Home

TheSinner.net

"My mum's not happy about all these kids. She tells me to pack it in and keep it in my trousers."

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

"My mum's not happy about all these kids. She tells me to pack it in and keep it in my trousers."

Postby Raaaaaaaar on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:25 am

Yes, yes, I know its another BBC link (although the sinner seems to be lacking in them of late) but I didn't know what to think about this. Seven children by seven mothers in 8 years!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/5138444.stm

And if that wasn't bad enough I did a quick google search and found a photo.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/I-PU ... 1131220.jp

What is going on in the North East?!
Raaaaaaaar

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:34 am

I can't wait to meet you girls at the bus stop!!!

[hr]

[s]Warning : The sinner is a plateau, with moral high ground manifesting itself as an optical illusion in the the bearers mind.[/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 am

He sounds like an utter charmer, plus the fact he is ugly as sin. Jesus. I love how the article quotes the department of work and pensions saying they have the power to come after him. It sounds like they are not even going to bother about it now. I really dont understand why the girls kept the kids but thats just me.

Though one of the women got pregnant by him when he was 15 and shes in her 20's. Thats illegal is it not?

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Re:

Postby flossy on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 am

I've read interviews with the babymothers and their main concern seems to be that they need his name on the birth certs as they don't want their kids meeting up in a few years time and dating.

What type of woman is attracted to a guy who "went to my school but he got kicked out" and chats you up on the bus despite being well known in the area for being such a whore? Gaaarh! The North East has 52 births to under 18s compared to 42 as the UK average... wonder if it's all due to him.

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 am

Hahaha, what a legend
Manic23

Re:

Postby trouble on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:03 am

"I always use condoms. All of them were taking the pill. I don't know what happened."

BULL SHIT you did. Ugly liar!

[hr]

"Let's play master and servant."

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100566
trouble

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:24 am

Unfortunately for these girls being a single mum is a viable career option. Perhaps if we stopped paying these people to be so promiscous then eventually they might stop. Just a thought.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Senethro on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:48 am

Quoting Hennessy from 10:24, 3rd Mar 2008
Unfortunately for these girls being a single mum is a viable career option. Perhaps if we stopped paying these people to be so promiscous then eventually they might stop. Just a thought.

[hr]

"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers

Bullshit. Thats a claim about numbers, so why not show your working?
Senethro

Re:

Postby Okocim on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:48 am

Unfortunately for these girls being a single mum is a viable career option. Perhaps if we stopped paying these people to be so promiscous then eventually they might stop. Just a thought

What would be your alternative solution when a single women without financial support falls pregnant?
Okocim

Re:

Postby d_24 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 am

[hr]

"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers

Never a truer word spoken.

[hr]

Before Bauer...There Was House
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 am

The working's easy, Senethro, unemployment benefit, plus child support, plus rent, plus council tax benefit = £200 approx per week, tax free. Not luxury, perhaps, but not too bad. And there are a good few other allowances you could get as well.

There are options, of course, and unpalatable as it may be one of them is abortion. Another is adoption. Still another would be falling back on one's family.

It costs the state £10-15,000 per annum for each one of these unfortunate girls who accidentally got pregnant, and that's before you consider things like health care and education and the simple cost of providing the apparatus to administer all these benefits.

One answer is to do something about it, in the shape of better contraception and education, but that will never tackle a situation where getting pregnant is a road out of a possibly abusive or otherwise unpleasant household.

Is this "character" going to provide for his vast progeny in later life? Or are we?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby beeny on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:14 am

Great. Bring more albinos into the world....

[hr]

'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Re:

Postby Raindance on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 am

"Two of his children came from top-deck encounters between Keith and their mums"

Pfffft! I swear I saw that guy on TV a last year. He was only on four then!

[hr]

Raindance, i apologise if i've pissed you off

- Big X
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby ex student on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:07 pm

I resent paying for wankers like that. It stands a good chance that his childen will be dependent upon the state for the majority of their lives. The statistics prove that children brought up parents who are not economically active are more likely not to be economically active when they are working age (16-74). I don't think those children will get a fair deal in life, partly thanks to a father who no doubt will pay them no attention whatsoever.

I fully support the concept of the welfare state, unemployment benefit, sickness beneft, the nhs etc etc. However people like that are milking the system and when I have to scrape by I strongly resent it and think reform is drastically needed. The welfare state is simply out of control.
ex student

Re:

Postby eagle on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Quoting exnihilo from 10:57, 3rd Mar 2008
The working's easy, Senethro, unemployment benefit, plus child support, plus rent, plus council tax benefit = £200 approx per week, tax free. Not luxury, perhaps, but not too bad. And there are a good few other allowances you could get as well.

Hang on, I get just over £200 a week, and I work 9-5 (and occasionally more).
I have to pay for rent, bills, council tax and food.
This somehow doesn't seem totally fair.
eagle

Re:

Postby David Bean on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:20 pm

I'd hardly describe him as a 'wanker' under the circumstances, but never mind telling him to keep it in his pants - personally I reckon his mum should have chopped it off.

Can anyone give a coherent argument against what we might call the 'Juno solution': simply saying that nobody will be permitted to have children who can't from the outset support them by their own resources, and those who do will simply have them given for adoption to other, more responsible families?

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby 777 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Can't believe they agreed to have their addresses published - Jeremy Kyle fodder.

[hr]

You're not pinning it on me - I didn't did it!
I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread today but when I looked again it said 'Thick Cut'

Re:

Postby cuteasabutton on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:27 pm

i'm sure i saw him on jeremy kyle last year! (and yes lol i openly admit to watching jeremy kyle!)

[hr]

But do you REALLY think that the world is round?
But do you REALLY think that the world is round?
cuteasabutton

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Quoting David Bean from 21:20, 3rd Mar 2008
I'd hardly describe him as a 'wanker' under the circumstances, but never mind telling him to keep it in his pants - personally I reckon his mum should have chopped it off.

Can anyone give a coherent argument against what we might call the 'Juno solution': simply saying that nobody will be permitted to have children who can't from the outset support them by their own resources, and those who do will simply have them given for adoption to other, more responsible families?

[hr]

Was I alone in finding that movie both pretentious and mind-numbingly laid back at the same time?
No doubt the government will think of something to do with means testing childbirth, followed probably by a tax on procreation, then tax breaks for those "in the lowest band of income", to prevent discrimination, which will take us back to square one again, or rather to the back of the bus :D

[hr]

"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Quoting Hennessy from 18:03, 4th Mar 2008
Was I alone in finding that movie both pretentious and mind-numbingly laid back at the same time?

[hr]

"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers

You certainly weren't; it enraged me to a degree no film has managed to do in quite some time. It just thought it was so fucking cool, and it really wasn't.
Manic23

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board