Home

TheSinner.net

Stop the shit moderation

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Stop the shit moderation

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:04 am

munchingfoo = censorship.

STOP it fucktard

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:36 am

I like Marmite.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.thismanwillkillyou.com/avatars/tb3-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
-Welcome to The Sinner. Sorry about your thin skin.
Duggeh

Re:

Postby Gealle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 am

Nah. Bollocks. If Foo was really censoring anyone with just cause, I'd have been fucked over long ago.

[hr]

So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Lid on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:46 am

Maybe we should have a protest!

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:52 am

Should anyone wish to offer their services as a moderator, they should email admin@thesinner.net with their details.

Until then, Munchingfoo has my full support.

If you'd like your messages to be posted without being moderated, please sign up for a free account. It only takes a couple of minutes.
Admin

Re:

Postby Tigger on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:04 am

Foo does an astounding job, and as admin said, sign up for an account instead of hiding behind an "unregistered user" account.
People that bitch and moan about people, with the cowardice of anonimity piss me off. if you have a problem with the way things are done, make an effort to change, but stand up and be counted.

[hr]

My Wings Are Like A Shield of Steel...
(Claire Raynor)
My Wings Are Like A Shield of Steel...
(Claire Raynor)
Tigger

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:36 am

Quoting Admin from 08:52, 9th Apr 2008
double post

I just lolled the bed.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:40 am

I fully admit to comically moderating the April fools thread, but thats it.

If the moderator's of this site were over eager in their duties surely we wouldn't have allowed this thread?

Mostly I either do not allow an unreg. post to go through at all, or let it go through in full.

Occasionally, for example if it contains contact details I think might not be from the user concerned, I will remove those.

Appart from that, sign up for an account, then I wouldn't have to check that you weren't going to offend everyone, you'd be free to do it on your own.

P.S. I am not the only moderator of this board, what makes you think any modifications were my doing?

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 am

P.S.

I do get the feeling this is Rob trying to do a funneh.

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Quoting Lid from 08:46, 9th Apr 2008
Maybe we should have a protest!

[hr]

I protest this protestation!

Also, haven't we all realised by now that unreg users posts aren't worth the time of day? If Foo is censoring unreg posts then good on him!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Unregistered posts are very valuable if they are from prospective students (this is the whole point of the unreg system).
However, if they are just from people who don't want to put their name (or anonymous username) to their posts, or can't be bothered registering, then they're not so good. Sometimes it's difficult to judge which is which.
Admin

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Quoting from 21:49, 8th Apr 2008
munchingfoo = censorship.

STOP it fucktard

Sign up for a free account then and quit whining. You can be a dick with an account as well as without it.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Grant on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:50 pm

I'd like to see people use more real usernames. Not that its hard to guess who is who after a while I guess, but it might stop people being so bitchy to each other.

Then again, not allowing made up names would probably eliminate the I saw you, personal and advice please boards...I cant see someone using their real name to post interest in Scat.
Grant

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:53 pm

You're allowed 3 registered names, aren't you?
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm sure it's only 2.
Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 16:53, 9th Apr 2008
You're allowed 3 registered names, aren't you?

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 pm

It's currently two, but if there is enough demand, I can increase it to three
Admin

Re:

Postby the Empress on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:13 pm

anyone have any idea how often people use both accounts? Like, if you took into account people regularly posting under two names, would the number of actual posters be cut down dramatically? I have two, but only used the first for a few months before changing and have never posted under two at the same time (I can't remember why I switched. Think is was 'cos no one got the rather lame pun). Just curious . . .
the Empress

Re:

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Most people just use one account.
Admin

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:13 pm

I have two, the other one is simply my full name that I registered for use on the Elections board last year.

I've noticed certain usernames vary their capitalisation, Hennessy, for instance, is sometimes hennessy. Are these different people? Does that count as two accounts?

Apologies for the inevitably incorrect number of n's and s's used above.

[hr]

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby d_24 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Quoting hennessy from 15:09, 9th Apr 2008

Sign up for a free account then and quit whining. You can be a dick with an account as well as without it.

Oh there are many accounts with dicks attached to them to be sure. On the whole I enjoy The Sinner's daily flaming and bullshit, it's mostly very enjoyable to watch unreg users get their arses fed to them from a safe distance :D

[hr]

Before Bauer...There Was House
Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board