Home

TheSinner.net

Shannon V Maddie

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Shannon V Maddie

Postby Big X on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:47 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7262199.stm

seems like no one in the press gives a toss about this girl compared to maddie.....i wonder why:

1. broken home
2. working class family

at least her family actually seem to be rather upset my the whole thing/actually have emotions.

[hr]

"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby 777 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:58 pm

I understand the McCunts are now feeling the other family's pain, publicly, of course.

[hr]

You're not pinning it on me - I didn't did it!
I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread today but when I looked again it said 'Thick Cut'

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 am

Quoting 777 from 23:58, 25th Feb 2008
I understand the McCunts are now feeling the other family's pain, publicly, of course.

[hr]

You're not pinning it on me - I didn't did it!

Probably so they can publicise their upcoming film.

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm

This reminds me of the scene in family guy where some horrible accident happens and kids die, when they name one of the dead kids as somebody rodriquez the reporters go away saying 'Thats not news'.

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:32 pm

I don't know - the whole Madeleine thing seemed to get many newspapers through the summer, when traditionally nothing much happens. At the moment, there's 3 serial killers been jailed within a week of each other which makes this anything but a slow news time.

As Shannon is 9 (rather than 4) and had a place she wanted to be (her father's home), I would've thought initial thoughts from the police and media would be that she had run away or gotten lost rather than had been abducted.

But it is true that she and her parents aren't particularly eloquent or photogenic so aren't exactly a media-friendly story.

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Euro on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 am

The madeleine thing was so popular because I think everybody knew after the first news report that her parents slaughtered her, so it just got bigger and bigger and they didn't know how to respond to this so they tried to defend themselves by creating more schemes to find the criminal, such as releasing sketches etc. This new kid who is missing is just another of the many who go missing each year, just with a less obvious story to it.
Euro

Re:

Postby JM on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 pm

They found shannon...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Duffman on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Quoting JM from 16:54, 14th Mar 2008
They found shannon...

[hr]

That's because her parents didn't chop her into little pieces.

[hr]

Don't dream too far,
Don't lose sight of who you are.
Don't dream too far,
Duffman

Re:

Postby falach on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:16 pm

I thought this thread would be a celebrity death match type thing :(
falach

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Quoting falach from 19:16, 14th Mar 2008
I thought this thread would be a celebrity death match type thing :(

Oh it is. It is.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby S on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Shannon was not mentioned much because it became apparent it was more of a social dispute amongst people who know each other. They knew she would be found. Just a prank more or less. Whereas maddie was clearly a murder from the very start.
S

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:33 pm

I don't think either of those statements is true, or even provable.

Infact, i reckon I can disprove your last. In which way is hiding a 9 year old child inside the drawers of a divan bed "a prank"?

[hr]

“Argue with an idiot long enough and people will fail to see the difference”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby threekings on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 pm

right so shannons mum has been arrested.....LOCK HER UP!!!
threekings

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:38 pm

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby TheUnixKid on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:43 pm

I think St Andrews should start interviewing applicants. They should put me in charge of interviews. None of you people would get in.
TheUnixKid

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 pm

On what basis?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Quoting Big X from 23:47, 25th Feb 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7262199.stm

seems like no one in the press gives a toss about this girl compared to maddie.....i wonder why:

1. broken home
2. working class family

at least her family actually seem to be rather upset my the whole thing/actually have emotions.

[hr]

I know the OP was making a point based on what we knew in Febuary about Shannon, but looking at this now the assumptions made seem so false. What was that I heard about the mother getting ideas from "Shameless", a program about a bunch of dole-hungry, lazy, criminally inclined members of our proud and historic white working class?

Seems like a case of life imitating art, which is as ever, a tribute more for the artist than the despicable scum he was depicting as true-to-life.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Gealle on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:05 am

One of those three statements seems ever more likely to be possible.

Quoting TheUnixKid from 22:43, 7th Apr 2008
I think St Andrews should start interviewing applicants. They should put me in charge of interviews. None of you people would get in.

[hr]

So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Raindog on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:18 am

I thought this thread was some form of celebrity death match request
Raindog

Re:

Postby robeless on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Quoting Duffman from 17:47, 14th Mar 2008
Quoting JM from 16:54, 14th Mar 2008
They found shannon...

[hr]

That's because her parents didn't chop her into little pieces.

[hr]

Don't dream too far,

Its just a matter of time before they find the pieces...
robeless

Return to The Sinner's Main Board