Home

TheSinner.net

Make Your Own Job

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Make Your Own Job

Postby Gealle on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Guys

This will sound like the strangest, weirdest, wackiest thing you've ever heard...

I'm about to go to a meeting with senior management with a job design. They're gonna either accept or reject.

Yes, Gealle, the most incompetent fool on God's Earth... Is off to talk someone into giving him a job...

I shall keep you updated!

[hr]

So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

Gealle

Re:

Postby sweet on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:03 pm

hope it went well!
sweet

Re:

Postby Gealle on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:45 pm

So do I...

Turns out I have to wait two weeks while they review now...

Blast!

[hr]

Gealle

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 am

Quoting Gealle from 21:45, 3rd Apr 2008
So do I...

Blast!

[hr]

I hate it when they do that. I'm currently "on review" for a summer job, my interview was in February. Every time I phone they say they won't have made a decision before late April/May.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Gealle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Okay, so an update!

Turns out I didn't win the proposal... But also turns out I didn't need to!

I'm off to work in a lovely lovely division of Coutts.

Roll on the coffee breaks!!!

Quoting Hennessy from 05:21, 4th Apr 2008
Quoting Gealle from 21:45, 3rd Apr 2008
So do I...

Blast!

[hr]

I hate it when they do that. I'm currently "on review" for a summer job, my interview was in February. Every time I phone they say they won't have made a decision before late April/May.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers

[hr]

Gealle

Return to The Sinner's Main Board