Home

TheSinner.net

Reading/Leeds

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Reading/Leeds

Postby theshadowhost on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:19 am

wow - it was a mad scramble last night for tickets but i managed to get some. Seems everyone i know who wanted to get one managed too, as there were some on sale this morning.

What really annoyed me was that they changed the website whre you could buy the tickets from, so while everyone was trying seeitckets.com you actually just needed to go to wayahead.com or something like that. Almost missed out cause of those shinanigans.

How did everyone else do?

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby :) on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Didn't manage to get any!

Was trying solidly for 2 hours before finally getting through to a page only to find they'd all been sold (I was open to going to Leeds OR Reading!) :(

Well done on getting some though! Hope you have a fab time,

Extremely jealous festival fan :)
:)

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:17 am

Work at the festivals through Workers Beer Company (if they still have the contract)-- basically wooly leftists get in for free in exchange of four hours work a day-- not bad. You miss one headliner show, work one afternoon shift, and work one early evening shift over the three days.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby SchizophrenicCabbage on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Is there anything to stop you, as a worker, just running away (into the rest of the festival!) the second you get into the grounds?
SchizophrenicCabbage

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I forget if I had a different color wristband, but I know that by wearing the work T-shirt, I could avoid the crowds and use good short cuts by going behind the vendor tents and through the emergency vehicle area. They do make you sign a contract when you arrive saying they can throw you out for not doing your shift and the thing around your neck says you're staff.
-- and you get free food and one free (alcoholic) drink (or was it two?) a day. You can't get your food if you're not in the special camping area for workers (much much closer to the stages-- just behind where the famous people and crew park) and they would know if you didn't show up for your shift.
When you're not on shift you can do anything you want. Why not work four hours in order to get in for free/ get free food/ get a free drink/ take short cuts/ have a better camping area? It's worth it-- I do remember them checking the staff necklace thing at night when you came back to the camp so I assume they check other campsites for normal people ID.

I got on the list of workers through education.net or something. Ben Reilly originally showed me the site.
Also, just to warn you-- whatever organisation "sponsors" or vouches for you gets money for you going and showing up to work your shift, so I guess morality makes you go, because the group that sent you gets in trouble and loses money if you don't show up.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:42 pm

I didn't get tickets cause I didn't want to go to Reading but I was interested in the line up, had to listen to Zane Lowe to hear it cause the website wouldn't load up.

I thought the line up was alright, don't think Saturday is all that special, not as great as what Zane was going on about. Quite impressed that Slipknot are coming over to play just a couple of days after playing in America. RATM, QOTSA and Metallica should be awesome as well.

I personally think that Rock AM Ring in Germany is better, can't wait for it this year.

There are still day tickets for Reading left if you wanted them

Return to The Sinner's Main Board