Home

TheSinner.net

Happy?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Happy?

Postby Mutley on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:21 pm

You all have probably seen this already and it is yet another BBC thread, but it is a rather feel good story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... =wm&news=1

I certainly enjoyed my time at the University.

Edited for Stupidity

[hr]

So how is life, love and the endless pursuit of happiness?
So how is life, love and the endless pursuit of happiness?
Mutley

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Steve Magee is such a legend.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Don on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Brian Lang missed an opportunity to be filmed in St Andrews !!! What is the world coming to?!?!

[hr]

Daz, makes your whites #gggggg
Don

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:10 pm

Way to be, Steve Savage.

An unintentionally hilarious piece of editing: Focus on two attentive life guards, looking up and down beach, cut to ocean, no one to be seen in entire view except one jogger who is no where near the water.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Lid on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 18:10, 1st Aug 2007
Focus on two attentive life guards, looking up and down beach, cut to ocean, no one to be seen in entire view except one jogger who is no where near the water

Tomorrow's headline reads: BBC forced to apologise to the Maritime and Coastguard Agency

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Hilariously filmed, but a cool bit of news nonetheless. I can certainly vouch for that happiness factor.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Yay - happy happy people. But ...

... is it me being unable to count, or do we have three beaches, and not two as the report said.

West Sands,
East Sands,
Castle Sands.

I make that to be three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number of beaches, and the number of beaches shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, accepting that thou shall then preceed to three. FIVE IS RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third beach be reachest, then filmest thou thy news report on St Andrews, which being happy in my site shall get drunk.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting jen the phantom hobbit of the opera from 00:07, 2nd Aug 2007

... is it me being unable to count, or do we have three beaches, and not two as the report said.

Two beautiful golden beaches. Castle Sands isn't as sandy as it could be. Indeed, the rocks hurt my feet every May Dip. I should buy some sandals or flip flops, but I'm too happy to bother myself...

In other news: I really miss St Andrews after seeing that! :( I'm surprised they didn't include Paxman's "How charmingly unwordly" comment in there, it's really quite endearing (IMO)!

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 pm

The Times carried this story today in the 'People' section, using it to take a shot at Sir Ming. Very unsporting.

Incidentally, The Times also carried a story about St Andrews biologists and apes and charades. Go buy it now.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby [James] on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting Bizarre Atheist from 13:39, 2nd Aug 2007
Incidentally, The Times also carried a story about St Andrews biologists and apes and charades. Go buy it now.

This is also the headline on the Science & Nature section of the BBC News website. Well done Dick Byrne.
[James]

Re:

Postby sweet on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Quoting jen the phantom hobbit of the opera from 00:07, 2nd Aug 2007

West Sands,
East Sands,
Castle Sands.

I make that to be three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number of beaches, and the number of beaches shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, accepting that thou shall then preceed to three. FIVE IS RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third beach be reachest, then filmest thou thy news report on St Andrews, which being happy in my site shall get drunk.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.

ROFL

Top quality posting.
sweet

Re:

Postby MrGreedy on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:10 pm

MrGreedy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board