Home

TheSinner.net

Ad on Facebook

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Ad on Facebook

Postby d_24 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:11 pm

http://uk.applydataentry.com/

Saw an ad linking to this up on Facebook. It looks very shady and too good to be true but for the life of me I can't detect the catch. You get a lot of these "zOMFG!! i liek totally make $7829376 PER HOUR from ma desk!!1 Give me MONEEEZ and I tell u how!" things on eBay so naturally I'm very skeptical. What's the consensus, Sinnerites?
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby Freaker on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Personally, I would never trust a website that uses hazy screenshots or lacks command of the english language:

Members have reported earning money after 5 minutes of joining and with the $100 account bonus, your already in profit!

[hr]

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Re:

Postby orudge on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 pm

"When you register, you will only pay a ONE TIME FEE of $49 for the Keystrokes 4 Cash Basic Package."

This'll be how they make their money, I presume. Whether the "Keystrokes 4 Cash Basic Package" is any use is another matter - it's possible the information it contains will help you make money, but it's equally possible it'll be a pile of crap.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby d_24 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting orudge from 20:40, 26th Nov 2007
"When you register, you will only pay a ONE TIME FEE of $49 for the Keystrokes 4 Cash Basic Package."

Yep there it is, must of missed that, thanks. The hallmark of a total con, the only money making here is the bloke who gets sent the $49 by complete idiots in return for a useless pdf of common sense.
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby Pedant on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:58 pm

must HAVE.
must HAVE.
must HAVE.
Pedant

Re:

Postby Freaker on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:19 am

It may well be that this works in one way or another, since there seems to be a way to make money once you have the package - but it is likely this is just another one of those packages where you in turn have to try to convince other people to buy the same thing off you again, and that is how you make money.

I've always been intrigued by those things. The best I've seen was a few years ago, something about buying five different booklets from different people that came at different prices. You'd pay to receive the first, then advertise that somewhere so other people would buy it, and replace the current "seller information" for book one at the bottom with your own info, moving everyone else's names up by one "booklet level". At some point you could buy the second one, and since there are five of them, there's always five names at the bottom for whom to contact to get the next booklet. Once you'd be done, you'd have spent money for five booklets, but your name would be on exponentially many lists at varying places (the people who would continue after they bought it from you would have your name second, so as the seller for the second booklet, then the next generation booklet that their buyers send out lists you as seller for the third, etc.) The way it was advertised was so you'd think you'd spend the cost for each booklet once - but get an ever-increasing number of sales of all those books from what you sent out initially. It sounds like a great plan - the only problem being that it solely relies on other people believing this would work. And you'd soon notice that you can only win while someone else loses, and if you're not the one to win enough, you've just not made it. Still, completely pointless, but quite tempting.

And just a word on the one other big scam that's out there, stuff like botcandy and the like. Those programs are of dubious legality, creating a network of webpages with google ads that reference one another and visit one another and hope to get people trapped in their ads. I'm sure google isn't too happy with all this, and for a starting price of a few hundred dollars for the programs, I really don't think it's worth it.

[hr]

Freaker

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 am

Man, I love a good pyramid scheme. They are actually fairly easy to make money from:

1. Set up a pyramid scheme
2. Set up a LOW, LOW, LOW! registration fee of, say $100.00
3. Set up a website, nick some pictures of people drinking champagne, and then explain you now make over $200,000 easily, only working 30 minutes a day - from the comfort of your own home!
4. Get a load of gullible buffons to sign up.
5. Persuade said gullible buffons that they'll make money - e.g. $1.00 - for every person they get to sign up.
6. Wait for the cash to roll in

This is somewhat different from the established career path to a $200,000 a year a salary:

1. Go to school
2. Work your arse off
3. Go to university
4. Work your arse off
5. Join a company
6. Work your arse off, get promoted
7. Repeat steps 5-6 for 20-30 years

Welcome to the Win Zone.

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 pm

I saw this a few weeks ago and read up on it with the help of my friend Google. Turns out to be (surprise, surprise) a total scam! Who knew?!

Re:

Postby Skeve on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:29 pm

I paid $49 and made $75 in about 1 week. I guess I could make more if I worked harder but it gets unbelievably boring. I think I'll quit.
Skeve

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Ho ho ho!

I saw an advertisement for a "Custom Essay" website yesterday afternoon. Can't find the link though. Does anyone else know the one I'm talking about?

[hr]

BY FIRE; BE PURGED!

http://www.myspace.com/tauntra
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby orudge on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:16 am

I believe there was a discussion about such sites recently. Somebody may have the energy to dig up the link to it.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Return to The Sinner's Main Board