Home

TheSinner.net

Bin Laden's new video

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Bin Laden's new video

Postby Paranoid on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:29 am

Although I don't believe in any of his views or proposed actions, I found it interesting that he brought up the issue of US democracy and its links to corporate and commercial interests...

On that one point alone I have to agree with the tyrant, in terms of US foreign policy I don't think I can ever trust it or them until corporate funding is completely removed from US politics, and on a lesser extent the same goes for the UK (or maybe I'm too naive to notice that corporate funding is just as bad over here!)

Just an interesting exerpt from Osama's latest video I thought was worth highlighting...

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:01 pm

So how would political parties be funded? By the state!? This notion you're suggesting would even prohibit personal donation - we all have our own interests

Quoting Paranoid from 11:29, 8th Sep 2007
Although I don't believe in any of his views or proposed actions, I found it interesting that he brought up the issue of US democracy and its links to corporate and commercial interests...

On that one point alone I have to agree with the tyrant, in terms of US foreign policy I don't think I can ever trust it or them until corporate funding is completely removed from US politics, and on a lesser extent the same goes for the UK (or maybe I'm too naive to notice that corporate funding is just as bad over here!)

Just an interesting exerpt from Osama's latest video I thought was worth highlighting...

[hr]

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:18 pm

We don't know that it's even him, or if it is, how old the tape is. IMO he is almost certainly dead. You cant use cave rocks as dialysis machines.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tb2-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
Duggeh

Bin Laden's new video

Postby flarewearer on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:56 pm

the fact that this clown is still releasing "videos" speaks for itself. Where's the Bin Laden collector's edition box-set DVD with director's commentary and extra Jihad? MOVE WITH THE TIMES BIN LADEN!

Also, how big is that guys nose?
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:23 pm

So it must follow that democracy is inherently flawed?

I'm not saying I believe that, but it seems to be the natural line of thought based on your conclusion there?

On a serious note though, the policing of funding should be more stringent (i.e. limiting amount of donation permitted per person/entity...).

Quoting gealle from 15:01, 8th Sep 2007
So how would political parties be funded? By the state!? This notion you're suggesting would even prohibit personal donation - we all have our own interests

[hr]

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...

[hr]

Paranoid

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:27 pm

It's a man made system; one would argue that it must therefore be inherently flawed, yes.

Quoting Paranoid from 22:23, 8th Sep 2007
So it must follow that democracy is inherently flawed?

I'm not saying I believe that, but it seems to be the natural line of thought based on your conclusion there?

On a serious note though, the policing of funding should be more stringent (i.e. limiting amount of donation permitted per person/entity...).

[hr]

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...

[hr]

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Big X on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:10 pm

[hr]

[hr]

Funky flunky munky...

actually, political parties are partly (a very very small part) funded by the state

[hr]

"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby Jen the Phantom Hobbit of on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 am

Changing the tone a bit, on the news they noted that compared to his last video he 'looked older' but had a beard that was shorter and dyed black. So we know he has access to hair dye! I just wonder
a) why would he need hair dye (he doesn't strike me as a man who is conerned people know he is going grey)
b) how is he getting the hair dye - maybe if they want to find him we should track all imports if hairdye into the region to see if he gets it.
c) if it is the same magic rock that doubles as a dialysis machine that also produces hair dye.

[hr]

The voices in my head tell me I'm not insane ... but everyone else does.
Jen the Phantom Hobbit of

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:42 am

It's been suggested he may be wearing a false beard having shaven, so might be living somewhere in South East Asia.

I don't think corporate funding of politics is the issue; what's important is to establish whether any organisation, be it a corporation, trade union or NGO, is weilding disproportionate influence over the political process - and, of course, whether the electorate ought to disapprove of the policy outcomes (in which case they're free to vote for someone else).

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Raindog on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:34 pm

[hr]

Yes and the State funding of terrorism is much better
Raindog

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Seems Osama Bin ladin is the latest political figure to jump on the climate change bandwagon. In the latest production he said:

'"The life of all mankind is in danger because of the global warming resulting to a large degree from the emissions of the factories of the major corporations, yet despite that, the representative of these corporations in the White House insists on not observing the Kyoto accord."

He should do one of those psuedoscience lectures that Al Gore does with the hyped up computer graphics and the fancy lift, however, on second thoughts, the production values of his videos are far worse than even the bog standard teen blogs on youtube, so it would probably flop. Whoever said that Osama should move with the times is absolutely right. In movies like the James Bond series, when the supervillain releases a provocative broadcast threatening to blow up the world or some other shenanigans, they usually bring out something with sophisticated computer graphics manic laughter and special effects. The best special effect Bin Ladin has managed to come up with in seven years is to dye his beard black. If Glasgow neds and scouse yobs can edit and produce semi-professional looking movies and post them to youtube, why can’t the head of Al Qaeda?. To make matters worse, he also seems to have been reading Chomsky!.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby MrGreedy on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:09 pm

So Bin Laden needs better special effects eh?

This oughta do the trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66LehVnnIY
MrGreedy

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting MrGreedy from 23:09, 10th Sep 2007
So Bin Laden needs better special effects eh?

This oughta do the trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66LehVnnIY

It's rather worrying to see that the most recent comments on that clip seem to actually think it's real, and not a joke. Grand.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board