Home

TheSinner.net

Quiz

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Quiz

Postby mia_bt on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:03 pm

does anyone know of any quiz's in town on a Thursday?

mia_bt

Re:

Postby Smalex on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:00 pm

The music quiz is on at Aikmans, in the cellar bar on a Thurs. Starts at 8.30 ish i think...
Smalex

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 pm

There's a few quizzes on apostrophes lurking around the town on that night too, i think.

Re:

Postby Gealle on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 am

If you're going to try and be a fucking pedant, then at least realise it should be "There're".

Twat.

Quoting from 21:27, 21st Apr 2008
There's a few quizzes on apostrophes lurking around the town on that night too, i think.

[hr]

So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

Gealle

Re:

Postby Pedant on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 am

Now now, let's not get all het up about it.
Pedant

Re:

Postby Colleen on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:22 pm

This Thursday there'll be an inter-society pub quiz in the back room of the Whey Pat at 8.30pm, hosted by the good people of AltSoc, ComedySoc(k), DocSoc and PirateSoc, if that helps?

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:04 pm

I don't have to try and be a pedant, your ignorance just happens to bring it out in me.

Plus, the distinction between the countable noun of mass 'a few' is fine to say the least, in popular English usage.

However, the greengrocers' apostrophe is a criminal offence, and grammarians should exact capital punishments.

Cunt.

Re:

Postby Gealle on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Interesting that you suggest my ignorance brings out your pedanticism... I only recollect, and only see, my posting in response to you...

What are we letting into St Andrews nowadays?

[hr]

Gealle

Re:

Postby McK on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Quoting Gealle from 20:28, 22nd Apr 2008
Interesting that you suggest my ignorance brings out your pedanticism... I only recollect, and only see, my posting in response to you...

What are we letting into St Andrews nowadays?

[hr]

It's 'pedantry', not 'pedanticism'.
McK

Re:

Postby Gealle on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Indeed so.

I guess humour's disappeared from this thread as well?

[hr]

Gealle

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:56 pm

One could argue Maria's "quiz's" was correct as an abbreviation.

[hr]

Splat!
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:02 pm

This is a properly shit quiz guys.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Quoting from 19:41, 22nd Apr 2008
I don't have to try and be a pedant, your ignorance just happens to bring it out in me.

Of course, that sentence should read "I don't have to try to be a pedant; your ignorance just happens to bring it out in me."
Al

Return to The Sinner's Main Board