixed metaphor...)

I'd like to hope that most graduates still keep up with old friends and visit occasionally.
sweet

Re:

Postby novium on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:25 pm

I left once. Then I came back. I am leaving again soon.

But I may get sucked back into this town, someday. it's like a black hole.

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby _ on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:17 am

I left and I haven't been back since. And this was all before I even graduated...
_

Return to The Sinner's Main Board