Home

TheSinner.net

Important

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:26 am

Fucking right! Yuo si lal my hos!

[deliberate]
Prophet Tenebrae

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Man gets job for money!

Postby Oceania on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:42 am

Darshy...(ahem)...baby,

It would seem that you have got yourself in a bit of a sticky situation and I find myself pondering this question.

Do you know why?

The general perception is, erroneously or not, that whilst people with positions on the SRC hold little power (I shall take your word on that issue) they seek out and cultivate their positions for one reason alone.

Prestige.

Unfortunately for you, whilst I am sure your title will be a bonus with prospective employers (whoever they may be), it seems that this prestige is all but non-existent as regards your peers.

The very fact that they are your peers is probably the reason for this - people will inevitably feel some animosity towards someone who seeks to elevate themselves above the throng.

Is that why the majority of postings seem to be so openly hostile?

I don't believe so.

I suspect it has more to do with the aggressively defensive tone of your postings.

The way in which you seemingly challenged people to get to know you (reminiscent of a challenge to step outside) was a little ham fisted but laudable in your position.

So why the change of heart?

You wanted people to get to know you and now that some kind souls have been altruistic enough to share their experiences and knowledge of you in the most efficient way possible you balk under the spotlight.

I say again, why?

You should be pleased, this is what you wanted, you wanted people to know of your existence. You wanted them to know that you have been working on a web page since you were elected and it might just, maybe, be finished before the year is out.

May I humbly suggest that before you make anymore postings in reply to something or other someone has said that you stop, take a deep breath, go make yourself a cup of tea and respond in a manner more befitting your position. I can not help but dislike the way you talk to people – as I say, it is aggressively defensive – take a leaf out of the books of Prophet Tenebrae or Amaunet. I have found them to be nothing if not charming and witty* (despite having no idea who they are).

As a final word I can only recommend that you forget about this whole sorry affair – it has escalated to this point because, despite your protestations to the contrary, it seems you really can not stand to be criticised publicly (and there is no shame in that – just try to remember to put some distance between the real world and the electronic ramblings contained herein) and feel the need to scratch at the inevitable irritation of this rash like thread.

*[except for that last post by Prophet Tenebrae – that was retarded]
Oceania

Re:

Postby Amaunet on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:57 am

Aww, thanks- ive come over all warm and fuzzy now, that the sweetest thing someone's said about me on here.

[hr]WESTLEY
Hear this now: I will come for you.
BUTTERCUP
But how can you be sure?
WESTLEY
This is true love. You think this happens every day?
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how"

Gone with the Wind
Amaunet

point accepted

Postby Darshybaby on Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:03 am

Oceania - i take your points and i am sorry if, my responses were seen to be aggressive. .I shall take your advice.

Sorry again - and i actually mean that.

Darshan
Darshybaby

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:04 am

Oceania: When you're totally awesome 99% of the time, you have to be slightly less awesome 1% of the time.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Oceania on Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:06 am

No problem, though I hope you've had better in real life

(P.S. To the two people who I do actually know I know who post on here - though only one of you knows I know I know I know - I think your witty too but I though it would be a bit cloying and sycophantic to say so. Plus I like the whole anonimity thing.)
Oceania

Re:

Postby Oceania on Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:50 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 02:04, 13th Mar 2003:
Oceania: When you're totally awesome 99% of the time, you have to be slightly less awesome 1% of the time.

On the awesome-ometer what would you say you are?
Oceania

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:37 am

All of the above?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:25 am

Mr Bean, Darshan is not funny. Having someone in a tutorial saying that the subject you are studying is worthless and that he's 'only there for the credits' is highly immature. Not funny.

[hr]'When I finally got down off the radiator and went out to the hat-check room, I was crying and all. I don't know why, but I was. I guess it was because I was feeling so damn depressed and lonesome.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:25 am

Being called Mr Bean, however, is funny.

