Home

TheSinner.net

Warehouse!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Contact admin@thesinner.net to request a permanent account.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby novium on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:05 pm

consider me still very skeptical.

[hr]

Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Rocky on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Skeptical about what?
Rocky

Re:

Postby Frank on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Quoting Rocky from 18:09, 7th Nov 2007
Skeptical about what?

The existence of PlATinum BeLt BUckLes!

No, I think the point is that people doubt the Warehouse's existence. Similar in vein, I suppose, to the Skeleton Key (can't remember the proper capitalisations) proposal on here a while back.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby Fionnlagh on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Quoting warehouse from 19:39, 6th Nov 2007

I also don't get this 'listing the owner's name, the registered company name and number' etc. I can't think or find a single club website that has the owner's name on it. As for the rest, it is being worked on, and the details will be available. I don't really know why people are so interested in this, and not asking any questions about the actual venue though.

Maybe because it's part of the e-commerce and distance selling regulations, which I would imagine will apply? (though I'm no lawyer)

See http://www.designspring.co.uk/articles/e-commerce.htm

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37102526&l=9f7bca06b0
Fionnlagh

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Anyone For Tennis? on Bell Street looks like the kind of place that might sell plAtiNUm bElT bUckLEs. Can anyone confirm?
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:47 pm

I don't think it does. I don't think plAtiNUm bElT bUckLEs count as fancy dress or vintage clothing..
Al

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:58 pm

I don't see Anyone for Tennis selling platinum belt buckles. But you should go in and spent all of your money there anyway.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Raindog on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 am

Erm i heard that is was a dyslexic pimp that was opening the warehouse....erm har de har.
Raindog

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm

So where are we going to get our plATiNuM BeLt BUCkleS from? My trousers are going to fall down!

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby warehouse on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Frank: Other (regular?) users of the site have confirmed it's existence and said that they've seen the place when it was getting re-fitted out. I'm not sure what more proof you want other than coming to the venue yourself to check it out.

Fionnlagh: To be honest, I'm no lawyer either. I don't think that the distance selling regulations apply to us, but I will check it out and get back to you on that one. All those contact details that are mentioned on your link will be put up on the site when the website designer gets round to doing it, but we're very busy at the moment and it's not really top of our priority list. My point is that on other 'club' websites, no one lists the owner's name and while some list the details from your link, not all of them do.

I have no idea what sort of crack you lot are smoking when you talk about platinum belt buckles but just to be clear, don't be bringing your drugs to our venue! (or your belt buckles - do you know how much platinum is per gram??)
warehouse

Re:

Postby warehouse on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Nelson: Sorry, I've realised I missed replying to your post! I'm not sure what your knowledge of St Andrews is like, but there is another venue similar to ours on the other side of town called Kinkell Farm. Our aim is to run in the same way as Kinkell, holding events that people book and nights that they want to run themselves (for example, if you wanted to put on a night there, you could come to us with your idea and we'd give you a price to run it). We're running this first night ourselves to publicise the venue and get people up there, and hopefully from that we'll start getting people wanting to use the venue for their specific use (societies, hall parties etc etc). Events will be open to the general public I guess - it depends on what the person who has hired the venue wants to do with it.

We differ from Kinkell Farm in that we offer a full package. We supply the bars, the lights, the sound, the decor (although we can change it to suit your use) the security, the toilets, etc etc, so that all you need to worry about is selling tickets. Kinkell Farm generally just offer a venue with nothing in it, you have to get the lights and sound yourself.

The opening hours are subject to the type of event and what we get given by the licensing board when we apply. There is a general rule of thumb that nothing happens after 2am, or 3am if you're incredibly lucky in my experience.

Thanks for your comments. We also this this is what St Andrews is missing, which is why we've done this. A nightclub isn't what we're thinking, but if someone hires the venue and runs a music/dj night in it, I guess it would be a nightclub for that event! The point of our location is that we don't have local residents, so we don't have those issues.
warehouse

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Quoting warehouse from 22:11, 7th Nov 2007
Frank: Other (regular?) users of the site have confirmed it's existence and said that they've seen the place when it was getting re-fitted out. I'm not sure what more proof you want other than coming to the venue yourself to check it out.

This still feels like being invited to Neverland to 'check it out', but my doubts are alot less than they were. Anyhow, to resolve the SKEleTon KeY PlaTinUM BelT buCKLeS issue: Main/thesinner/24093

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby Fionnlagh on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:08 pm

Quoting warehouse from 22:11, 7th Nov 2007
Fionnlagh: To be honest, I'm no lawyer either. I don't think that the distance selling regulations apply to us, but I will check it out and get back to you on that one. All those contact details that are mentioned on your link will be put up on the site when the website designer gets round to doing it, but we're very busy at the moment and it's not really top of our priority list. My point is that on other 'club' websites, no one lists the owner's name and while some list the details from your link, not all of them do.

Thanks for the reply, although no need to get back to me. I don't live in St Andrews anymore and so don't really care, I was just feeling helpful. And to be helpful once again, the regulations apply "if you sell goods or services to consumers by the internet or phone". As you have a buy tickets section (which I know is not working yet) on your website, I am pretty sure they will apply.

All the best with your new business.

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37102526&l=9f7bca06b0
Fionnlagh

Re:

Postby Anyone For Tennis? on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Quoting Fawksie from 21:27, 7th Nov 2007
Anyone For Tennis? on Bell Street looks like the kind of place that might sell plAtiNUm bElT bUckLEs. Can anyone confirm?

I'm afraid there's a real lack of plAtinNUm bElT bUckLEs in Anyone For Tennis? just at the moment - but what a splendid idea for Christmas presents, I'll be sure to look into getting some in.... But in the meantime Mr Comedy feel free to pop by Bell Street and invest in some new trousers.
Anyone For Tennis?

Re:

Postby Freaker on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 pm

Five days until the official opening and party, and www.warehousestandrews.co.uk still doesn't work? No new information on the webpage, either?

Are they at least actively advertising it around St Andrews?

[hr]

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Quoting Freaker from 14:32, 19th Nov 2007

Are they at least actively advertising it around St Andrews?
To my knowledge, no. But isn't this opening night an invite-only dig?

[hr]

Also, some years later:
Frank

Re:

Postby eagle on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:04 pm

I think so, yes.
Quite a small affair (I haven't been invited - yet)
eagle

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Nope:

http://standrews.facebook.com/event.php?eid=13804990367

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby warehouse on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 pm

The site was always http://www.warehousenorth.co.uk

The admin changed the initial post to www.warehousestandrews.co.uk because although the warehouse north site was up, it wasn't in the DNS servers (I think that's right?) yet, and so people couldn't access it.

If you look at www.warehosuenorth.co.uk, or the link to Facebook that munchingfoo has put up, you'll see all the details. Plus, it's not invite only!
warehouse

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board