[hr]'When I finally got down off the radiator and went out to the hat-check room, I was crying and all. I don't know why, but I was. I guess it was because I was feeling so damn depressed and lonesome.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

RE: Awesomeness

Postby Cain on Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:31 am

"too much of a good thing is... an Awesome thing!

But too much of an awesome thing is... really... really stupid."

Strongbad
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Ashley on Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:45 am

Ahh.. Strongbad. Maybe we should start a thread to reflect on such awesome observations.

By the way, the two times Darshan has ever spoken to me, both times he was electioneering.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:02 am

"When you're totally awesome 99% of the time, you have to be slightly less awesome 1% of the time."

Prophet, I thought we had discussed this rampant egomania! Remember the mantra you were going to use when you were tempted to write sentences like the above? It was:

"I am Prophet. I am not that important."

[hr]We are near waking when we dream we are dreaming.
Al

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:15 pm

But everyone loves my faux arrogance, secretly or otherwise.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:42 pm

[s]rubbermuffin wrote on 09:25, 13th Mar 2003:
Being called Mr Bean, however, is funny.

Point ;)
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Apologies

Postby Darshybaby on Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:43 pm

Right, i have slept on all this and decided that i should apologise. I am sorry if i came across defensive but personal comments can hurt. I do not like it when things like this turn into personal slagging matches, because it is not productive.

Secondly, to FLuke, Cola Cube and Rubbermuffin - I apologise for my behaviour to you guys personally. I do not mean to come across as I do to you - so I will take on board what you think and change myself.

Just one thing though - I realised that many perceptions of me, might be formed during Debates - where performance is key - and i am under pressure to often argue for the side, i personally do not believe in and try and be funny. This can make me sound like a right tit, and I have said that myself, and even apologised several times in Debates for it.

Even so, lets start again and I apologise, obviously i have done something and not meant it but even so, I will try not to annoy you guys.

Sorry again.

Darshan
Darshybaby

Re:

Postby kensson on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:11 pm

I for one am willing to accept that Darshan wants to do his job. Yes, he has been rather quiet since he was elected, but he is at least trying now.

I'd like to know - not having trawled through pages of insults and counter-jibes- what Darshan has planned for his next few months of SRC, beyond setting up online forums and trying to get first years to contact him.

[hr]My policy towards the USA remains one of regime change
kensson

hey there Kensson

Postby Darshybaby on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:21 pm

Thanx for understanding - yeh the online forum is a big part of my job It's hard to confine myself just to first year because any changes for first years, will also make a difference to other years. So, the idead i have are quite wide in their outcome.

See the forum, will allow first years to contact me and allow me then to represent their views to SRC etc. There is no point in me saying, I am going to do this and that, when what I should be doing, is letting the SRC know, what the first years want themselves. So do you see how important this forum is. It bridges the gap between the Association and the Students.

Secondly, I am going to tackle the issue of safety in town - mail me and ill mail you back, my plans. If they work, it should make the town much safer.

So, essentially, an active role is most important now - even though First Year Reps are pretty nominal positions on the SRC, I am sure with a loud enough voice, things can get done. Its better to try, than not to.

The reason, I have been quiet so long, is because it takes some time to understand how SRC works, and was occupied with other issues, including the whole Debates debacle. That was hectic, especially round December and January. Then the exams came round. In all time has just flown. But i have been doing things in the meantime - most often on a more personal level, helping first years out etc.

I know, this is not much but it means something to me and I am trying my best, whilst taking part actively in University life too.

So Kensson, feel free to mail me and I would love to discuss ideas further with you. My email is ds38 or ext 4745.

hope that answers stuff.

Cheers

Darshan
Darshybaby

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:29 pm

Unless your plan for improved safety involves the removal of all Neds - I can see a flaw with it. The Neds.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:31 pm

Unless your plan for improved safety (by removing the annoying ones there will be less drunk rage) involves the removal of all Ya's - I can see a flaw with it. The Ya's.
Pussycat

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board